• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How can I do this mountain ?

Started by Enzo, April 13, 2007, 09:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enzo

Hi,
I know this has been done from DEM data, (this is a NHP map screenshot), but but I guess it's possible to do it within SC4TF with the current tools ?
I've spent two days trying to do it without success ? any tips to properly finish mountain (into the red circle) ? thanks a bunch

wouanagaine

I can't help you much
Trying to mimic nature is not an easy task

At least try to create the mountain part in a new small region, with the mountain tool and erode and smooth, then if you're ok with the result export to rgb, export also the region where you plan to put such a mountain, then using photoshop merge the 2 rgb, then import the rgb back into a region

sorry to not being that much helpfull

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Enzo

thanks wouanagaine, and don't feel sorry about it, you've been sooo helpfull with me  :thumbsup:
may be a new brush tool can help on this one ? specially for the front a kind of pyramid I don't think we have this currently. what i do, now, is using the mountain steep hill, i guess it's the most convenient but a pyramid tool may help a lot. you see what i mean ?
did i say this soft is wonderfull ? ;D anyway, this is hard to properly reproduce and lenghtly.