• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

Apparently that site doesn't allow any hotlinking, I'm afraid you'll have to use a different site...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Pythias900KMB

Quote from: Seaman on March 13, 2019, 06:32:28 PM
Quote from: Haljackey on March 13, 2019, 05:54:54 PM
Seaman: Those left exits make me antsy!

Haha... I know what you mean  $%Grinno$%. In Germany, those left exits would be an absolute nogo (still, there are some on very rare occasions). To me, these oddities are something like a trademark for the US. Interestingly, I've noticed that in some US-states they seem to have come out of favour and some are scheduled to be replaced by proper right hand side exits (e.g. as seen in this cool video for the I-4 Ultimate Project in Orlando, Florida).
At the cost of some much needed sleep, I took the time to watch the provided video.  I really like how the Florida Transportation Department laid out its future plans for IH-4 and just led us through that to where it would be quite understandable for people to get excited about that project and even root for its success.  Now it is not my intention to start an argument or displace anyone's judgment with my own; still, I do believe that it would cost a lot less to teach those motorists how to proactively plan to avail those left-hand egress ramps along with the left-hand access ramps rather than revising the whole roadway because a select subset of motorists are not of the CPU clock speed to successfully avail what is already there.

CasperVg

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Haljackey

New spiral interchange

Imgur Album showing how I built it:
https://imgur.com/gallery/vTmFnNH

Click for full size.

Haljackey

Haljackey

Triple posting? Sorry!

Completed interchanges surrounding the spiral interchange.

Link to thread showing my work

Click images for full size

LucarioBoricua

Gonna share some of my beauties here! This is a sample of content I've posted to Simtropolis during the last 3 years:

(Any help with making sure the Imgur links appear in thumbnail mode, rather than full-size or as links is appreciated!)

Experimenting with sunken freeways--collector-distributor diamond at-grade:

Experimenting with sunken freeways--diamond over sunken portion:

My first successful experimental whirlpool interchange:

First official whirlpool interchange in Jubilife, Sinnoh Region (daytime):

And during the night:

Diamond interchange serving parallel one-way roads, Jubilife, Sinnoh Region:

Diverging diamond interchange in Jubilife, Sinnoh Region:

Interchange between Routes 213, 214 and 222 in the Sinnoh Region:

Diamond interchange with roundabouts along Route 213:

Flyovers and roundabout at the termination of the Solaceon-Veilstone Freeway, Route 213, Sinnoh Region:

Two parclo interchanges with squeezed high speed rail and conventional rail in Veilstone, Sinnoh Region:

Directional T interchange in Route 215, Sinnoh Region:

Emergency path link between carriageways / roadbeds in Eterna-Snowpoint freeway (Route 216), before adding snowy environment:

Trumpet interchange in Route 217, Sinnoh Region. Bonus Network Widening Mod roundabout!:

Trumpet interchange in Route 211, Sinnoh Region:

Tyberius06

Hi!

Put the links between these codes [ img width=720 ][ /img ]. (without the "speces" in before and after []. You should write the width=720 manually into the first part of the code, so the image won't break the page, but will be clickable.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Haljackey

Looks really good! I like the way the frontage road connections are set up. It's hard to pull off in SimCity 4, but you did it! Great other designs too!

-----

Expanded this interchange to contain full connections before development occurs. The nearby bullet train line means that the southbound connections have to be really tight.

Click images for full size.

Finally finalized the setup of this highway terminus.

bladeberkman

Slowly... arduously... painstakingly... linking up my region.  :)

-Blade

mattb325

These are like works of art  :thumbsup:

bladeberkman

Another interchange brought to you by the forthcoming RHWX. :) This one was a real pain, but I'm so happy with it.

-Blade

smileymk

Something a little bit different... a roundabout retrofit into a tight spot to connect a side road and retail park with a main road in a satisfactory way. Not the prettiest thing ever, but it works:

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

Wiimeiser

The street intersections could use some work... For the one on the left, would dragging road out of the intersection for one tile work?

smileymk

Quote from: Wiimeiser on June 22, 2019, 05:10:39 PM
The street intersections could use some work... For the one on the left, would dragging road out of the intersection for one tile work?

Unfortunately not, I did try that but the preview showed it would have created a T-junction with crossings and presumably traffic lights.

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

Haljackey

A big parclo interchange that just barely fits between the rail line and bullet train line

Click images for full size.

Wiimeiser

...Yeah, I really need to figure out how T-Stacks work. The problem is there's no way to have a narrow median, the median has to be 5+ tiles wide to account for FlexFly, you need to either turn the terminating highway 90 degrees immediately, or waste 17 tiles of length to bring it all together...  :angrymore:

Haljackey

Hi Wiimeiser, here's one I made with a narrow median... Perhaps it might help you out with your design?

https://i.imgur.com/nrKYust.jpg

Wiimeiser

That helps a bit, but the back part still sticks out a bot too far...

compdude787

I think that the reason Haljackey did it like that is because you can't have two FlexFlys on top of each other. Apparently, this would require lots of code to get it to work right, so such a setup is non-functional and obviously doesn't look right.

The best way to do a compact T-stack is to use the 45-degree FlexFlys and have them cross each other like I did in this interchange I made several years ago:
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel