• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Buddybuds Expansive Attempts at Anything & Everything.

Started by buddybud, November 12, 2007, 03:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddybud

got the diags pretty much completed. but i think i have to some how lighten the dark sides of the el to have some texture show through. but the props now function.

No Slope Mod

Slope Mod

IN OTHER NEWS

QuoteME : the big question for now is to expand the number and pattern of empty lots under an el from 2 to atleast 4. this would be so i could try and add as much variation as possible underneith the network tiles.  as stated there are presently two. one with a pylon and one empty. i image this could be expanded and manipulated by using the same methods incorporated in designing a bridge. i will check into this next.

Well i managed to get three seperate t21lots going...but the pattern is a bit wild...lol

Edit for this pattern i created 3 t21 exemplars and used the following kPropertyID_NetworkPlacementPattern's
0x04,0x08,0x01,0x02 Cube
0x01,0x02,0x04,0x08 Sphere
0x0F,0x0F,0x0F,0x0F Cone

this would imply that you could have 3 different types of lots appear. say buildings etc at instead of squares, parkinglots at sphere, and a mix of filler at cone. couple with randomness in each of these lots and the possibilities of diferent types for each zone and wealth makes for some pretty diverse layoutes.

thanx all...and no worries about discussing anything here. all info is good info....cheers.

jeronij

You can control the pattern using the kPropertyID_NetworkPlacementPattern property  ;) . However, as far as I am aware, nobody knows how this property exactly works atm. I recall Smoncrie said he made some investigation on this property, but without final definitive results. I hope you have more patience and can come to some clear information about this property  ;D  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

buddybud

thanx jeronij....thats exactly what im doing. though i have to admit i have no idea what im doing...hehe $%Grinno$%
heres a shot implementing 3 t21s with the same pattern as shown above. helps the appearance a lot. a pylon and a path added for fun.

EDIT>>>>>>
yeah...and now four t4s implemented.
remember each of these can be randomized.

Edit for this pattern i created 4 t21 exemplars and used the following kPropertyID_NetworkPlacementPattern's
0x04,0x08,0x01,0x02 Pylon
0x01,0x02,0x04,0x08 Path
0x0E,0x0D,0x0B,0x07 Empty
0x07,0x0E,0x0D,0x0B Shed

Edit for this pattern i created 5 t21 exemplars and used the following kPropertyID_NetworkPlacementPattern's
0x04,0x08,0x01,0x02 Pylon
0x01,0x02,0x04,0x08 Path
0x0E,0x0D,0x0B,0x07 Empty
0x07,0x0E,0x0D,0x0B Shed
0x0F,0x0F,0x0F,0x0F Wharehouse.

no idea what the pattern is here but it works....ill stop there.

TopCliff

You . . . are . . . a . . . god. This is an awesome project. It would add so much realism to the game with realistic Els. Don't ever stop what you're doing.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

Filasimo

hey buddybud,
nice work and latest developments that previous update looks like a pretty christmas tree!  :D btw welcome to the team!!! :thumbsup: &apls
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Ennedi

That's really great buddybud!  &apls

But tell me please (I'm not familar with T21 exemplars  ;))
How is the meaning of property values (highlighted in red) in your last and previous messages and how they imply what we see on pictures?  :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

buddybud

they are the kPropertyID_NetworkPlacementPattern and i dont know how they work but essentially using them you can place seperate lot specefic props for each exemplar in the t21 exemplar group. i showed this in the first picture with the cubes spheres and cones. im not sure what the values represent but if you replace those basic props with props like the ones in the pictures below you then get a dragable network with specific props laid out in a pattern...in theory...the pattern has eluded all  as far as i can tell. matching these against bridges will help since we can see how they assemble in game. ive just been toying but have gotten good results. it will just make everything that more diverse.

cheers.

Ennedi

Thank you, your results are really good and it was a reason I asked you what represent these values  :)
So I understand it needs some more playing  ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Whew! You continue to impress here, my friend! These are fantastic!

freedo50

Awesome work as ever from you Buddybud! At the minute I see one problem with these; in our $$$ commercial districts we're not gonna want sheds and random industry junk under the el-rail tracks, is there a way to turn this off and on?

Fred

Silur

Hi, Buddybud ...again ...
I think, You can show Your Great work as Beta version here and someone may test it ...
I know - All Your works are with HiFi Quality ...
Thank You and Happy New Year 2008 !!!

buddybud

&hlpHappy New Year all..... &hlp

Quote from: freedo50 on January 01, 2008, 09:48:06 AM
Awesome work as ever from you Buddybud! At the minute I see one problem with these; in our $$$ commercial districts we're not gonna want sheds and random industry junk under the el-rail tracks, is there a way to turn this off and on?

Fred

hi fred...your absolutely right. this is intended for low wealth ind and can be assigned as such. so yes in a way it can be turned off...each zone and wealth can have a different appearence. it will just take time for someone to creat it. I'm making the template so to speak.

thanks thundercraker
thanks silur

On The Mirroring Front:

This took a lot of work to accomplish.  I Never did get this to work using exactly the same methods described by swamper and microbal. But i think this is essentially the same.  Eventually I just searched the simcity1.dat file and looked for Resource Key Type 1xm and found about a dozen exemplars. i picked the Street2x8x1_RoadBarrier_29BF instance  0x29BF1000. I then copied this to my dat and assigned it a unique id. I then opened up lot editor and made an empty lot with the road barrier in the middle. next i opened my dat in reader and created a t21 exemplar for the curved road under rail piece and added the prop from my newly created lot and then changed the prop line to point to the newly assinged unique id of my Street2x8x1_RoadBarrier_29BF . i assigned the kPropertyID_FlipsAllowed to 0x02 and saved it. i then copied the t21 and assigned the copy an new unique id and changed its kPropertyID_FlipsAllowed to 0x01. other than that the two t21's are identical. next i then opened the Street2x8x1_RoadBarrier_29BF instance i saved in my dat and change the Resource Key Type 1 to point to the tgi of the square model and change the Resource Key Type 1xm to point to the tgi of the cone model. last you have to change the Occupant Size to match the new models size. thats it. thats how i got it to work.

essentially this represents the last of the technical barriers of this mod. the rest is just doing it....yeah ;D

TopCliff

All that techno mumbo=jumbo just gave me a headache. Whatever it is, it sounds cool for this game.  :thumbsup:
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

buddybud

it hurts my head too...and ive been fiddling with this for weeks...lol.
the only reason i write it down is because its not fully documented and might help others avoid the weeks of noodling i went through...

peace

DFire870

This project looks great and will definitely bring some realism to elevated rail. I was wondering, couldn't you integrate this with the El-Rail Facelift Mod, so that you could have the wealth/zone-dependent stuff on the ground as well as the new skin?

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

JoeST

That facelift mod is for the elevated heavy rail... I believe

and this is amazing. well done on getting on the NAM team, and thanks for doing this

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Shadow Assassin

QuoteThat facelift mod is for the elevated heavy rail... I believe

Actually, he's talking about the one MicroABL (or whatever the spelling is) did a short while ago.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

flame1396

Sweet... warehouses and paths might get overdone (ie. too many)... why not make more instances of empty to make warehouses and paths less common so as not to overdo the effect. This in effect dilutes the props and makes it more empty (I fear that in large stretches it will get a bit repetitive.

Oh, and why not the occasional squatter camp underneath the el? A crime scene outline prop (the one that came with the game) would also be a nice thing to have occasionally show up.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

buddybud

hey flameboy. I agree completely. The above pictures were merely working out How to implement patterns. they in no way represent what will be released. But yes i agree.

as to what ive been doing. Been a bit sick as of late. But i finished a big step. I finished all the standard elrail props and base props. heres a preview.

heres a detail just to show how different zones etc can be effected.

and heres the exemplars represented so far.
the yellow dots are non mirrored t21exemplars,
the blue dots are lots that require slope conforming props,
the green dots are lots that require different filler bits depending on adjoing zone and wealth.

in short im up to quite a few exemplars and models. next ill tackle all road-elrail intersections. that will represent a majority of the base mod.