• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

San Francisco Rotated

Started by SC4BOY, February 23, 2013, 12:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC4BOY

I'd like to know if anyone can rotate maps? I'm perfectly happy with the quality of maps of San Francisco, however there is a problem. Everyone knows of the difficulties of creating maps with "slanted" ie, not orthogonal roads, streets and other networks. Due to the geologic origin of S F it has mountains created by earth folds that are approximately at 30 degrees rotated from north-south. What I'd like is for someone to create a new map of SF with the map rotated such that the left-right direction would be approximately in line with the geologic folds. This would allow a much more comfortable (though still not without it's problems) creation of a city structure (whether "real" or imaginary) I have no idea if this is hard or easy .. I am sure it's possible, but there may be inadequate tools for dealing with the various maps data.

I know this does not align well with the ocean front, so in order to include most of the metro area, the map would probably need to cover a somewhat larger area than most of the current maps.

Thanks for your consideration.

wouanagaine

Hi SC4Boy

you can get the SF map and using SC4Mapper export to RGB or png then rotate the pic the amount you want using GIMP or Photoshop ( if you use RGB, do not use any filtering ) then reimport the rotated image in SC4Mapper

Hope it helps

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4