• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

blade2k5's Real World+Fantasy Maps

Started by blade2k5, April 02, 2008, 02:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which China Maps Would You Like To See Released

Fuzhou
Ningdai
Shantou
Zhao'an North

bat

Welcome to page 3!

Wonderful work on your maps there, blade2k5! And the newest is looking fantastic! :thumbsup:

Tarkus

Quote from: blade2k5 on April 11, 2008, 09:11:50 AM
There wouldn't, perhaps, be any interest by anyone for this 8x8 map of the Portland Ore/Vancouver Wa area would there :thumbsup:

There would be interest.   :)  This is absolutely incredible work you've done here, and the fact that you've done so many Oregon maps is the icing on the cake. :thumbsup:  The Portland map looks amazing, as does Mt. Jefferson, and the non-Oregon maps as well.

I do have one *small* request--if it's not too much trouble, may I have the large Bend map?  That's my absolute favorite part of the state. :)  If it's too much trouble, don't worry.

Keep up the fantastic work, Troy!

-Alex

skyliner

I like the SD map, as I will be moving there in 2 years after transferring, I was wondering if you can expand the north part to reach La Jolla, where UCSD is and perhaps down south to the Mexican Border? And also trimming down the right side, about half of it. Sorry if this is much

blade2k5

Quote from: Pat on April 11, 2008, 04:43:53 PM
:thumbsup: looking uber sweet here Troy, you are doing some great work buddie!!!!!!!

Thanks Pat :thumbsup:

Quote from: XiahouDun on April 11, 2008, 05:33:20 PM
If I may suggest an area, I'd say take a look around South Bend, Indiana (right by where I live). The area has a nice windy river and subtle hills along with flatlands that should lend itself well to SC4 gameplay :thumbsup:

Love your maps by the way, these look fantastic, and I've been using your Falcor map for months now &apls

South Bend is on the list :thumbsup:  Falcor ()what()  Really?  My my that is one of my first 5 or 6 maps I uploaded to the STEX nearly 3 years ago......has it been that long already?.....and was made by piecing together 257x257 sc3 maps together.  This was before I started tinkering with Paint.  You must show me pics of your developed Falcor [you can post them here ;) ].

Quote from: caspervg on April 11, 2008, 10:26:04 PM
Whew, the Portland/Vancouver map looks splendid! A map of Belgium has never been done before, perhaps if you could tackle that one?  ::)

Thanks Casper.  Belgium eh?  Hmmmmm........gotta think about that for a while......ok, sure, I'll do it for you :D It's on the list of "to-do's" right underneath Gary Indiana. :thumbsup:

Quote from: jmyers2043 on April 12, 2008, 04:37:51 AM
Some nice looking maps! Have you used any of them for game play yet? Do those white boundaries designate large cities or medium?

Thank you.  No, not yet, but will soon.  The white boundaries are indeed large city tiles. :)

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on April 12, 2008, 05:50:18 AM

Portland-Vancouver looks great. Only problem: it ain't exactly friendly for building bridges across rivers.

::)  Ok, I can do another version with a narrower river for all the bridge builders out there, but it may cover a larger area ;)

Quote from: bat on April 12, 2008, 09:05:47 AM
Welcome to page 3!

Wonderful work on your maps there, blade2k5! And the newest is looking fantastic! :thumbsup:

Thanks bat :thumbsup:  Wait 'til you see what I have coming down the assembly line in the very near future. $%#Ninj2

Quote from: Tarkus on April 12, 2008, 03:33:47 PM
There would be interest.   :)  This is absolutely incredible work you've done here, and the fact that you've done so many Oregon maps is the icing on the cake. :thumbsup:  The Portland map looks amazing, as does Mt. Jefferson, and the non-Oregon maps as well.

I do have one *small* request--if it's not too much trouble, may I have the large Bend map?  That's my absolute favorite part of the state. :)  If it's too much trouble, don't worry.

Keep up the fantastic work, Troy!

-Alex

;D Oh, so you're liking the Oregon maps are you? ;D There is a reason why there have been a slew of Oregon based maps.  I used to live in Bend from Aug '83 through Feb '84 when I lived with my Aunt/Uncle and three cousins.  The backyard of the house [about a mile east outside out town], faced the west and we had full view of Three finger Jack, Mt. Bachelor, North, Center, South peaks of the Three Sisters [If memory serves me correctly] and of course Mt. Jefferson.  What a view that was to see everyday.....anyways, you'll be seeing a lot more of Oregon and California based maps in the near future.

Oh, and yes, I'll finish the Bend region and get it packaged up for upload within the next week or two :thumbsup:

Quote from: skyliner on April 12, 2008, 06:42:13 PM
I like the SD map, as I will be moving there in 2 years after transferring, I was wondering if you can expand the north part to reach La Jolla, where UCSD is and perhaps down south to the Mexican Border? And also trimming down the right side, about half of it. Sorry if this is much

You're in luck as there is another version of the San Diego area that is on the drawing board for a future upload.  At the rate i'm popping these maps out, it probably won't be all that long of a wait. :thumbsup:

Ok, just in case it hasn't gotten out yet, but the Mt. Hood, Salt Lake City and San Diego map have been uploaded to the STEX, the latter two will be uploaded to the LEX later on on today [Sunday].  Also, the Adelaide Australia map that was requested of me will also be uploaded by Monday both here on the LEX.  Pics of new RWM [Real World Maps :P], projects will be posted withing the next few days. :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

blade2k5

Salt Lake City and San Diego are available for your downloading pleasure at a LEX near you :thumbsup:

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

XiahouDun

Still working on this incarnation of the region, so most the cities are still blank, but here is the two prime developed areas:

Built on the mouth of the river.

On the lake in the mountains.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Pat

Nice very nice there XD!!! Great Job again on those maps Troy!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

Nice pics XiahouDun.  Thanks for sharing those.  The smoothing you had to do along the shorelines and river banks looks fantastic :thumbsup:

Thanks Pat  :thumbsup:

Ok, as mentioned in an earlier post, I said something about a 'to-do' list.  Dawned on me that you might like to see what names are on that 'to-do' list :P 

RWM's To-Do List

1. Bend Oregon [in rendering process]
2. Portland Oregon V1 [in rendering process]
3. Gary Indiana [in rendering process, no overview pics posted yet]
4. Mt. Jefferson [ready for upload, no overview pics posted yet]
5. San Diego V2 [DEM data dl'd, needs to be converted to 16bit greyscale]
7. Mt. Whitney [in the rendering process, no overview pics posted yet]
8. Brussels Belgium [currently trying to dl data]
9. Greece [DEM data dl'd, needs to be converted to 16bit greyscale]
10. Göteborg Denmark [currently trying to dl data]

That's about it for now, though I have the Nile Delta, the Amazon and a few other nifty places I'd like to map for SC4.  New pics of some of the projects listed above coming soon .

bat

Yes, very nice work there, XiahouDun!

And looking forward to the maps on the To-Do List, blade2k5!

blade2k5

Thanks bat :thumbsup:   I was going to upload some pics of the abovementioned projects on the 'to-do' list, but Imgaeshack is being a pain in the you know what again...page won't even load up.  I guess I'll have to try later on to post those pics :P

vester

Göteborg is not a city in Denmark, but in Sweden.

Looking forward for that map ;)

blade2k5

I mis-quoted :P  and I have the data dl'd finally and converted to 16bit greyscale, just have to the SC4TF process then open/close tiles o get that rendered look ;)  Possibly have them done by Fri or Sat.  I'm back-logged on some other maps that need to be rendered yet and will be working on those for the most part for the next 36-48 hours and getting those ready for upload.  I'll keep you posted on the progress.

bakerton

Hey Blade2K5, I was wondering and I say this for any Wisconsinite out there, is it possible to to a map featuring Wisconsin USA or bits and parts of it. I would love for a Wisconsin map. Anyway, great work on those RWMs. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

blade2k5

What part of Wisconsin would you like?  The Tomahawk/Rhinelander area didn't turn out that well, but I've yet to try Milwaukee, Madison or any other area.  I may be able to squeeze it in before I have to get going on this other non-mapping project I've been planning out with another SC4Devotee since late last year.

Pat

I would love to see the Beloit / Rockford area  ;)   hmm i wonder who that other devotee would be lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bakerton

Southeastern part. Kenosha/ Racine area or Dubuque, IA- East Dubuque, IL- Grant County, WI area would be cool; primarly Kenosha/Racine area would be great. But of course, Pat has a great idea for saying Beloit/Rockford area too. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

blade2k5

Ok, here are the latest batch of images :thumbsup:  First up are the completed maps....

As requested, Gary Indiana

Two of these next three may end up being packaged as a 2-Pak as they are small to medium sized regions.  This first one is the area around Mt. Jefferson Oregon, near the city of Bend.

Mt. Whitney California

Morro Bay Ca.

Now here are two maps in progress, one planned-then-requested and one that I wanted to do ;)  First up is the SC4TF overview pic of San Diego V2

And here is Crater Lake Oregon

Crater Lake needs only the rendering process then it's finished, but for now, I'm going to focus on the requested maps that are still in production and get them completed.  Those maps listed in red in the re-vised to-do list below are those being focused on, those in blue are put on hold.

RWM's To-Do List Revised

1. San Diego V2 This 2nd version covers more area north-to-south, but less west-to-east.  All that's needed to complete this map is the rendering process.

2. Brussels Belgium Recieved the correct co-ordinates for this fine city and will get it converted by later tonight or during the day on Tuesday.

3. Göteborg Denmark I think all I have to do to finish the converting process is to open it up with CS2 and get the 16-bit png.  Then work on it in SC4TF and finally open/close tiles for the regional pics.

4. Bend Oregon Tarkus, the original map was just way too large, so what I'm going to do is re-do a convert slicing off the eastern half and moving it a tad west to encompass Mt. Bachelor and the other peaks.

5. Portland Oregon V1 There's been 3 versions of this map and all of them too big [more than 9x9 lrg tiles squared], but I'm getting there :thumbsup:

6. Greece   Still trying to decide to which part of Greece I want to do first...it has such interesting land features and shape.

The maps are finished and will soon be packaged for upload.

1. Gary Indiana
2. Mt. Jefferson Oregon
3. Mt. Whitney Ca.
4. Morro Bay Ca.

That about wraps up this update, thanks for stopping in ;D

XiahouDun

So thats what Gary looks like? I'm usually staying away from windows on the train to Chicago thinking to myself "must go faster" :D
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

CasperVg

Looks great, the Mt. Jefferson map looks the greatest imo, altho Gary Indiana would more fit my playing style  ::)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

skyliner

I like that new San Diego, shrinks the map and offeres more coastal and less rough terrain areas. Great job! :thumbsup:
Wow Mt. Whitney, CA's highest point, who would be crazy enough to build there!?! $%Grinno$%