• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

POST HERE If you cannot access the LEX

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2007, 02:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colyn

I am curious ... 251 files on the Exchange ... over 600 Downloads on your username ... 1.4 Gig ... care to tell us what is going on ?
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

Silur

This is real mistake - I downloaded about 70 ojects - no more

Colyn

Ok ... I will unlock you now ... and look a bit deeper into the stats.
Come see CSX Play

Silur

Hi, Colyn
Thanks for your answer.
My downloaded objects from your unique site now only about 85 MB - no more .....

Colyn

This note is NOT aimed at ANY ONE PERSON but to a number of LEX users ...

We have extracted the DL Stats per user per lot and I want to call it a SHAME LIST ... don't be surprised if this list gets published ... why would people download the same lot 30 times  :'(
Come see CSX Play

BarbyW

I think you should publish the list as this is unacceptable and a drain on precious bandwidth. I can understand downloading twice if there had been a problem with the first download but 30 times is - well I am speechless.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Colyn

Well BArby we will most probably publish parts of it .... what I want to make clear is that we TRACK every download in order to make sure we get the information needed to maintain a User;s Download history ... so this tracking obviously allows us to see if we have "BOOSTERS" on the LEX ...

I am sorry ... I am not going to allow a small number of users to spoil it for all and USERS must not be suprrised if they loose their download facilities.
Come see CSX Play

callagrafx

I agree, there's no rating system per se so unless it's to boost download stats (which most uploaders could give a rats arse about) there is no logical reason...let's see the culprits...of course there could be a simple explanation such as download software going berserk, but who knows?  At at time when bandwidth is an issue, this kind of behaviour needs to stop..this isn't STEX you know?
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Colyn

The initial list is available on the BSC Forum under LEX User Admin for those that have access to that Forum.
Come see CSX Play

Diggis

I'll confess to possibly downloading a props pack on there a few times to get the registry sorted at Pegs, but not more than 3 or 4.  30 is a little excessive for a site open less than 6 months.

Silur

Hi,Colyn
I have only about 85,20 MB (75 objects) downloads from Lex.
And I think, that  Callagrafx is right - 99 % this is a simple work of my download software named ReGet Deluxe.
This program work with renew communication after discontinuation one ...
Imagine - how I can download 600 !!! objects in 20 minutes ????
This is unreal ....
What must I do ??? What can I do ???  :(
Thanks ...

Colyn

No problem ... we suspected as much ... in future I think you must disable the download manager and do it the traditional way ;)
Come see CSX Play

Silur

Well, I'll try download with Windows XP tools.
Thanks for your answer ...

Ct_sanderson

Yeah the email don´t go to me.Please,my username:CT_Sanderson.Requires + information?

Deputy Mayor

Registered as "Deputy Mayor" on the LEX yesterday, still haven't received a confirmation e-mail.  Can someone please look into this, thank you!

callagrafx

@CT_Sanderson...I've manually activated you so have fun

Deputy Mayor, there is no record of your registration...try again and if you don't get the email, post here again
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Deputy Mayor

Quote from: callagrafx on February 15, 2007, 11:42:50 AM
@CT_Sanderson...I've manually activated you so have fun

Deputy Mayor, there is no record of your registration...try again and if you don't get the email, post here again

Thanks, I tried again and finally got the e-mail.  But now the link doesn't seem to work???  I get the following error message:

"You have entered invalid data !
The following seems incorrect ...
User Already Active ..."

So I close the window, go straight to the LEX to Login and get the following error message:

"You have entered invalid data !
The following seems incorrect ...
Your account it still Inactive. Please check your e-Mail."

I don't understand what else I'm supposed to be doing?  ()what()

callagrafx

Not sure why you got the system controller, but your account is now active on the LEX..enjoy!

Ct_sanderson

I can´t see the email.It isn´t in my box.Please,try again ok?Or it´s a bug?You can send other email adress to me(problems with the system of the email?)

Deputy Mayor

Quote from: callagrafx on February 15, 2007, 12:11:03 PM
Not sure why you got the system controller, but your account is now active on the LEX..enjoy!

Finally got in, thanks for the help!  :thumbsup: