• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SimFox's Pixel Torture Chamber

Started by SimFox, June 23, 2007, 04:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimFox

Hm... tricky question...
What to say? Basically Requests -  No! But if something interesting is brought to my attention  - Yes.

This building has both interesting and some problematic sides to it. For instance its slight bend. I would put in on both categories at the same time! It plays well with material (glass) in catching and reflecting the light, but would be hard to integrate into the game. Also those photos are Absolutely not enough to model THAT building. There is nothing on them really to go on. Just glass.

PaulvMontfort

is this BAT a complete representation of the real one? Because one curved wall looks a bit strange on a rectangular building..

fusion_lemon

Paul :) , em.... in reality, it is  :-[
either from google map or the 3D view, that wall with the CITIC logo is slightly curved...

Let's see if he's going to modify a bit on the base-floor ratios coz they seem too tall compared to the upper floors (to make the BAT a more realistic representation of the real building... ;) )

SimFox

Yep; Paul it is... I'm a bit in doubt myself what to do with it.. Leave it slightly curved like now (and real life) or do something about it... Problem is that this particular spot is obscured by some tree on all the photos...
btw here is a version with shortened base floors:

Alfred.Jones

I really like the colour for some reason :P The sandstone texture on the wall and base of the foyer looks great :thumbsup: Nice work SimFox

Sim City 4 Devotion

fusion_lemon

Seems better  :thumbsup:
A lovely building~

rusummer1

Quote from: SimFox on June 20, 2008, 03:01:30 AM
Hm... tricky question...
What to say? Basically Requests -  No! But if something interesting is brought to my attention  - Yes.

This building has both interesting and some problematic sides to it. For instance its slight bend. I would put in on both categories at the same time! It plays well with material (glass) in catching and reflecting the light, but would be hard to integrate into the game. Also those photos are Absolutely not enough to model THAT building. There is nothing on them really to go on. Just glass.
OK, I just didn't know if you would.
Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

joaopaulodellamea

SimFox

For last month all sort of things were distracting me from BAT, but (;-)) now there is a little progress on Richful to report:

tankmank

wow love it and is that Pizza hut ?

SimFox

yeah, it is... But there will be other things as well... I just used PizzaHut to size it up for a moment...

Simpson

WOW very good bat, this bat will have a place in my city  ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

SimFox

Simpson

Great work on this bat, there are lots of détails it's very good  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

SimFox

adding some details...

South:

East

North

West

I seem to have driven myself into a corner again... The problem is with those underground garage entrances. One on the north side of the building will have an issue with "reversed shadow" if rendered as a part of the building. Making it into separate prop?? Could someone knowledgeable in the subject advise me? I mean I want to keep the number of separate objects to the absolute minimum as not to overburden the game engine. Also those stone things by the exits from garages... If the canopies and stairs/ramps are part of the building itself (Main LOD) then how would those stone thingies could be done? Should then be as en independent Prop?

SimFox

here are first "night shots" of Hangzhou corner Office/retail building

mightygoose

looking beautiful my friend.... although i dont think pizza hut would have their name written quite so many times on the store front..
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Shadow Assassin

Very nice work, but to be honest, the one curved wall really ruins the entire building, IMO.

Textures look fabulous, too.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

toxicpiano

OMG UNI QLO IS AWESOME

marvelous looking buildings! The curvy bit looks a bit funny on the first one  :)

If you're out of ideas at some stage (althought I don't see that happening any time soon) and want a super interesting building try lloyd's of London:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd%27s_building

What do you think of it?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

bat

Great work there on your buildings! They are looking fantastic! :thumbsup:
The night shots are looking beautiful, too! :thumbsup: