• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RMIP-3 Large Airport Edition vol. 1

Started by Gwail, February 12, 2009, 04:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Great work! And the skids look better now :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

tabi

Hello Gwail.

Good project.

There is one proposal.
Can you made three tiles wide Taxiway?

Taxiing way where width for large aircraft is wide.

Reference image..

Thank you.
Tabi

Korot

@tabi: Nice image, I see you have found your way around it, but may I ask why one of those planes has a jetway attached to it, while not being at a gate? I'm talking about the one in the bottom left corner.

BarbarossaS

Hehe, lol, hadn't even noticed that before korot posted it  :P The pic's probably just for comparison, so it's nothing to worry about

Voltaire

There seems to be some confusion regarding UDI vs. Animations

MAXIS-standard takeoff & landing animations are included on the Aiming Point segment. RMIP-2 runways have a segment for the same purpose.

All the lots are "UDI-enabled"... meaning, they are accessible to UDI aircraft for purposes of landing & taxiing.
The runway lots do not generate UDI planes to fly -- that is partly the job of Functional Lots.

Tabi-san, unfortunately the taxiways are inside RMIP-2, which is impossible to restart. I lost most of the original PSD artwork in 2007.

Even at airports expected to serve VLA's (747, A340, A380, Galaxy, Mriya), the taxiways are not 150ft. wide -- just the usual 75-100 ft. (25-30m). The load-bearing surface need not be any wider, since the undercarriage runs down the middle. With the A380, airports extend the shoulders to prevent plant-matter FOD issues. With the 747 and A340, the engines are farther up off the ground (eliminating FOD concerns) and no special construction is needed.

Dac1996, there are some automata-replacement mods out there, check on the STEX... plop the usual runway-animation pieces and it will use the replacement mod.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

tabi

@Voltaire

Thank you for a kind explanation.

Please work hard.

Jayster

KoV Liberty

Hey could we see a demonstration of the lots plese? Are they seperate 1x2 lots or one big lot for the runways?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Gwail

Tabi-san, so far RMIP-3.1 will be just fully compatible with RMIP-2 taxiway system. I'm planning to make another taxiway pack as one of the further projects. How will it look, I don't know right now.

Dac1996, carkid1998 - as Voltaire has said above, RMIP-3.1 will be UDI-enabled and it will contain some lots with jet animations as well.

Jayster, by now the main and dire need is free time ;). But it's starting to be better, most of my RL business is finished, I should start again with the project soon.

Driftmaster07 - take a closer look here.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Jayster

Thats good, these look really great btw, just love the skid marks, adds that touch of realilisim.

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

joelyboy911

These kits are looking great. I cant get over how much better the modular airport packs are than the maxis originals. I have a suggestion for your new taxiway set: you should use the dark sort of textures from the last RMIP set, so they can be made out of asphalt, perhaps.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

KoV Liberty

This is a little off topic. Sorry! But I was going to send tabi a message but his inbox is full. This is the only place I can think of at the moment where he has posted. Here is the PM (warning this is copied and pasted from my PM so sorry if it a little formal!).

Hello tabi,
Do you think I could have these Terminals from this link: http://homepage2.nifty.com/tabinohito/newpage2.html ? I could really use them in a high capacity airport I am building. Oh! Also the Airplane hangar too?

Driftmaster07

Adrian, I miss you man.

Gwail

How to build an intersection?

Let's start. The best with the first runway.

Next, build another runways, crossing the first one where only do you want to.

Fill three inner corners with shoulder intersection lot.

Fill last inner corner with proper shoulder intersection lot with overhanging texture.

Complete runways with standard shoulder lots.

Simple, isn't it? Arrange intersections where you want to, don't be limited:

All this has been enabled thanks to neverending kindless and patience of Buddybud and Masuda-san. It's still beta, but the results are very promising.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

BarbarossaS

That looking really good there! Marvellous progress!  &apls &apls

-Stijn-

MAS71

&apls Oh!! That's a nice idea !!  &apls

Hello Gwail and all of RIMP's members:)
Gwail san, You done that !  ;)
It's really perfectly transparencies, and I understand well your that effort to make that.  ;D
It's a small one but it would be big material to decorate for better scenes to nice. I believe that !!  ;)

Nice works all !!  :thumbsup:

PLT

Very nice Gwail!  :thumbsup:
Lovely that we aren't limited anymore!
By the way, has you personal situation improved lately?
I sincerely hope so, because 3 to 4 hours sleep per day just isn't healthy anymore...

Pat

calibanX

Wow, this is amazing Gwail. Your work is going to be fantastic in the game. I like the simple but effective intersection overlay piece. Nice touch there. I'm following closely and saving my airport for your pieces.

Thanks for all your work!

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

ShadeSlayer

It looks amazing. Great job.

The only bit of a problem I can see is the white lines on the edges of the intersection... I know it's because that is just a normal straight piece, but will there be a normal intersection piece/one of those without the white line?

allan_kuan1992

US markings are like that. Of course, Canadian markings don't have the white lines.

- Allan Kuan