• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Buddybuds Expansive Attempts at Anything & Everything.

Started by buddybud, November 12, 2007, 03:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddybud

thanks choco....i will be bugging you for info on that at some point. I'ts much appreciated.

j-dub. I'm confused as to who your responding to or what your saying?.....lol

bud

Pat

Hey Bud love the progress going on here wow!!! A lot has been going on and did you happen to hear a special plug?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

buddybud

thanx pat
plug you say? no i am unaware? do tell!

edit....pat just listened and loved it, thank you very much my friend.  :thumbsup:

Pat

Hey Bud got your PM and I wanted to post here instead and to say that your soo welcome!!!! It was my pleasure in doing that, now if you want a full commercial just drop me a PM with the details of the commercial...  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

buddybud

Well a little progress on the el front for all those interested. i redid the orth stubs and the diag main piece....need to fix the texture for the diag post as seen on the left. I'll tackle the diag stubs next. it's the last of the sope conforming bits and represented quite a challenge last time round sinse they both mirror and are slope conforming. After that the curves, and merging bits. I think i'll stick with the wood tracking...i've come to like it with the shadows.

oh and if anyone wonders why i just don't use the models i made last year, there's plenty of reasons...the dimensions have been slightly altered, all new textures are being used, the track itself has allowed me to further modify things, plus there were many gaps and inperfections the first go round. Hense new models. But again i still think its worth the change.

Bud....

deathtopumpkins

Oh we're interested bud!  :D

They look great! Though do those bumpers at the ortho end look... odd? to anybody else?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

BigSlark

Those are incredible!  :o

As always, I'm up to beta test...  :D

DTP, the bumpers look very realistic to me. If we could convince Buddy to modify them a bit so they could replace the standard ones on standard DTR that would be awesome.

I look forward to the next step with these.

Cheers,
Kevin

buddybud

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on February 19, 2009, 12:35:43 PM
hough do those bumpers at the ortho end look... odd? to anybody else?

lol...i made those..  :'(  ..i can change them if need be...i just kinda whipped them up..

Thanx bigslark...i'll bug ya when i get to beta...that will be a week or two away at best...but remember much of what is done is reusable so it kinda snowballs as I go and gets quicker

deathtopumpkins

Awww... don't take it personally! $%Grinno$%

Upon closer inspection they do appear pretty realistic, it was just at a first glance they looked off. They're fine!  ;)

Oh, and put me down for the beta too if you don't mind.  :)

choco

buddybud

bit more of an update....pretty much finished the diagonal stubs but am still not happy with them though. Started work on the curves.
Bit of a texture mis alignment but looking ok. The textures aren't quite up to par for the track but i'm not going to worry about that for now.

sithlrd98

&apls &apls Great progress update! looking real good there!

Jayson

SimNation

Great to see its still coming along at a good pace. Hopefully I will have my downtowns up and running by the time they are released.

Albus of Garaway

Those look really nice! I have a city that they'd be perfect for. ;)

carkid1998

hey! my cities are adapting to suit that e-rail without me knowing
()testing() 8) 8) 8)
Sendona... Coming soon!

Pat

Hey Bud your so welcome for the plug there and also the new textures are well worth it honestly!!!

buddybud

Thanx everyone...

More of an update. Didn't redo the track texture but i completed the models for the curves. Essentially most of the remaining tiles can be assembled from these models. But i still have to do track textures, shadows and assembly for the rest. But it's progress. I've been using different textures and lighting for different angles and was wondering how it would all come together....worked out better than i expected!
  :satisfied:

Next i'll assemble the rest of the curves then i'll tackle the various el-el intersections. Once thats done i will incorporate the sidewalk portion and post a beta...Thats some days away though.
Cheers

dedgren

Whoa, Bud.  That is exceptional.

I grew up in Chicago (the western 'burbs, actually).  Who needed an amusement park when, for less than a buck, you could go downtown and ride the 'el all day?  You're bringing it all back, my friend.

Oh, and on the bumper controversy- I know what a bumper looks like.

They even light up...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

metarvo

My motto when it comes to transit options is "the more, the better."  As a result, I am most definitely pleased to see this new style of El-Rail, Bud.  Those curves look seamless, in addition to the other segments.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

deathtopumpkins

Wow, those look real good! :thumbsup: nice and smooth and very detailed...