• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bixel's CAM & Normal HK Residential Monsters!!!

Started by bixel, June 18, 2007, 02:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Ohhh wow bixel you are goood... have you been able to figure out what went wrong or are you still
having the same troubles exporting?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bixel

:angrymore: Argh!!! Its such a huge building I am waiting around for like 8 hours just to find out it didn't export. I am consulting some workshop forums @ simtropolis.

Pat

ooooh no bixel that sucks some major juiceses.... i hope you can get it fixxed - pat

ohhh what about asking someone else try and export it? ? ? ?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Zaphod

War Kittens !?

Sim Shady

lol! i did a double take when i read zaphod's post.  Sure enough that looks like a driving range.  Crazy!

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bixel

New Residential up o th STEX, I have a CAM version ready to go but I don't know how to upload to the LEX hahahaha. Can somebody help me to upload to the LEX?

RippleJet

Quote from: bixel on August 17, 2007, 10:25:58 AM
New Residential up o th STEX, I have a CAM version ready to go but I don't know how to upload to the LEX hahahaha. Can somebody help me to upload to the LEX?

First, take a look at an existing upload and you'll get the idea, eg. Bixel's Kwang Wah Estate

The width of the pictures should be 250 pixels. The height has no restriction, but the topmost 188 pixels of the main (left) image is what will be displayed in the overview in LEX (the CAMeLot part in Bixel's picture). The second image should be a nightshot.

Send me a PM if you want the "CAMeLot" overlay for the main image and haven't got it yet. :thumbsup:

The Item Category should be CAM Residential.
The Item Type should be Growable.
Select LEX Exclusive only if you do not plan to upload it elsewhere.

Btw, to start the upload, select Upload a File in the left pane once you're inside the LEX.

Toblakai

Right,

I've managed to grow the kwai chung state stage 1 very quickly. Here are some pics:

Don't know if you also need pics of the stage 2 but that one is proving quite elusive to grow. I am zoning an entire R$ region with dirty industry, but that will take me some time. Anyhoe, if these picures are any good PM me and ill cut out something from the original images for the pic with the upload.

I'm back to growing that stage 14 kwai Chung Estate Stage 2,

Toblakai

Toblakai

Right,

I've been trying all week to get that stage 12 kwai chung estate to grow, and it simply doesn't  &mmm. Don't know what it is. Even with the R$ demand at 24k it just won't. I managed to grow lots of other lots, including a stage 15, 21k R$ residential CAMelot, but not what I was hoping for...

12k sims should not be the problem. I don't know how simcity selects what to build, or any of the other game mechanics involved. All I know is that in a place where R$ residentials seem to spring up like mushrooms, my 12x5 area stays empty or gets broken up and filled with other R$ residentials...

Ill try some more,

Toblakai.

RippleJet

Toblakai, did you zone 12×5 with the longer side towards the road, or 5×12, with the shorter side towards the road?

The Phase 2 grows on a 5×12!

Toblakai

That was an enlightening comment Ripplejet  &apls, and I've now managed to grow one. The annoying thing is that it was actually rather easy .

Here are the pics.

Amazing work bixel, these buildings are great. Also spot the 3 phase 1 Wang Chao buildings that grew on the 12x5 lot below it , I like them too. Anyway both kwai chung lots seems to work fine, and look good to me.

Toblakai.

Edit: Oh and the query looks ok to me, the building commutes, and when I turned the sims to high, the courtyards got some sim visitors.

bixel

oh very nice. and the night lighting props seem to be working. Just a couple changes to get it up to CAM standards and it will be on the LEX, thanks for testing this, Toblakai.

Also did you make the Wang Chau lots? Those look pretty good!

Toblakai

No no, they're yours :).

I saw in the CAM-city thread that you wanted some input on your other buildings, so I thought I'd point them out to you. The buildings in the pack look great and are a good addition to my CAMelot cities  &apls.

Keep up the good work,

Toblakai.

Pat

WoW that is a awsome monster soon to grow in my city...

bixel

Ah I see - it looks like its missing its prop. There is supposed to be 2 Y stacks ther not 1. I checked in LE and it looks fine, make sure you have this prop in the CAM Lots folder prop_WangChauHousing-0x6534284a-0xd376fa31-0x93df04ed.SC4Desc

RippleJet

Quote from: bixel on September 02, 2007, 02:45:31 AMI checked in LE and it looks fine, make sure you have this prop in the CAM Lots folder prop_WangChauHousing-0x6534284a-0xd376fa31-0x93df04ed.SC4Desc

That particular prop is one of those I was referring to in the PM I sent to you the other day, Bixel.
The hover and click queries of it doesn't work since the User Visible Name Key property is missing.

I'm enclosing a corrected version of that prop to this post. Hope you could update it :)

bixel

Thanks RippleJet. The CAM LOT v1 has been updated. or for those who already have it - just grab the attach file and override the original.

RippleJet

Bixel, I've checked your latest upload, the great Tin King Estate! :thumbsup:

Do you think you could reupload it with the following changes?

1. The filling degree needs to be increased from 1.0 to about 1.6 (there are three towers on the lot, each with an individual fillling degree of about 0.55).
Since the two prop towers cannot be given a filling degree, the remaining building exemplar tower has to be given a filling degree that takes into account the two prop towers.

2. The occupancy and several other properties will increase following this increased filling degree.
With a filling degree of 160%, the occupancy would be 19,175 R§.

3. The growth stage for the lot is too high, even after increasing the occupancy.
19,175 R§ on a lot sized 4×11 would still make it only a stage 10 lot.

In order not to have too many people complaining about the update, I've asked that upload to be locked till you've updated it. :thumbsup:

I'm enclosing a corrected SC4Desc file and a corrected (stage 10) SC4Lot file to this post:
    R$ Tin King Estate (CAM)-0x6534284a-0xd376fa31-0x54611d4d.SC4Desc
    R$10_4x11 TinKingEstate (CAM)_d3e7d4fd.SC4Lot

These two files should replace the once in your upload.

Note that the old SC4Desc file: R$14_4x11 TinKingEstate (CAM)_d3e7d4fd.SC4Lot needs to be deleted
and replaced with the new one: R$10_4x11 TinKingEstate (CAM)_d3e7d4fd.SC4Lot.

If you wish to change the growth stage, you can decrease it to 9 or increase it to 11, but not any further.
We need to keep the population densities within the stage limits in order to maintain a good development with all custom content buildings.

I hope those 42 who have downloaded the lot from the LEX can find the corrections in this post and download them from here.

bixel

The corrections seem good. I didn't know what filling degree is, now I know. Stage seems better too, but the 19,000 population is way too high. Real Hong Kong figures for these three towers is 1270 flats, and projected population of just 3,000. I think my original 12,000 was a good compromise. So I will update the file but I've kept the population figures at about 12,000.