• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ah vista, and the incredible search for reason

Started by Kymour, September 05, 2008, 12:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kymour

I have vista premium 32-bit. I have SC4 and SC4Terraformer.  I click on the icon for SC4Terraformer and  it says Error:  The specified module could not be found.  LoadLibary(pythondll) failed.  anybody have any idea what I should do?

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

wouanagaine

There is no reason for that message

Make sure you unzip the SC4TF.zip correctly, and didnot unzip library.zip

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Kymour

maybe it is not supposed to be there, but it is... reinstalling it doesnt help unfortunatly
Ill try a 3rd time

Kymour

wouanagaine

please copy the content of sc4terraformer.exe.log here

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions

Kymour

it is disappointing, but I understand being limited with the info at hand.. funny thing is that it worked before I reformatted my hard drive.

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

JoeST

after googleing "pythondll" I found that its the name of a dependency for everything created with Py2Exe (which I guess is a python compiler) and is in a file called python2x.dll (thanks to this) but I couldnt find that file anywhere...

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Kymour

well i tried sc4mapperv2  but this is what came up...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 1007, in OnClose
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 1010, in ShowMain
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 277, in __init__
UnicodeDecodeError: 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 2-4: truncated \UXXXXXXXX escape

maybe this will help?

wouanagaine

This one of the funny bug of using unicode in coding, I'm sorry I can't help on that

I'll try to see if I can rebuild a non unicode version ( I've lost the final code sources when my laptop was stolen )

New Horizons Productions

skoobie

Kymour check out this SC4Mapper topic to find a solution for the SC4Mapper problem.

As for SC4Terraformer, I'm getting the following two message boxes:

Box 1 ::
Title: Error
Maybe there is another application that use DirectX
If it is not the case check the readme.html for more informations

Box 2 ::
Title: Errors occurred
See the logfile 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SC4Terraformer v11\SC4Terraformer.exe.log' for details

The log file is blank, just blank lines. SC4Mapper's working, but I'd like to have the option of using SC4Terraformer.

exi123

Hello,

i have the same Problem as skoobie, but the Terraformer shows me only the second box:

Errors occurred
See the logfile 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SC4Terraformer v11\SC4Terraformer.exe.log' for details

My Log:

File "SC4Terraformer.py", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 3, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 91, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading tools3D.pyd

Amtrak7

I have Vista, but a totally different error:

File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 2369, in OnClose
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 2372, in ShowMain
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 624, in __init__
  File "DlgCities.pyo", line 206, in __init__
  File "DlgCities.pyo", line 310, in RebuildConfig
ZeroDivisionError: float division

mggabin

Found it.  Apparently you need to actually select a region with files in it, not just an empty directory.

For whatever it's worth I get the same exact same error and traceback as Amtrak7.  I suspect this is a unicode error.

System info: HP running Core 2 Duo E8400, 3GB RAM, Vista x64.  I try to keep my system fairly well updated through the Windows Updater.

I have already done (or tried to do) all of the following, to no avail.  I am not a hard core techie but can follow instructions and know how to use a cmd prompt.

Downloaded the DirectX updates through the link in the SC4T readme.
Downloaded MSCVP71.DLL.  Put copies in System32 and SysWow64 (I read somewhere that Vista x64 keeps 64 bit DLLs in System32 and 32 bit DLLs in SysWow64, which doesn't make any logical sense given the folder names, but whatever) and in the folder the SC4T files are in.  Tried manually registering MSCVP71.DLL using regsvr32 under both System32 and SysWow64 folders, got error message that DLLs loaded but no entry point could be found.
Rebooted machine.
Turned off Aero (switched theme to "Windows Classic").

I've read that removing DirectX 10 might help, but I have no idea how to go about doing this (don't see it on the list of installed programs or on the list of installed Windows updates) and I also don't consider it worth it given I'm only an occasional user of Simcity4 at this point.

Are there any users out there who are running region rendering/translation services (ie, SC4T/SC4M works for them and they will take a region, run it through the translator, spit out SC4 files and config.bmp, zip it all up and post/send it?  Fine if someone can point me to a thread on this, don't seem to see one in the SC4T or SC4M board here.

Quote from: Amtrak7 on June 04, 2009, 03:20:29 PM
I have Vista, but a totally different error:

File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 2369, in OnClose
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 2372, in ShowMain
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 624, in __init__
  File "DlgCities.pyo", line 206, in __init__
  File "DlgCities.pyo", line 310, in RebuildConfig
ZeroDivisionError: float division

dobdriver

QuoteFound it.  Apparently you need to actually select a region with files in it, not just an empty directory.

To clarify mggabin the file needed is the config.bmp, it does not need a region.ini or any city tiles. As an aside it should be the correct size for one's map or terraformer will resize the map.