• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your industrial wastelands!

Started by marcszar, March 11, 2007, 04:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcszar

Post removed.

wouanagaine

Beautiful industries and beautiful picture editing. I like the effect you make

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

jeronij

???  

Really excellent picture  :thumbsup:  . really inspiring  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

emilin

Really, really nice! But I'm actually most impressed by the fact that you actually managed to grow that Gascooker factory. Now, that's HARD. ;D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

EDGE4194

great shot  &apls. the power lines are the added touch that makes it realistic. I've never been a big fan of dirty industrial areas, but I may re-think that now.

bat

sarungman

this is mine...... not as good as Marcszar..... but still in the right theme.......

:::=:::=:::=:::=:::=:::

please wait for my return :D
-AsianEvolusioner AKA Sarungman

DuskTrooper

SC4, forevermore!

bat

wonderful picture of the industrial area, sarungman!

great overview, DuskTrooper!

sarungman

hei bat, just wanna ask u sumthin :)..... in this topic, why do u always say "great", and "wonderful",.... is there anythin u can say instead of those two???  :P

GMT

marcszar... I NEVER thought industrial areas in sim city could look THAT good.
wonderfull-amazingly stunning look.
also the effect adds lots of atmosphere to it.
great.

... really, it is. I swear.

sarungman

Marcszar.... ur pics make my head spin a lot!!! ur photo editing skill make those picture nearly realistic..... i love all ur pics.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

spartanB292

Wow, very nice, I love that freight station looking thing there in the second pic, is that the modular freight station?

anyway, I figured i'd add a few of mine, nuthin fancy but I never really see any hi tech stuff so i thought i'd add my own

they're all from a two cities, neither of which i have anymore due to my folly of buying a stock dell and thinking it would
support anything without a hitch, but i was kinda proud of them in that they're the only cities i ever had that i got over
200k pop and 1mil funds without any mods except for water trees and terrain
Yarbles! Great bolshy yarblockos to you sir!

Masochist

This is about as much of my industrial area as I've ever photographed (sad, ain't it?  :-[).  That'll change soon, however (hopefully... ;)):

(Under Construction)

glepet

Wow, Marcszar! Beautiful pics. Are those lots available anywhere. More specifically, the power lines, train yards, and dock area?

spartanB292

glepet: those power lines are, i believe, jphayden creations, available at all the exchanges, the docks are somys, look in the japan so close yet so far column fo links, and the train yard (i think) is the modular freight station, search the stex for modular. and if you want other cool ports, go here

http://www1.megaegg.ne.jp/~tokitoko/

you'll need to dl a japanese fontset if you dont have one already
Yarbles! Great bolshy yarblockos to you sir!

glepet

Thanks for the info. I did find the train station modular set shortly after posting the question. Now I'll look for the others. Again, beautiful pics.

praiodan

marcszar, your pics are truely inspirational, which is not easy to archive with industrial stuff I think, so, great job!

Here's one industrial area I created recently. Nothing very special, but it helps to keep the demand down  :-\

sebes

Praiodan, the road layout in that area looks like a maze.. I guess it will drive the truckdrivers nuts!   :D
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

MIncroabl

Not a wasteland per se, this is the best (worst?) my region currently has to offer:

The main industrial area of the city of Hauptbrücke (poor German for main/head bridge), complete with a (now unused) small port for export.

Oh, how I hate those I-HT! You try to build a nice, poor industrial dump and what you get? Friggin' high tech manufacturers and CO$$$! ...And the I-d and I-m that do agree to show up are enough to distress that Simgoober's modern warehouse... Such is life.