• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC Functional, Upgradeable Airports, Support Thread

Started by RippleJet, May 17, 2008, 10:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Quote from: numbah5 on April 10, 2011, 08:33:34 AM
Will this work on a Mac?

If the installation works through Filejuicer, then yes. ;)

Also, check this thread. :)

ivo_su

Can I ask you whether you have started to work on AC airport functional stage 10? I know it will seem strange, however, already have 3 cities have surpassed the capacity of stage 9. I build mainly CO$$$  buildings which directly influence the capacity of the airport and that 1.5 million is insufficient. The only solution for now is to adjust the capacity of SC4 tool but will be great if there is a tremendous functional airport of 10 and why not the 11th stage.

- Ivo

Voltaire

The widebody aircraft requests I'm completing right now will be useful as props. However actual lot-making has not started. That has to wait until the new RMIP releases are complete.

Adding gates to the commercial terminal is an issue, because it's maxed out already. The main lot size is a hard limit that cannot be changed... but I've got some ideas on a solution including the previously-discussed twin runways. For now, I'll just say that while making the ALSF-2, I've learned how useful overhanging props can be  ;)

If it's not too much trouble, would you tell us the usage statistics of your (modded) airports, and the CO$$ and CO$$$ jobs in those cities?

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

ivo_su

Voltaire glad chepriemash my problem so personal and heart. Show you some pictures to lunch in my words. Unfortunately  some time ago capacitor  airport  was reached at 1.7 million but the game crash before I had given  seif.
What I have noticed from my personal observation is that only CO-$$$ affects airport capacity, while CO-$$ and all CS irrelevant.

Ivo

natcret

Have started the process to install and use functional airports and my question is related to the SG Bus Stop file.

In the readme for AC Functional 2.1 it shows the SG Bus Stop File as being one of the dependencies.  However, when you install the SG Bus Stop File, it also has a "RemoveListSGBusStops.txt" file for Cleanitol.   So i am a little confused:  Do I need to install the bus stops and disregard the cleanitol file to run the AC Functional Airports, or has the Bus Stop file been superceeded by something else, hence the RemoveListSGBusStops.txt?

Regards.

Korot

The SG Bus Stops are probably several older bus stops packed in one package and thus supersede these older packs. The cleanitol file is there to remove these older files, it won't (or at least, shouldn't) remove the files that are installed by the SG Bus Stops installer.

Regards,
Korot

natcret

Actually, it did.  When I ran the Cleanitol for it, it removed all of the files out of the bus stop directory. Basically, the directory was empty after I ran it.  I did the undo to place the files back.

That is why I am confused about it.  Unless there is another bus stop file somewhere or they are now packaged under a different dependency.

SC4BOY

Most install cleanitols are meant to be run ONLY  BEFORE the install, not after. It is unclear from your statements just how you did this.

natcret

Quote from: SC4BOY on May 30, 2011, 11:15:40 AM
Most install cleanitols are meant to be run ONLY  BEFORE the install, not after. It is unclear from your statements just how you did this.

Well, here is what I did:

1.  I installed the Sg Bustops BSC.  It created the proper directories in my documents folder.

2.  In the folder was the Cleanitol File RemoveListSGBusStops.txt.   I placed that in the cleanitol folder.

3.  In the SG readme, it states the following:

Dependencies: To ensure the proper functionality, make sure the files mentioned below are installed in the plugins folder.
•BSC Essentials
•BSC MEGA Props SG Vol01
•SG Mass Transit Essentials - included

In the folder, the SG Mass Transit File is not there.

4.  I ran the RemoveListSGBusStops.txt  in Cleanitol.  All of the files that are listed in the report, were in the dirictory that I had just installed to.    However, why would the  RemoveListSGBusStops.txt list all of the files, if the only one it was looking for was the SG Mass Transit File?

I will post what is in the RemoveList file below.

natcret

Listing in the RemoveListSGBusStops.txt

These same files were the same names as the ones installed, except for the SG_MassTransitEssentials.dat which was not a part of the install.

SG_1x1_BusStop01_ceee7e2f.SC4Lot
SG_1x1_BusStopLarge_aeef0ebd.SC4Lot
SG_1x2_BusStop01_0eee7f2e.SC4Lot
SG_1x2_BusStopLarge_eeef0fc3.SC4Lot
SG_1x3_BusStop01_aeee7f57.SC4Lot
SG_1x3_BusStopLarge_4eef0fd8.SC4Lot
SG_BusStop01.dat
SG_BusStop02.dat
SG_BusStop03.dat
SG_BusStop04.dat
SG_BusStop05.dat
SG_BusStop06.dat
SG_BusStop07.dat
SG_BusStop08.dat
SG_BusStop09.dat
SG_BusStop10.dat
SG_BusStop11.dat
SG_BusStop12.dat
SG_BusStop13.dat
SG_BusStop14.dat
SG_BusStop15.dat
SG_BusStop16.dat
SG_BusStop17.dat
SG_BusStop18.dat
SG_BusStop19.dat
SG_BusStop20.dat
SG_BusStopLg.dat
SG_BusStopLgBritney.dat
SG_BusStopLgCaptJack.dat
SG_BusStopLgSimpson01.dat
SG_BusStopLgSimpson02.dat
SG_BusStopQuery.dat
SG_MassTransitEssentials.dat

Elydion

I have a question. In the readme it says that the AC airports will automatically upgrade when used at 80% or so. I have a stage 4 airport (capacity +/- 108.000) which is handling 102.000 passengers. There's is enough room at the rear of the airport for the extra runway (though i am not sure whether that's an issue) but the airport won't upgrade. I have NAM,SAM,RHW,CAM (not CAM traffic simulator) and i ran the Cleanitol list. can somebody help?

Korot

Well, for starters it needs to have this capacity for at least one (game) month. Secondly, I remember the minimal upgrade capacity limit as being 90%, though you're well above that as well.
Now, my memory tells me that my airports didn't upgrade until their capacity was reached. Perhaps you should try to get those additional 6000 passengers, until the capacity is fully satisfied and then see what happens?

Regards,
Korot

CahosRahneVeloza

I hope I posted this on the correct forum thread & not get in any trouble with you folk but I just want to know if I can just selectively install dependencies & not the whole Schbang if I'm really just going to select three of the available airports in the AC Functional Airports set for my own in game purposes?

The three airports (well one is actually the Spaceport) are the AC Prefab Airport set, the Spaceport & the Cds Island Air Airport. If what I am asking for is indeed feasible could you please inform me of which specific dependencies I must download to get them in my game? Thanks in advance to anyone who will reply & clarify me on this one :)

Voltaire

Quote from: natcret on May 30, 2011, 12:41:49 PM
Well, here is what I did:

1.  I installed the Sg Bustops BSC.  It created the proper directories in my documents folder.

4.  I ran the RemoveListSGBusStops.txt  in Cleanitol.  All of the files that are listed in the report, were in the dirictory that I had just installed to.    However, why would the  RemoveListSGBusStops.txt list all of the files, if the only one it was looking for was the SG Mass Transit File?

Quote from: SC4BOY on May 30, 2011, 11:15:40 AM
Most install cleanitols are meant to be run ONLY  BEFORE the install

Correct... every Cleanitol list is only run before installation of the package it came with. So, step #4 should be step #1.

The idea of Cleanitol is to safely remove outdated files, before installing new replacements. Here, the Cleanitol file is provided in case someone has an old version of the bus stops, and wants to update. SimGoober re-tuned the transit modding in February 2009.

Quote from: Elydion on June 02, 2011, 03:03:14 AM
I have a question. In the readme it says that the AC airports will automatically upgrade when used at 80% or so. I have a stage 4 airport (capacity +/- 108.000) which is handling 102.000 passengers. There's is enough room at the rear of the airport for the extra runway (though i am not sure whether that's an issue) but the airport won't upgrade. I have NAM,SAM,RHW,CAM (not CAM traffic simulator) and i ran the Cleanitol list. can somebody help?

Usage is important but also check the transport budget window - make sure airport funding is at or above the hash mark on the right. Reduced funding will halt automatic upgrades.

The runways are eyecandy manual-plop reward lots -- they won't delay upgrades. Functional airports are unaffected by traffic mods (aside from workers' commute time), and the CAM shouldn't have any direct effect.

I can say from experience that the functional ports will sometimes sit for a while at slightly over-capacity before upgrading. There are many independent layers of the simulator, and I suspect one layer is slow to tell the others about airport usage.

Quote from: CahosRahneVeloza on June 02, 2011, 12:49:26 PM
I hope I posted this on the correct forum thread & not get in any trouble with you folk but I just want to know if I can just selectively install dependencies

That's possible but ONLY in the case of Prop and Texture dependencies. The set of DAT files installed in the X-Ports folder must be installed intact (except for Enablers). Building a functional airport without these core files risks irreversible damage to the city savegame.

I don't have a breakdown of the dependencies by Lot, but I'll get back to you. The lots need to be extracted from the main DAT, so I can run SC4Tool's dependency finder on them. It's probably faster for you to just install everything  ;)

ivo_su

Voltaire I showed it to what you ask me but never made ​​any comment on what he saw. I really want to know your opinion and get advice on what  to do from now on for me not to dissociate airports. Because they tan after having exceeded their capacity.

Ivo

CahosRahneVeloza

Quote from: Voltaire on June 04, 2011, 11:54:45 AM
That's possible but ONLY in the case of Prop and Texture dependencies. The set of DAT files installed in the X-Ports folder must be installed intact (except for Enablers). Building a functional airport without these core files risks irreversible damage to the city savegame.

I don't have a breakdown of the dependencies by Lot, but I'll get back to you. The lots need to be extracted from the main DAT, so I can run SC4Tool's dependency finder on them. It's probably faster for you to just install everything  ;)

Thank you kind sir :)

I'll definitely wait for your next reply even if it takes all eternity :)

Voltaire

CahosRahneVeloza, these are the prop & texture packs:

AC Functional Airports
   AC MEGA Props Vol02
   AC MEGA Props Vol03
   AC MEGA Props Vol04
   AC MEGA Textures Vol01
   bldgprop_vol1
   BSC MEGA Props DAE Vol01
   BSC MEGA Props JES Vol01
   BSC MEGA Props JES Vol02
   BSC MEGA Props JES Vol03
   BSC MEGA Props JES Vol04
   BSC MEGA Props JES Vol05
   BSC MEGA Props RT Vol02
   BSC MEGA Props SG Vol01
   CSX MEGA Props Vol03
   CSX MEGA Props Vol06

RT CdS Seaplane Base
   AC MEGA Props Vol01
   BSC MEGA Props MJB Vol01
   BSC MEGA Props RT Vol01
   BSC Textures Vol01
   (repeat) BSC MEGA Props SG Vol01
   (repeat) CSX MEGA Props Vol06

MAXIS Spaceport

no prop or texture dependencies (because this lot shipped with the game).

============

Ivo, thank you for posting the photos, it was very useful! I've been investigating the solutions, and I see two possibilities:
   1) easy way - build multiple airports (you can have up to 16 functional ports per city)
   2) hard way - modify the capacity manually. This is done via two settings in different files.

I recommend option #1 because it's far safer. There are many nice-looking functional airports to choose from - you don't have to build another big airfield. The non-airfield lots with the highest passenger capacities are:

SG Heliport - 123800  *good for urban settings
     Spaceport - 97000
     BLS Airport Shuttle - 70200

For option #2, this involves manually changing the functional port developer file, and the building exemplar. I see you've found Catalog Capacity in the building exemplar, but that's only half the solution. The other half is harder, because it can't be done with SC4Tool. Are you comfortable using iLive Reader?

ivo_su

Thank you for your attention Voltaire who turn to me.
I look forward to the soil of stage 10 of the AC Airports functional, although you do not even have started it. However I am sure that someday this will be a reality.
On programs that I can use:
I'm sure this can happen only with SC4 Tool because I have more experience with it. Overall, I likened it with iLive Reader and I noticed that they have similar functions. ILive advantage is that the reader can add proparty. But if it relates to capacity change know how to do it over and Tool.
To return to the topic - as far as I understand one of the main obstacles to the realization of stage  10 is waiting for the release of RMIP - 3.

Ivo

CahosRahneVeloza

@Voltaire: Thank you kind sir!

Very much appreciated, now I'm off to remove the dependencies I won't be needing :)

natcret

Quote from: Voltaire on June 04, 2011, 11:54:45 AM
Correct... every Cleanitol list is only run before installation of the package it came with. So, step #4 should be step #1.

The idea of Cleanitol is to safely remove outdated files, before installing new replacements. Here, the Cleanitol file is provided in case someone has an old version of the bus stops, and wants to update. SimGoober re-tuned the transit modding in February 2009.

Thank you very much!