• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Tunnels.

Started by TheTeaCat, November 25, 2006, 07:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

I needed to connect an island to the mainland.

But did not like the idea of a bridge spoiling the coastline,
impressive though some bridges can be!

So the only other solution was a Tunnel.

Hence construction began on the B'Nith Tunnel.

It leads to the B'Nith Seaport to be shown once its completed.

1. Harbour Turnoff

2. The A52

3. B'Nith Tunnel Entrance

4. B'Nith Tunnel Exit

5. Copy of the photo taken from the Constuctor's Helicpoter for the Mayors Office.

6. Copy of Photo Showing the Humble beginnings of  The Town of B'Nith in the foreground.

Hope you enjoyed these.

Ps. The next big tunnel is on the planning boards and the preliminary site has been chosen.
Don't hold your breath- these things take many months to construct. lol

So now you have a start lets see some of yours!

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

Beautiful tunel-areas! Great detailing!

Alfred.Jones

Great work TheTeaCat. Beautiful pictures :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

TheTeaCat

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

NikNik

&apls Great work Teacat!
I will add some of mine tunnels as soon as I made some pics.
Yesterday, I needed to increase the railroad tunnel (simple tunnel under a highway) as this tunnel needed to transport more than 12.000 people. So I have made 3 RR tunnels next to eachother. If you are fast you can do it. I will show you the pic later.

TheTeaCat

Nik NIk

thanks for comments and looking forward to those pics

:satisfied:

Alek King of SC4

mini tunnels using buddybuds lots

Alfred.Jones

Great tunnels AK. It looks awesome

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

That are beautiful tunnel (-areas), Alek King of SC4!

pica

Wow, impressive!

TheTeaCat, has there bin a huge storm or something? There is a lot of wood on the coastline  ;D

jacqulina

excellent work on those tunnels guys

NikNik

Aha, I promised you the pic I had of my 3-tunnel system.
more than 12.000 passengers use this rail road, so I had to do something about the single tunnel that I had.

Nik-Nik

Alfred.Jones

Looks great Nik-Nik! Keep it up

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

NikNik

:) Alfred and Bat thanks for the encouraging reply.

Here's the same tunnel from the other side:

Well the area needs some more work I agree. Therefore from another town the tunnel entrance:

and the whole tunnel for you all (entrance almost hidden by the low hanging clouds):

As you can see I started at the high wealth area and the other side needs some more work too. But I am focussing first on the high wealth area.

Nik-Nik

jeronij

Great work all  :thumbsup:

Nik-Nik, I think these are the first pics I see from you, and I have to say I like the overall transit networks layout. Very good work  ;)

Alek, again some delightful pics from your cities. Thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

TheTeaCat

Nik-Nik

&apls &apls &apls
Kettle' on for you for seeing your first pics ;D

I am impressed :thumbsup:

Alfred.Jones

:o That is one big tunnel Nik-Nik! I cannot wait to see you develop more of the that area :thumbsup: Great work

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

NikNik

Quote from: Alfred.Jones on December 15, 2006, 06:41:41 PM
:o That is one big tunnel Nik-Nik! I cannot wait to see you develop more of the that area :thumbsup: Great work
Thanks Alfred. That tunnel is huge indeed, quite an endevour to build it and make the entrance somehow believable.
Basically this town is part of a 4 square area:
1- Farm town
2- Low wealth town - suburbia
3- Office town & High and middle class suburbia (2nd and 3rd pic)
4- Dirty & Manufacturing Industry town (1st and last pics)
None of these areas are fully developped, but you can see some more pics in the Show us your suburbs section.

I am trying to balance these 4 cities and I just cannot figure out how it is possible to have more than 75.000 low wealth (no unemployment zot!) and only 16.000 dirty industry and 5.000 agricultural jobs.
The jobs in my cities just do not add up to the number of people living in these towns. Strange game this is.

Nik-Nik