• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Buddybuds Expansive Attempts at Anything & Everything.

Started by buddybud, November 12, 2007, 03:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carkid1998

nice new textures Bud!!!!!!!! can't wait for the e-rail to be released ;D ;D :thumbsup: $%Grinno$% :P &apls
Sendona... Coming soon!

j-dub

Buddybud, don't know if this has been asked before, but is this compatible with the El-Rail face-lift mod? Its just since that mod adds a bunch of zone dependent props like semi trailers, dumpsters, and shacks under the rail for industrial zones with a asphalt texture, then a cement texture for commercial zones, and a grass texture for residential zones; I noticed you have a different base texture with your mod as well if this will be able to allow that.

buddybud

j-dub....no because they both modify the same t21's. Unlike other mods my models for the el are made with both prop and 3ds files, the prop portion placed by t21. I could combine the two mods but the intention is to make mine unique. I don't mind the competition! The intention has always been to add my own junk underneath!
Bud

simsamerica

Rednecks aren't country Music Stars, they're Rocket Scientists.

buddybud

well i can't seem to find something i like....studying color photos of the old el it's obvious my textures are to bright for the wood. So following the advice of a couple people i darkened it considerably....much more realistic....still unsure though.

deathtopumpkins

I'm not sure about the darker texture... looks, I don't know, over-saturated?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

nerdly_dood

I agree - I'd recommend reduced color saturation, and perhaps shinier rails? Still I like this new one a bit better than the brighter ones.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

buddybud

how about this?....bit to much red me thinks and does need brighter tracks....hmmm...getting warmer.... :-\

here's a color example of what i'm trying to do for reference....

edit...well i think this is finally what i've settled on...i gotta just redo the railings now for the other pieces and i will put it all together.

LE0

Leoland coming Spring 2009

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Looks good -my suggestion is to add the railing on the sides.
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

carkid1998

nice I like how some planks are different colours! $%Grinno$%
Sendona... Coming soon!

WC_EEND

RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

metasmurf

I agree. The latest textures look good, so I think you're doing a wise choice settling for those.  :thumbsup:

just_a_guy

This looks really cool. I also agree, those textures are much better. Just a question though. Besides these, will you in the future be doing a more modern version (like with  concrete or iron beams)? Since not all cities will look good with the older looking models.
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

buddybud

Quote from: just_a_guy on March 05, 2009, 02:24:58 PM
Just a question though. Besides these, will you in the future be doing a more modern version (like with  concrete or iron beams)? Since not all cities will look good with the older looking models.

hi just a guy

well right now i can't promise anything but to try to complete this as is. The only thing i can say for sure is that other styles could be included using different modding techniques by other people, team members or even possibly me. Ultimately the best approach would be something similar to the sam or new single rail. But for now i can only focus on 1 since it is such a large and complex undertaking!  I do understand how it is some what limiting but it's what appeals to me and what i visualize an el to be. After all these monstrosities ruled for almost a century!

dragonshardz

ooooh drool. make this into a draggable texture override and I am sold!

sithlrd98

looking good Buddy...like the darker brown texture!

Jayson

buddybud

Alfred.Jones

That looks excellent Buddybud! The texture looks fantastic

Sim City 4 Devotion

metarvo

Nice work, Bud.  The rail switches look really good.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.