• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Buddybuds Expansive Attempts at Anything & Everything.

Started by buddybud, November 12, 2007, 03:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inspecter

I wonder how this El-rail looks connecting to the GLR lines?

wes.janson

This is looking amazing.  &apls

I honestly think these models should be used to replace the existing el-rail over road.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

buddybud

wes.jansen - thanks, and thats the general plan...except the sidewalks will change for wealth also, heres a pic from the first page of earlier work to give ya an idea.

Inspector - here's kinda what the onslope piece COULD look like...i have models for the ramp to glr also.

thanks metarvo - i would agree more is definitely better for el...lol
dave - thanks also. I know it's impossible to perfectly reproduce stuff but like you i think the details make the whole a better and more believable scenerio. Glad it actually triggers memories....nice bumpers by the way. :P

Bud

LE0

Leoland coming Spring 2009

buddybud

Quote from: LE0 on February 24, 2009, 01:20:20 PM
They change for wealth?!! :o

lol...thats what the sidewalk mod was all about. It's a couple pages back and does not include those nam pieces yet.....but ya they use a t21 to trigger different wealth sidewalks. Great stuff!

LE0

I just didnt know that it was possible for puzzle pieces. what do all the wealths look like?
Leoland coming Spring 2009

CaptCity

Buddybud... I've been drooling over your new El-Rail textures ever since you first posted about them way back when. I must admit that, with those on-slope pieces, I have now been reduced to a large puddle of... well, we won't go there  ;)

Can't wait to try it out more of your fantastic work.

choco

buddybud

Old wood Texture

New wood Texture

Any opinions....i'm kinda struggling with these diagonal and curve tracks but i think this is better. {ignore missing railing..lol}

Bud

wes.janson

I like it!

It looks far better on the curves than the previous.

Keep up the good work!

deathtopumpkins

Hmm... I'm not exactly sure, but I think I like the new one better. Though it looks fantastic with either! :thumbsup:
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

j-dub

buddybud

a little s curve action...without railing on the new diagonal s piece. I'm going to go over the railings again. Their alignment is rather sloppy compared to the rest and take mere seconds to render.

Thanks jdub.
to the others. I llke the newer set of textures also and will stick with those for now....though i think the rail itself should be darkened and dirtied a bit.

Bud

Edit .... Last of the curves...next the el-el intersections...after that the integration of the sidewalks.

edit ....a little progress chart...x are done and boxes are next.

progress should pick up from here.

BB

buddybud

Sorry for bumping my own thread, but i want some opinions.

I've only created a few textures to date, and still not happy...so before i proceed i decided to tackle that. One thing i decided to do is to apply the rail as a seperate group and texture on the 3ds model ...thus just make a good base first. Also note that the default textures Idd are being use so with the removal of my texture dat you get the default texture, minus the walls though. Anyways this is the best i think so far. I've decided not to worry to much about zoom levels because it's just to much..anyways i think i will go with this more than any of the others. I made sure this time all the seams line up....i've only done the diagonal so far...there's really only the four main textures to do to get all the rest with cut and paste so i figured i'd do it right.

Opinions please.

wes.janson

I approve. The colour variance of the wooden slats and the wider slats themselves make a ton of difference.  &apls

deathtopumpkins

And I as well. Any doubts I had about the textures you used are completely gone.
Though why would you want to use the Maxis textures anyway?  :D I sure wouldn't.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

metarvo

Nice job, Bud.  It looks like your making some good progress on that diagonal base, and it does seem like the base is more even than before.

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

choco

Quote from: wes.janson on February 27, 2009, 07:08:33 PM
I approve. The colour variance of the wooden slats and the wider slats themselves make a ton of difference.  &apls

+1

having the handrail separate will be a nice touch when editing the .s3d for a bridge as well.... :thumbsup:

BigSlark

Buddy,

Amazing work, mate!  &apls

I really like the newer slats myself, provided it isn't too hard to modify what you've already made.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Cheers,
Kevin

buddybud

Thanks guys...thats encouraging....
little more to show....i'm not pleased with the wood on the curve. And i accidentally closed my master psd after flattening the image last night before i went to bed so the tracks are on the texture again...lol..but the track is much improved and looks more natural i think. Inset is what it looks at the next zoom lvl 03. It's actually not as bad as the others but i can't seem to make zoom 3 look good without destroying zoom 04. Anyways im gonna work on the curve....

Big Slark....Na it's not to hard in that with these four textures i can then bang out all the rest....if i don't do it now it will mean more work redo'ing them all later.

Edit - finished procuct ! My mind is fried from pixel tweaking.....arg!....

Edit 2 - couldn't resist trying to add some weathering...