• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SimFox's Pixel Torture Chamber

Started by SimFox, June 23, 2007, 04:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimFox

I'm very happy to jump on this CAM band wagon, as I'm too after Bixel's example am breading behemoths and like beasts. Te biggest Metro Harbour View is mammoth 18x6 structure is currently on a hold as export times exceed what I can allow. But small things like this One Silver Sea complex which is mere 9x5

here it is: Zoom5 view (with accurate game size):

And more "human" perspective shot:

FromTheAshes

Wow stunning  &apls
I guess you've got a very good computer, don't you?  :D
Visit Vorsfelde.

Rayden

Amazing detailing! This will be definately a 14/15 CAM stage building. &apls

jeronij

I simply cant believe what my eyes are seeing...  ???

It looks .... HUGE  :thumbsup: ¡¡¡

And perfect detailing.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

sebes

Wow, this is huge indeed...  :o    How many people will live there?
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

SimFox

Actually it isn't all that huge. Only 7 towers. And cause it is upscale development there are only 3 apartments on a normal floor and 2 on top floors and floors above safety floor totaling to 101 two bedroom apartments per tower. So I would say the entire complex would house about 2500-3500 people tops..
This, however is entirely different animal:

with greater amount of floors, towers and apartments per floor (8!) this behemoth - Metro Harbour View I&II is providing dwelling to about 15000-17000 people!

DebussyMan

So realistic! Specially those nitelights.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

SimFox

thank you guys!

Little update:
OneSilverSea base:

jeronij

Simply astounding  :o ¡¡¡ Those residential benemouths are really really impressive  &apls
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Antoine

SimFox

Somethin' BIG is coming!!!
$%#Ninj2 $%#Ninj2 $%#Ninj2

Countdown starts NOW!

Glenni

that nightlighing is awesome SImfox... how the heck did you do it??? :o

wouanagaine

Quote from: SimFox on June 27, 2007, 05:05:56 AM
Somethin' BIG is coming!!!
$%#Ninj2 $%#Ninj2 $%#Ninj2

Countdown starts NOW!
From which number does it start ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

SimFox

Glenni:
It's done with night library/night materials - more sophisticated and flexible version of NightWindows available to MAX users.

Wouanagaine:
yeah.. you're right.. the number is missing... I thought that it would be ready to present by now, unfortunately export had failed due to the PNG library error... Never seen one... and strangely not sure where does it come in... If I remember the script correctly it operates with TGAs and BMPs...
It is rendering now again... hopefully it will go through this time...

Marczar:
no, well, I have done some work for a friend of mine as a "thank you" for MAX/Vray license. But I really like it... and hope to expand a bit into this thing...

PaulvMontfort

I really want to be able to give my buildings that real look like your work. Are there any tutorials which come in handy or could you teach me some basic stuff? :P

HabLeUrG

Pat

omg sim that is greeeeeeeeat and its simply amazing omg omg omg

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

SimFox

Yes!! I's coming !!!  :D
Check inn in couple of hours... something that was LOOONG since expected is finally here!!!
:thumbsup:

FromTheAshes

I'm anxious :o
Great update btw, I love the windows :P Which version of the Max do you use?
Visit Vorsfelde.

SimFox

And here it is!
Ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls!
May I introduce to you the Lippo Centre!
This is my joint project with Paul who had built this fantabulous model!
My input is materials, lighting and rendering the beast!
It ushers the new type of rendering, lighting that I have been working on since I first started bating about a year ago. I loved idea of bringing buildings to life, but wanted more than regular bat was able to provide. So here it is for you expert judgment:

these are in-game shots. Sorry After I've transferred stuff to Vista I haven't really been playing the game and my old towns didn't survive. So I don't have a town to place it in. It may look a bit odd in the open field, but surrounded with like styled "glass" buildings it should look right. And since this project was a "technology demonstrator" and now more will be coming. I have some projects and so does Paul. With this technique  we plan to bring shiny new CBDs to the simcities on your computers.

FromTheAshes:
Phoenix? may I call you that??  ;)
I use Max9
Enjoy!