• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Atrubia - Update 71: A Few Progress Pics

Started by KoV Liberty, June 14, 2009, 08:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoV Liberty

Update 4. A few announcements. And Riyadh Intl. Airport (Riyadh is a new city in the region of Atrubia). But first...

Connor: Your right though a park should be introduced. Going green annoucements will be in this update too.

Robin (rooker1): Okay, thanks for the comment! In future cities there will be more of a terraformed coastline (bays, intlets, etc.)!

Gringamuyloca: I saw a show about Dubai so I thoght I might give land reclamation a go! Don't worry there still will be some green on shores! Stay tuned...

Glowbal: I might not mix it up for there is already much traffic. Thanks for the suggestion though! Hope you stick around for more!

Now... Onto this LONGER than usual update! First a question... Does anyone know of a clear base texture?

Now a BIG Announcement! Due to all your comments encouraging me for clean power...

I will do it! Here is the plan. Only windmills for now (unless I can find a good solar power BAT)... This one is only a color sketch. The plan is outlined in the next photo...

Ok now that was the big announcement. I cannot officially build them yet though because I need to change the base texture though.

Ok now the second larger part is the New Airport! It is NOT a pre-fab by AC.

Welcome to Riyadh Intl.!

This is the first plane to land! The American Airlines 737 flight 324.

This is the right side of the International Terminal.

And the left...

This terminal serves many airlines.

Like Cathay Pacific, JAL Cargo,

Singapore Airlines, United,

And a new start up, Poseidon Airlines.

Now... An overveiw.

This end serves 737s...

While this end serves CRJs.

Ok! That wraps up the fourth update! Hope you enjoyed your flight to Riyadh International Airport!

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Connor

Nice airport.  :thumbsup:

I could be completely wrong - but as far as i am aware, there isn't a clear base texture, however you can remove the base texture from a lot using the reader.

I'm probably wrong, but i'm sure i heard it somewhere.

Battlecat

Looking good!  Nice job on that airport! 

As far as I know connor is right, there isn't such a thing as a transparent base texture, there's just a way to mod a lot to remove the base texture. 

KoV Liberty

To Everyone: I will be leaving for a concert in a few minutes. I will be back on the 22nd.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Luke09

Your Airport is really nice,and where did you get those beauty,wind powerstation(i don't know how do you call it in english  :-[ )
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

jcmpaz

the airport is very nice but i would like to know where did you get the international terminal... thanks :thumbsup:

joelyboy911

Great MD Driftmaster! Great airport too.

I'm loving the mix of Middle east and American/Western World flavours. I have used those offshort windmills in the past too, but I found that they looked odd placed in deeper water around the base, have you had this issue.

I'll be watching this MD. And you may have inspired me to start my own one....
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

calibanX

Fantastic airport! I love it.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

danielcote

wow you even have a concord I thought those were banned  :o

carkid1998

Wow! Very Good MD! :o Where did you get that Concord??

And I think Concord's were to expensive to run which is why the dissapeared! :thumbsup:
Sendona... Coming soon!

Glowbal

Quote from: Luke09 on June 20, 2009, 01:14:02 PM
Your Airport is really nice,and where did you get those beauty,wind powerstation(i don't know how do you call it in english  :-[ )
REPower modern wind turbines at STEX < click =)

Lovely airport you have there. Always liked Singapore Airlines.  :P

Splime

Well this is a nice tropical MD. The only issue I have is that your images are all png, which means I have to sit and wait for quite a bit before the page loads, as most of your pics are close to 1 MB each! Please, convert your images to .jpg! (Or at least, post your new images as jpg files.) Jpg will result in a barely noticeable drop in quality, but a massive drop in file size (as long as you don't save in 100% quality). Also, your images look like you've made some extensive modifications, so I'm fairly certain you have the capacity to convert to jpg.

Otherwise, it's a nice MD in a setting that isn't all that common.

KoV Liberty

Update 5: Riyadh gets inhabitants and a city center. But first as always...

Connor: Where is the Reader? And thanks for leaving a comment!

Battlecat: How do I remove it?

Luke09: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=19808. They are here. I use the smallest ones and offshore ones.

jcmpaz: Thankyou! The terminals are here... http://tadasu29.sakura.ne.jp/zip/tds21_KIX_beta.zip  You must lot them yourself first, since they are only beta!

joelyboy911:
Quote from: joelyboy911 on June 20, 2009, 09:45:21 PM
I found that they looked odd placed in deeper water around the base, have you had this issue.

I'll be watching this MD. And you may have inspired me to start my own one....
Thanks for visiting my MD! And yes I have had the issue. It is rather annoying. I will visit you MD soon! Just give me the link though...!

Geoff (calibanX): Thankyou!

danielcote: They were?  ???

carkid1998: They were decommissioned? The concords are by Tabi-san. They can be found here at these two links along with a few other planes (actually a lot!). 1) http://74.125.67.132/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://homepage2.nifty.com/tabinohito/newpage12.html&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhifNgklaZbYCVTvSC7PIRBOF8MADA Whew! Thats a big link! 2) http://homepage2.nifty.com/tabinohito/newpage10.html

Glowbal: Thanks for helping out Luke09! And I like Singapore Airlines too!

Splime: I thought they loaded a little slow! And how do I change them on photobucket?

Now... Onto the comeback update!

As I said this update would showcase the new areas of Riyadh. The Airport city. Now...
Welcome to Riyadh Suites! (not really a hotel but oh well!).

This is the bay...

And the new city center!

And at night...

And a new aquatics center for my pool (I guess thats what its called; I don't know.) in the 09 Simlympics.

Coco park mall...

Also a new stadium has been added. Here are four pics...

I will end the update with one more pic...

Hope you all enjoyed this installment! Stay tuned...

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

KoV Liberty

Hello everyone! I will post an update as soon as a few people post!

Adrian, I miss you man.

Nexis4Jersey

whoa awesome update, :thumbsup:where did u get that Stadium?

Glowbal

yay, great update!
I was actually stunned by that blue building (pool right?).

Did you download a streetlight change mod btw?

carkid1998

Woooow! :thumbsup:

Great Night shots there! just great1 ;D

However, I would love to know where you got tha mall.

Of to steal some of you're Ideas for myself! (not really;))
Sendona... Coming soon!

KoV Liberty

To everyone... Due to my family moving I will not post a update today but maybe tomorrow.  :( I know there has been a lack of updates but we are moving one week from today (July 1st) so we must pack up our stuff and well move. The last things we will move, that are mine, however are my computer, my TV, (my bed of course!), and my Xbox 360. There might not be any updates from June 30th-July 2nd. Because we must unpack. Or however there may be an update! I don't know quite yet. Once again there will be an update tomorrow.

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

jcmpaz

Thank you but do you know if they are going to be release soon?

KoV Liberty

Welcome to the sixth update (and page 3)! Today I will be showcasing a new city. The city is Al Rhajad. But as always...

Nexis4Jersey: Hello! It is the Reliant Stadium by teemu_om and once was found on the STEX but now can be found here...  Hope I helped!

Glowbal: Thankyou for stopping by! And yes the Atrubia Swimming and Aquatics Center does have a Olymipic size swimming pool inside (it is really the Water Cube in Beijing for the '08 Olympics). No, I did not download a streetlight change mod but I did download Pegasus' Median mod which can be found Here... Note: You must scroll down the page!

carkid1998: Thanks! The mall's name really is Coco Park Mall and can be found at the STEX here.

jcmpaz: I contacted the creator and he said they were far from finished. Sorry.  :(

Now... Onto the update!

As I said this was the city of Al Rahjad. Al Rahjad will be more of a park city than more of a giant metropolis. Here is the first building in the city...

Here is a new are of the city (French Quarter). All my french buildings (not plopped) suddenly grew in this area. I dont know why.

Here is a version of the London Eye that I made in the LE.

And at night... With zoned area.

More buildings against a lifeless background (at least lifeless till the next update!).

Suburbs photo...

And last but not least... One more night photo...

So... Whaddaya think?

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.