• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC Aircraft

Started by Voltaire, March 09, 2009, 08:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltaire

Welcome to the Aerospace Consortium's Aircraft Showcase at SC4Devotion

AC Team are the creators of a wide variety of BATed aircraft and prop Automata for SimCity 4. Our fleet covers the entire range from light twin, to quad-jet heavy airliner. This thread will feature our final-render versions of the aircraft coming up for release.

For our collection of previously completed aircraft (prior to March 2009), please see the comprehensive ACAircraft Catalog.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

Voltaire

March 10 2009

Announcing four new aircraft -
   737-600  Austrian Airlines livery by Voltaire
   737-600  SAS International livery by Xiziz & Voltaire
   737-700  Sterling Airlines livery by Xiziz
   747-400  Air New Zealand livery by Voltaire

For the first time, we have complete 737 Lots  ;D

In-game screenshots, daytime & nighttime:

cameron1991

Ooh, they look nice!  :thumbsup:

And yay! an Air NZ 747!  ;D

PLT

Hey Voltaire!

I can see you've been quite busy again, very very nice!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

feliwi

wonderful update! Can't wait for new planes!

Jack Bauer

Wow!! An easy jet!! Airports are getting more and more realistic!!! &apls

SimNation

Nice job on the planes they look so life like as far as you can get in a 2-d anyway. Any chance you will branch over to CitiesXL if it is mod friendly? It would be fantastic to see theses in a 3-d setting.

allan_kuan1992

Looking good.

However... I'm wondering if you can reorient Air Canada A320 in a 90 degree formation rather than the one it's in right now, because I'm having a somewhat difficult time trying to use it on the pre-fabricated interim airport lots that I made.

I do have one other request on mind but i've asked about it before... so i probably shouldn't irritate with a persistent demand.

- Allan Kuan

feliwi

Great projects in here! My I suggest you some planes? Now that Delta and Northwest are one company there are new delta planes like the B747 or the A330. It would be really incredible to have them in SC4 as well. if you're interested in doing some of them here#s a link with the current former Northwest Delta planes!
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?airlinesearch=Delta+Air+Lines+(Northwest+Airlines)&distinct_entry=true&sort_order=datestamp+desc&page=1&page_limit=25

Voltaire

March 13 2009

The 737 Lots are 50% complete, release is expected in 2-3 weeks

Announcing two new aircraft -
   737-700 SAS Norge livery by Xiziz
   737-700 Southwest Airlines, canyon blue livery by Voltaire

cameron, PLT, jack -- thanks!  Always busy... especially when not posting for a month, you know something is coming ;)

SimNation: not at all familiar with CXL... and I suspect these are far too high in 3D polys -- 25000+ just for the 737 and a jetway.
allan: in the upcoming A320 pack, all are rendered 90-degrees, just as the 737 pack.
feliwi: we already have 4 Delta planes, including the 787 which NW ordered ;)   see the Catalog, under 757-200 (my favorite), 787-8, CRJ-200, CRJ-700... and watch here for more.

=====================================

March 15 2009

Rolls Royce power returns to the 747 lineup

747-400 Qantas, 2-class Longreach variant livery by Voltaire

(our Rolls RB211-524 was missing, since the original Cathay scene was corrupted in late 2007)
Apart from the livery which looks superb at any angle, this scene features Qantas' unique wing, elevator, and nacelle pylon paint schemes.

allan_kuan1992

wow...

Things are looking really good here =)

- Allan Kuan

Jack Bauer

wow, Quantas version looks so great!!!

feliwi

will there be versions of the planes without jetway as well? I love this new QANTAS plane

allan_kuan1992

I believe that jetway-free passenger jumbo-jets (like the A380 + B747) will not be made as that can be somewhat unrealistic if you think about it...
(tries imagining 500 people getting off an airplane at once with only one airstair) :D

On the other hand, jetway-free passenger single-aisle jets (like A320 and B737) are definitely possible; however I haven't seen Voltaire make any of that size after two or so requests from me.

It's safe to say that this treatment may only be reserved to aircraft where jetways are not possible or required, and that those that can have jetways will always have them.
I do concede however this also simplifies BATting work on Voltaire's part as well as reduce the dizzying amount of lots that we might require.

- Allan Kuan

ShadeSlayer

I think he's talking about them in the sense of a parking space or something.

feliwi

I thought about 747s and A380s for taxi-/runways or for standing in front of hangars and so on!
Anyway, thanks for reply

PLT

Lovely, just lovely!  :thumbsup:
QANTAS has a great livery, unfortunately I can't see them here at Schiphol.
Anyway, keep up the good work!

allan_kuan1992

Ah.

Do tabi's planes work as a solution?

- Allan Kuan

feliwi

Yes, of course, for now tabi's planes are absolutely fantastic! If you don't have the time, it's not necessary, but it would be quite nice!

Jack Bauer

Do you plan to make a british airways 747 version? because the one's at the moment has the older textures!!!