• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Buddybuds Expansive Attempts at Anything & Everything.

Started by buddybud, November 12, 2007, 03:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CabraBuitre

Quote from: tag_one on April 03, 2009, 08:31:18 AM
5 minutes ago, Dubai is building one...

Anyway I really love your work Buddy and I appreciate all the time and effort you put into it! I would really be upset if you would scrap it now and changed the design. I hardly can't wait till it comes out  :thumbsup:

Hey, no fair, you're not Allan!

Check out Abelfarei!

Gwail

Quote from: buddybud on April 03, 2009, 07:03:57 AM
Three, if you've read the threads and followed this do you really think that at this point i would just scrap it all, after like 2 years :P
Don't even think about it  :thumbsup:. For modern looking everyone can always take HSRP.

Bud, are you going to make reskin of Rail-over-Road tiles, too? I'm not sure, if it would be "automatic" change and there is any screen with these.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

allan_kuan1992

Do I have to point out examples? Vancouver has plenty...  :D

But the modern style is just my particular opinion. Of course there can be many more... and I have to say, the work you put into this is just mind-blowing.

I had no intention of you scrapping everything... but I dunno... maybe something different worked on at the same time? or just a little request to someone who can make one? (I might try myself... but we'll see...)

- Allan Kuan

buddybud

allan_kuan1992 i don't deny there are modern examples but thats not what i'm making. I have no intension of doing so at this point. Sorry you're right, they do exist, but there is a much more extensive history of el rails of this old nature and thats what interests me! There's nothing stopping you from making your own or contributing a modern version to this project. You are more than welcome if you are capable .

Bud.

choco

is there any liklihood that this could be implemented like the HSRP?  ....meaning, so it can co-exist with the maxis El-Rail.....

buddybud

yes from what i understand. or much the same as the sam.

mightygoose

Quote from: choco on April 06, 2009, 07:59:48 AM
is there any liklihood that this could be implemented like the HSRP?  ....meaning, so it can co-exist with the maxis El-Rail.....

we had that discussion about a week ago, lol as far as i can see the SAM tech could be implementable on rail, el rail, monorail, etc

thus it is entirely possible to have this as an addition...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Diggis

Quote from: mightygoose on April 06, 2009, 05:12:10 PM
we had that discussion about a week ago, lol as far as i can see the SAM tech could be implementable on rail, el rail, monorail, etc

thus it is entirely possible to have this as an addition...

Just gotta say I love how this has become SAM tech.. when really it was GLR tech from the start.  :D

Edit:  In fact, the overrides for this already exist in the GLR, although the Paths would have to be redone as the GLR ones are at ground level, but half the work appears to be already done, or am I missing something?

mightygoose

diggis, i think your pretty much spot on. although i think it would be easier to take the original elevated rail paths and just RUL the models, rather than modifying existing overides and then editing the paths as well.

Diggis

Except from what I understand modifying the RUL's would be a copy and paste job and easier to do that rewriting them.  You could then copy the ELrail paths and reIID them.

Jonathan

Quote from: Diggis on April 08, 2009, 05:32:00 AM
Except from what I understand modifying the RUL's would be a copy and paste job and easier to do that rewriting them.  You could then copy the ELrail paths and reIID them.

Yes that is the case, but the GLR RULs are the least documented of all the override networks, and it isn't clear what bit does what, so it won't take as quick as it could.
But if you make a list of the IIDs of GLR pieces against a list of all the IIDs for the new override, you can use find and replace, for each one and it most of the RULs will work, then you need to test it and find the few that don't work, because of the find and replace.

Jonathan

mightygoose

any particular reason why the GLR ias so badly documented??? this is a thoroughly interesting discussion :)

Jonathan

It's not badly documented, just not as easy to follow as say SAM, probably because it was he first override network.
Also there's no list of what each IID is, so you'd have to go find them. And sadly memo hasn't posted since May 08

Jonathan

buddybud

;D thanx for the interest. All i can say is that an override be it through dragging or plopping is much preferred and will make this mod much more widely usable then otherwise it would be!

I have to do exciting things like laundry today along with a dinner invite latter. Bighead has already contacted me. Anyone else is welcome to pm or msn me with more details about how to do this. Obviously a simple test\override with just simple str pieces would be the place to start.  I'll be in and out the next 8 hrs or so...but please continue this discussion here or contact me.

Also a private thread can be set up if need be to develop the more technical side.

Just let me know
Bud.

Gwail

Right, back to the business ;).

Quote from: Gwail on April 05, 2009, 01:07:00 PM
Bud, are you going to make reskin of Rail-over-Road tiles, too? I'm not sure, if it would be "automatic" change and there is any screen with these.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

buddybud

gwail....

theres no recent pictures but there are some on the first couple of pages. For now i just want to get the "rush hour" tiles completed. Then i will move to the nam tiles. But yes i do intend to do these.

Cheers Bud

old pic but same deal....

mightygoose

well i would love to keep my ear to the door for this RULin lark so i can eventually make my monorail skin compatible with the HSRP and existing maxis...

choco

i may have to start learning this stuff......

reading the RUL code is one thing.....the translation to the game engine is what still eludes me.... ???

buddybud

well I've of done no ruling as of yet....but with my little venture into the whole HD thingy, i thought i'd address an earlier inquiry. That of switches. So i borrowed a switch from swamper. And made a texture. It needs more props at the least....and may be too busy visually. i'm not sure at this point. hmm. I definately like the railing in HD and am currently replacing all of it. It will give me something to test. Couple little pixel problems here and there in the pic below. :P

Bud

SimNation

Bud! Nice work on the elevated rail interchange area! I love how that wood looks when the 2 different tracks meet. Also noticed you have a interesting looking switch signal with it as well, seems a lil blurry compared to the other stuff though.