• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cockatoo's HK Development Thread

Started by Cockatoo-210893, August 22, 2008, 06:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simpson

Wow this Bat is looking super great work
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

JoeST

This place is ace, and that BAT is fantastic :)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

sithlrd98

Holy crap...those are great! Guess I need to buy the office a new keyboard!

surdanis

Cockatoo, that last BAT? What's the status? I'm dying to hear from you on it because it could simply your best if not one of your best. The nightlighting is great, and is a worthy addition to any city! We want more!
"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

Cockatoo-210893

It's been done for almost a week, but is still waiting to be uploaded to the LEX (hopefully). Don't worry, you'll be able to get it soon.

Cockatoo-210893

Some new stuff...

Fairmont House:

Prince of Wales Building:

RippleJet

Love them both! :)

However, those tennis courts seem rather tight,
considering you're standing behind the baseline when you're serving... ::)

Also, if the opponent is serving the ball across the side line,
I wouldn't want to be the guy trying to catch it without running into the fence... $%Grinno$%

Compare the space around your courts to the space around a RL one...

jmyers2043

Hello Cockatoo - you have such a wonderful roof at the top of the building. So - ah - why did place tennis courts on that lower roof? Is this a residential building?
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

bat

Great work there on these two new buildings!!! :thumbsup:

rooker1

I like both models, but I especially like the second one.  The base looks great and the tenis court on top is a very nice touch.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

callagrafx

Along with what Ripplejet says, I'd also say the grass texture is too severe and the courts themselves look way too big...You may consider changing this to a swimming pool and making the building a hotel...it indeed resembles one built in the 60's.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

art128

those buildings are really great  :thumbsup: the second one is very nice looking  :thumbsup:
the tennis court give an excellent realism  &apls
great work too on the second tower  :thumbsup:
looking forward to more awesome tower  ;)
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Fatsuhono

Cockatoo-210893

Thanks guys, although you may not know this is actually a re-creation of a real world building which means I have to try and stay as true to the original as possible.
For jmyers, it's a military office building - explains all the radars and stuff on the roof.
Callagrafx, you're totally right about that texture though, I was just being lazy - I'll try and find a good one.
Here is a Google Earth shot for those who don't like the positioning of the tennis courts:
(I could make them a little smaller, but only by a bit.)

threestooges

Excellent work. My only thought on the tennis court thing is not so much the positioning as it is the dimensions. The service boxes are a bit long. Aside from that, it looks like a great building. The Fairmont House looks pretty good too.

RippleJet

Quote from: Cockatoo-210893 on October 25, 2008, 12:56:15 AM
(I could make them a little smaller, but only by a bit.)

At least, try not to make it larger than Maxis' in-game tennis court. ;)
That one is 1×2 tiles (16×32 m), including the space around the court.
The court itself is roughly 11×24 m.

In real life, a tennis court (for doubles) should be 10.973 m × 23.774 m (36' × 78').
A RL tournament court would require a total space of 18.288 m × 36.576 m (60' × 120').

Cockatoo-210893

I fixed up those tennis courts to their actual size, and made a heap of other modifications. They're now ready to be uploaded.

art128

these tower look really nice by night, great work on the light Cockatoo-210893   &apls can't wait to download it  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

tankmank