• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Transparent lots

Started by Kuewr665, March 30, 2013, 07:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuewr665

I would like transparent lots. Just that. With no props, no modification to the terrain, nothing. Just transparent lots.

These lots should allow God Mode trees and Mayor Mode props to be placed on them. I want them in the sizes of 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4. Two sets would be good: those with no effect at all and those with a park effect. A total of eight lots would be made.

The reason being that I want some tiles to remain unchanged or unmodified by neighboring zones, but I don't want to place parks with a grass texture on them. I also want to build parks with the terrain showing through them.

threestooges

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying when you say you "want some tiles to remain unchanged or unmodified by neighboring zones." As far as I can recall, a zone on one grid tile will not affect the neighboring empty terrain grid tile. You would have the land showing through.

As far as making a park on that land, there are plenty of Mayor Mode Plops (MMPs) that are out there, including dirt/concrete paths, trees, bushes, animals, etc. The LEX is a good place to start for that. Chrisadams' Rural Renewal Pack in particular has a fair number of options.

In other words, you don't need to cover over every inch of terrain on your map with a lot of some sort. I hope that answers your question.

Kuewr665

Quote from: threestooges on March 30, 2013, 07:59:45 PM
I'm not sure I follow what you're saying when you say you "want some tiles to remain unchanged or unmodified by neighboring zones." As far as I can recall, a zone on one grid tile will not affect the neighboring empty terrain grid tile. You would have the land showing through.

What I mean is that if zones are placed on uneven terrain, when the development starts, the neighboring tiles are changed to meet the level of the lot. This is the effect I want to avoid.

vortext

Quote from: Kuewr665 on March 30, 2013, 07:46:23 PM
I would like transparent lots. Just that. With no props, no modification to the terrain, nothing. Just transparent lots.

That'd be quite easy to do with the SC4Pim.

Quote from: Kuewr665 on March 30, 2013, 09:33:13 PM
What I mean is that if zones are placed on uneven terrain, when the development starts, the neighboring tiles are changed to meet the level of the lot. This is the effect I want to avoid.

iirc holding down the ctrl key while zoning also helps retaining walls and foundations from happening.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Kuewr665

Thanks for the link. I'll try that out.