• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4D DVD

Started by BarbyW, August 04, 2008, 04:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

I just would like to say thanks.

My DVD arrived on Saturday and any plans I had for the day went out the window.
It was straight to the pc (flipping the kettle on as I passed ::)) and lets see what we got  :D

Oh my goodness - full of goodies  ooh look :o Exclusives 

Oh wow - Such beautiful BATs  &apls &apls

Thank you everyone who has had any hand in the production of this disk.
I am so grateful for all the time and effort that was put in, bringing The Petronas Towers to the community.
Ok I cheated and plopped it just to see what it looked like  ::) ;D

Stunning truly stunning.  &apls &apls
I had two cuppas just looking at it as the day night cycle passed.
It really is Stunning truly stunning
Sunset is my favourite time watching it light up  ;D

And the others (I don't want to give the game away  $%Grinno$%) Dreams can come true  :D

Everything I needed installed in seconds(ok minutes for everything  ::) ;D ;D ) and all correct too  :thumbsup:
no conflicts (that's sooo handy  :thumbsup:) A wonderful job by everybody.

So Thank you all very much once again

Derry.

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

fantnet

Is possiable to see some of the exclusive content?

Diggis

Spread throughout this thread are images of the content, including Petronas towers, Westlake Academy and a lot of stuff from Colyn.

wouanagaine

My plugins just grows from 1.7gb to 3.8 gb :)

Thanks for the hard work

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

JBSimio

Quote from: Diggis on November 26, 2008, 12:14:13 AM
Spread throughout this thread are images of the content, including Petronas towers, Westlake Academy and a lot of stuff from Colyn.

It's the University of Clayhurst, actually... Westlake Academy is the private school version that hasn't been finished yet.  ;)

Quote from: wouanagaine on November 26, 2008, 12:59:22 AM
My plugins just grows from 1.7gb to 3.8 gb :)

Thanks for the hard work

Indeed!  The size of my plugins folder more than doubled as well!  Many thanks again to everyone!

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

toxicpiano

I have a question about cam stuff again. The SFBT plattenbau sets say they are stage 8, is this regular stage 8 or CAM?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Pat

Toxicpiano is that a residential? if so then yes that is a normal stage 8 building but probably modified with x-tool to have more realistic stats... I think that is what all is on the DvD is everything either CAM or just X-tooled Updated to have more realistic updates....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

toxicpiano

Quote from: Pat on November 27, 2008, 01:17:50 PM
Toxicpiano is that a residential? if so then yes that is a normal stage 8 building but probably modified with x-tool to have more realistic stats... I think that is what all is on the DvD is everything either CAM or just X-tooled Updated to have more realistic updates....
I see. Can you use non cam stage 8s with cam now, providing they've been through xtool?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

RippleJet

Quote from: toxicpiano on November 27, 2008, 01:21:29 PM
I see. Can you use non cam stage 8s with cam now, providing they've been through xtool?

Yes, of course!
Anything that's been through the X Tool is CAMpatible.
And buildings of growth stages 1-8 are needed for CAM as well! ::)

Andreas

All SFBT items that are in "SFBT" subfolders are not modded for the CAM, but as RippleJet said, they are of course compatible with it. Since the Plattenbau highrises are not really that tall, stage 8 is probably just fine for them.
Andreas

MAS71

Hello everyone and all of staffs of the LEX-Disk. :)
Yes, I got a disk today!! Yehhhhh!!! :thumbsup:

It was worked normaly all for us PC in a Japan. ;)
Good desgin(Logo marks) and I'm surprised about usefull browser as well. :)
It will became my one of big memorials in my life too. ;D
Thank you again for Disk staffs and all of BSC team members for this wonderful one !!

-Mas'71 in Japan

p.s
@BarbyW san
A japanese text made you confused a lot. :P
Especialy, A big thanks for your hard works about Japanese address.  ;)

BarbyW

Masuda-san, Japanese characters are a complete mystery to me ;D
I am glad the DVD arrived safely and very quickly considering the distance it has travelled.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

CabraBuitre

Quote from: callagrafx on November 17, 2008, 06:22:15 AM
The disk is now available when you donate 25 euros or more.  Use the "donate" button at the top of the forum  :thumbsup:

Anyone know how many dollars per euro these days...?

Check out Abelfarei!

sithlrd98

According to xe.com 25.00 EUR=31.7113 USD

sithlrd98

Not meaning for this to be a double post but , I just got mine and , well hats off to all involved. Although I had a lot of this content already , there is a lot of readily assessable content that  I never even had seen! Love the layout and ease of install , very professional! Marvelous work!  &apls

Now lets see the stuff in my city!!!

Jayson

Pat

Jayson you must show me the Petronas Towers so I can droool lol  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sithlrd98

Yeah , as soon as I get a chance!
On a side note , has anyone with this disc had problems with University of Clayhurst lots? There is no model files...and no documented dependencies.

Jayson

JBSimio

All the model files are in a dependency file (BSC MEGA Props_JBSimio_Vol03 to be exact) which is on the disc... as are any other dependencies for the University of Clayhurst.  Since this was one of the last (if not the last!) things to be included on the DVD... and since I was literally in the middle of moving while the disc was being finalized... there was a bit of a time crunch and the readme is not as detailed as it normally would be.  If you install the entire dependency folder as recommended you shouldn't have any problems.  I will be starting a thread in the next couple days with more detailed information about the University pack... but I'm still in the process of gathering a few more things I need to properly finish the post.  If there are any questions in the meantime, feel free to PM me.  ;)

Hope that helps!
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

sithlrd98

That helps ! Because I generally am up to date with dependencies , I did not feel it necessary to install the folder. I did glance through that folder , but hey , its all good!
Now my sims can get educated in style!!! Thanks JB!

Jayson

shahrinsam

hello...

I just would like to ask if the contents of the DVD will be suitable for Mac or not. I have been trying to download some of the important and interesting files(namely the BSC Texture pack, Jeronij mega prop pack, etc.) but they are only available in .exe type file. don't u have in .dat or sthg.

n dude...i do really want that KLCC (Petronas Twin Towers). Being a Malaysian, I know u really did it really really well..veryyyy impressive....
just got to work on the park below the tower on our own though.

thanks,