• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

missing plugin pack?

Started by RiverDancer, July 18, 2013, 05:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverDancer

This is a fresh install, to get rid of problems I was having (which Catty helped me with - thanks). All has been prefect, until one weird save when it lagged out badly (a first). Now, on the largest map of my new region I get a message when opening it that I am missing a plug in pack. Nothing seems wrong on the map, nothing explains this for me. The number given is 1848987856. Please advise what this could refer to, if possible. From searching and reading for it here, it is a missing building of some sort?

idk  ???

thank you for reading

catty

Hi RiverDancer

Have you read this topic

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11329.0

something in there may help, unfortunately missing plugin packs are something that usually can only be fixed by the user as there is no master list of these numbers and as as you can see from the topic I linked you to, the number may not be any help to you or anyone else either when trying to find what is missing.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

RiverDancer

Yes, I'd read that, thanks :). So it amounts to wait until I see something missing a building or not working right and re-downloading that later, it seems. ... or not LOL.

catty

Unfortunately yes, your only hope is someone else has been missing the same plugin and recognizes the number or does what I've just done and checked my plugins folder and also my storage area, and I'm afraid haven't been able to match it to anything and if its in a DAT file then I can't find it anyway.

sorry   :(

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Rayden

I've been missing that one too, for quite a qhile now, but nothing seems wrong or missing on my game. My guess is that is a small prop used in a lot that the owner have and perhaps never released, or an updated propack that might have overwritten the old one where that prop belonged from. It's very trick to find those things unless it's building and then the box pops up visible.