• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Running SC4Terraformer on Windows 7 64-bit :D

Started by reducexx, February 16, 2009, 10:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reducexx

Well I it seemed that SC4Terraformer needed DX9 to run and DLL's, so all I did was run my Civilization 4 install and it put everything I needed to run it now. I am on Happy Camper  &hlp

TrebuTa

Rayden

Quote from: TrebuTa on February 21, 2009, 12:03:45 PM
And what about us who have DirectX 10..?
It shouldn't be a problem. It would be if you had DirectX 8 ;)

Lukfi

I was wondering, since there are multiple threads about SC4TF not working under Windows Vista/Seven, if someone could post a list of all DLL's needed?

Andreas

I'm not sure why so many people seem to have problems with running those programs. On my freshly installed Windows 7 64 bit, all I did was installing the DirectX 9 June 2010 End User Runtime, and presto, both SC4Mapper and SC4Terraformer work fine. It might be possible that other programs installed additional DLLs that are needed (such as Microsoft Office), though, but the ones that are definitely needed are mentioned in the readme file.
Andreas

Lukfi

I take my request back on account of my being an idiot. I did not have msvcp71.dll in my windows/system32 folder, downloading it did the trick (although maybe the DirectX installer helped too, I don't know)

// edit: Okay, so "did the trick" means the program now runs, but it crashes whenever I try to open a region.
/// I tried to run it under XP Mode, but "my graphics card can't handle the program". Muthar fukkar.

Kitsune

I cant run it on win 7 64 bit... asks me for a folder, then quits. And my attempt to use xp mode results in this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4Terraformer.py", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 3, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 91, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading tools3D.pyd

Funny enough, sc4 mapper wont work in win7, but does in xp mode.
~ NAM Team Member

The Arrowz

It doesn't work. I have all the dll's it says i need (OLEAUT32.dll, USER32.dll, SHELL32.dll, ole32.dll, WINMM.dll, WSOCK32.dll, COMCTL32.dll, ADVAPI32.dll, msvcrt.dll, WS2_32.dll, GDI32.dll, KERNEL32.dll, MSVCP71.dll, comdlg32.dll, RPCRT4.dll)

And I even installed directx9 (i already had 10 but that didn't work) (d3dx9_30.dll)

I click the exe file, it brings me to the "select regions" prompt. i click a folder, that screen closes, then nothing.

traceback: http://img692.imageshack.us/i/brokenc.jpg/

my task manager says it's running, but it's nowhere to be found...

dobdriver

QuoteTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 2369, in OnClose
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 2372, in ShowMain
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 624, in __init__
  File "DlgCities.pyo", line 206, in __init__
  File "DlgCities.pyo", line 310, in RebuildConfig
ZeroDivisionError: float division

Arrowz, you are choosing a folder that does not contain a config.bmp in it