• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Functional Custom Airport, Support File and CTD's

Started by RippleJet, January 15, 2008, 12:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Quote from: videosean on March 29, 2008, 01:47:47 AM
I think you misunderstood me a little - I just want to make a construction lot for an MML first... that's where/why I was having a problem with 'save as' with an 'airport lot' in the editor.  I ended up using the standard maxis park tennis court lot for the base of this lot though.

In order to have park lots appear in the airport menu, all you need to do afterwards in Reader, is to add the occupant group for airport (0x1508).

Quote from: videosean on March 29, 2008, 01:47:47 AM
However... somehow I accidentally made an airport lot with capacity of 0 out of my MML construction lot:

Which is strange because the MML construction lot I was using as a reference for exemplar values in the reader doesn't have capacity like this at all... and Ace's building prop piece that I put on the lot doesn't either in it's original lot... somehow I messed up and will figure out my mistake but it surprised me :)

Your full-size images don't show up, so I can't see much of that query.
However, if your lot is showing the in-game airport query, then that's the culprit.

The in-game airport query (Query Exemplar GUID 0x6A561B3A) can only be used for functional airports, since the property values it is displaying are fetched from the developer file.

allan_kuan1992

Quote from: RippleJet on January 15, 2008, 12:01:41 PM
We are now aiming at releasing packages 1, 2 and 12 first.
Remodding, relotting and testing will take some time though, so don't expect them before Easter! $%Grinno$%

Ehh... it's past Easter now I think... :D

Any updates as to the status of this?

- Allan Kuan

RippleJet

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on May 15, 2008, 03:03:20 AM
Ehh... it's past Easter now I think... :D

Any updates as to the status of this?

Easter was early this year... wasn't it? $%Grinno$%
Quite a lot has been done, both before and after Easter though! :)

We've managed to overcome the need for separate packages and separate support files.
Instead there will be only one, upgradeable package, with a single, integrated support file. ;D

Thanks to this it will be possible to add new custom functional airports more often than otherwise.
And, we have even been able to remove already built functional airports from the menu, without causing CTD's... ()stsfd()

So far beta versions 0.1 and 0.2 have been tested without a single CTD report.
Thus, I've mentally prepared myself to open a support thread this very weekend... ::)

Stay tuned for more technical background and for a showcase... :thumbsup:

FrankU

Looks great!

I can wait.... still working on my XL port region.... It will need an airport though, some day....

RippleJet

Quote from: FrankU on May 21, 2008, 03:52:52 AM
I can wait....

You won't have to wait for too long now though... ::)

Check this thread for more information about AC Functional Airports, Version 1.0:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4662.0

srrvxd

Hey i recently downloaded the fuctional airports and cant find the dependence that has the building that goes in the center of the fork terminal, i could just replace the building but kinda wanna know what dependence it is.

RippleJet

All "buildings" in the included SWAP airports that were made by Joerg and Thalassicus consist of props that Maxis made.
Those props are all contained in "bldgprop_vol1.dat", a file that can be downloaded here.

Your question also made me realize that I've forgot to add that dependency in the Cleanitol file... &ops
It is mentioned in the readme though!

Thanks srrvxd for asking! :)

trannamha

I can't see the link to download the AC functional airports in this [http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1664], but I just see this link: [Corrected the link to the following dependency:
Plugin_landmarks_and_ other_missing_Props.dat]

Could you help me?

RippleJet

You have to register at LEX first, before you can download. :)
Note that the LEX is not the same as SC4Devotion.

Different entities with different owners, and thus also different logins,
which of course doesn't mean you couldn't use the same username and password on both. ;)

JeffCoyote

hi ,

I have a bug crash to desktop , called a "CTD" since i have download recently 3 days ago SWAP SimWings Airport Pack v22 (v2.3) on Simtropolis STEX , which is still online and downloadable ( is it normal ? )

I know now ( but i 'm a beginner, 3 month ago only ) that I would have had to download AC Functional Airports before having problems (and crying here ... ) , but I have read all this after searching and searching for my problems with CTD on my region , that is done now but TCDs are still here ( not cool ! )

here is my problem :

I always have a CTD when I open a city already created and saved in my region ( the only region where i have cities ) , i just can open a city where i ' ve never been before and never saved it , it 's easy to see , the water texture modd of the sea hasn't changed yet on the region map ( see picture joined )

In my plugins , I have deleted all SWAP files , and the CTDs continue ,

I have downloaded AC Functional Airports v2.1 , and the CTDs continue ,
and tried to delete them Including LEX_Downloads files with enablers & blockers ( actually : moved folders on the desktop ) and  .......... the CTDs continue ,

I have deleted All PEG seaports , CSK2 Functional Small Port and PEG-CDK3 Container Seaport ( actually : moved folders on the desktop ) and  .......... the CTDs continue ,

I don't have any other airports or seaports in my plugins , I verified each folder and I ' m sure of that

please , what solution can I find?
( be clear in your explainations , please , I 'm french and sorry for errors i may write with my english , thanks )

Click to enlarge

RippleJet

Quote from: JeffCoyote on September 24, 2010, 04:38:01 PM
I always have a CTD when I open a city already created and saved in my region ( the only region where i have cities ) , i just can open a city where i ' ve never been before and never saved it , it 's easy to see , the water texture modd of the sea hasn't changed yet on the region map ( see picture joined )

Have you plopped airports in all those cities which you now cannot open?
If not, then there might be another reason for your CTD's (e.g. terrain controller related).

In my plugins , I have deleted all SWAP files , and the CTDs continue ,

Before removing any airport controllers, you must always bulldoze the airports in all cities first.
If you properly upgraded from SWAP to AC Functional Airports, that would not have been the case though.

When upgrading SWAP to AC Functional Airports,
did you also run the Cleanitol with the file Cleanitol_ACAirports_2.1---2.RemoveConflicts.txt?
The most important thing that file does is to remove the old airport controller z_SW77-AirportSupport.dat,
which certainly would lead to CTD's if left in your plugins and loaded after AC Functional Airports.

Removing the SWAP files (or any other port controller) would however not lead to CTD in a city where you haven't built any ports before.

I don't have any other airports or seaports in my plugins , I verified each folder and I ' m sure of that

Do you have any airport eye-candy lots?
Those would be lots that in the game appear in the airport menu, but which do not function as airports.

JeffCoyote

Many thanks for your answers to try to help me .

I' m trying your solutions and will give you news after ....

i just can tell you for the moment :
( my answers after your quotes )

Quote from: RippleJet on September 26, 2010, 02:41:36 PM
Have you plopped airports in all those cities which you now cannot open?
If not, then there might be another reason for your CTD's (e.g. terrain controller related).

I can' t open any cities in my region where I have already been before , all the cities which have been saved before the beginning of my CTDs crash when i try to open them , even if they are blank areas ( some have been only terraforming or just test area )

I just can open cities where I haven't save , check the  joined picture on previous post , the water color is the Maxis original one

Before removing any airport controllers, you must always bulldoze the airports in all cities first.
If you properly upgraded from SWAP to AC Functional Airports, that would not have been the case though.

I can ' t bulldoze if I can't open the city ...

When upgrading SWAP to AC Functional Airports,
did you also run the Cleanitol with the file Cleanitol_ACAirports_2.1---2.RemoveConflicts.txt?
The most important thing that file does is to remove the old airport controller z_SW77-AirportSupport.dat,
which certainly would lead to CTD's if left in your plugins and loaded after AC Functional Airports.

Done , and no conflict appears

Removing the SWAP files (or any other port controller) would however not lead to CTD in a city where you haven't built any ports before.

Do you have any airport eye-candy lots?
Those would be lots that in the game appear in the airport menu, but which do not function as airports.

Not plopped in the game , and now only AC airports v2.1 are in my plugins , no more other  airports options .

I had only plopped on a test area the SWAP v2.3 differents lots ( downloaded here & still online !) and saved this city , then after have closed the game and came back , the CTDs have began . I have destroyed the city ( from the region map option - city to bin ) and then i can re-open it , since it become a city where I have never been before

RippleJet

If you get a CTD when trying to access any city that you haven't built any airport in yet,
and that you've been able to access previously, whether before or after you installed SWAP,
then I'm pretty sure your CTD is not due to conflicting or missing airport controllers.

Have you used any terrain mods or tree mods in your cities?
Have you ever had Glenni's Steinsaas Taarnet in your plugins folder?

JeffCoyote

trying to find which file can be the cause of my CTDs , i have removed folder by folder ( from my plugins to desktop ) and re-start SC4 and try to open a city ,
I have also tried to remove all the contents of my plugins folder but CTDs continue  ...

but one folder is very strange :

i removed ZZZZ_PEG SEAPORTS here ( included the ZZZ-Master Seaport Controller Mod ), and re-open the game and the icon in transport > sea is the basic maxis icon for the seaport , but I click and the PEG-CDK3 Container Seaport  is plopped !!!!  

removed from my plugins but still in game  !! ??

how is it possible ?

is there a possibility to " re-initialize " the game or my region ? is there any " temporary files " ( as web browser ) which keep memory of my folders or some files at least ?

it maybe can explain why I deleted SWAP but CTDs can continue ...
I'm not a programmer , maybe it is a stupid question , but i'm searching and searching how to stop my CTDs

JeffCoyote

Quote from: RippleJet on September 27, 2010, 10:16:46 AM
If you get a CTD when trying to access any city that you haven't built any airport in yet,
and that you've been able to access previously, whether before or after you installed SWAP,
then I'm pretty sure your CTD is not due to conflicting or missing airport controllers.

Have you used any terrain mods or tree mods in your cities?
Have you ever had Glenni's Steinsaas Taarnet in your plugins folder?

but CTDs have began just after plop SWAP and save this city , this city is now deleted from the region map option ( bin icon ) , this is the only city I can open , except the cities where I have never been before and never saved

i have this texture terrain mod : PEG_ROCKMOD2-MossyGranite_205.dat and only one in my plugins as said in the read-me file , but nothing else , and this texture water mod : PEG_WATERMOD_Brigantine_205.dat and only one as for terrain

RippleJet

Quote from: JeffCoyote on September 27, 2010, 10:21:56 AM
but one folder is very strange :

i removed ZZZZ_PEG SEAPORTS here ( included the ZZZ-Master Seaport Controller Mod ), and re-open the game and the icon in transport > sea is the basic maxis icon for the seaport , but I click and the PEG-CDK3 Container Seaport  is plopped !!!!  

You may very well have found your problems.
SWAP includes a seaport controller, which supports one additional seaport, the Package Loading Center.
This is in fact a functional seaport, even if it appears in the airport menu.

This seaport controller included in SWAP is NOT compatible with any of Peg's seaports.
Thus, if you've plopped any of Peg's seaport related lots in your cities before installing SWAP, you might experience CTD's.

At this stage, if there would be any chance of saving your cities, it would require that you first uninstall SWAP,
then reinstall all Peg's seaports (with whatever latest seaport controller he's made).
After this you would hopefully be able to access your cities (although I cannot guarantee it)...

Quote from: JeffCoyote on September 27, 2010, 10:21:56 AM
removed from my plugins but still in game  !! ??

how is it possible ?

Peg's container seaport replaces the ingame default seaport.
I believe it is installed somewhere under PEGPROD, and I also think it includes its own incompatible seaport controller...

FYI, the BSC Functional Seaports are backwards compatible with SWAP's Package Loading Center.
If you still want to use Peg's seaports, you might be interested in reading this as well. ;)

JeffCoyote

should i understand that i need to download BSC Functional Seaports , and install it ,
then after I install "P.E.G_Enablers_for_BSC_Functional_Seaports_3.0.zip" files that you purpose on     
"Compatible Seaport Controllers" post  ?

with all this , my CTDs should be an old story  ?

[ many thanks for your time , and all the help you give me , and others too here on SC4D. forums ]

RippleJet

Quote from: JeffCoyote on September 27, 2010, 01:31:47 PM
should i understand that i need to download BSC Functional Seaports , and install it ,
then after I install "P.E.G_Enablers_for_BSC_Functional_Seaports_3.0.zip" files that you purpose on     
"Compatible Seaport Controllers" post  ?

with all this , my CTDs should be an old story  ?

You would of course first have to fix your current cities.
In other words, uninstall SWAP and reinstall Peg's seaports.

If you at that point can re-access your cities, then you may bulldoze all Peg's seaports.
After that you may install BSC Functional Seaports and the enablers you quoted.

That would give you a chance of selecting which seaports you want to play with, without having to exclude any of them. ;)
And yes, with that all port related CTD's would be history, as long as you keep the X-Ports folder in your plugins folder.

JeffCoyote

Quote from: RippleJet on September 27, 2010, 02:23:09 PM
You would of course first have to fix your current cities.
In other words, uninstall SWAP and reinstall Peg's seaports.

If you at that point can re-access your cities, then you may bulldoze all Peg's seaports.
After that you may install BSC Functional Seaports and the enablers you quoted.

When SWAP deleted , Peg Seaports reinstalled , and  ... I can't access my cities !

When Peg Seaports deleted , BSC Functional Seaports v3 installed with v3_Peg Enablers... I can't access my cities !

the only city I can open is the one I have deleted from region map or new cities to create and i can plop Peg or BSC seaports , but all others cities ever saved lead me to a CTD ,

Is there a last solution ? or I have to delete my cities 

please , help ( crying ! )