Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat
Welcome to SimCity 4 Devotion. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2022, 03:39:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Downloads

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rivit

Thanks for finding that. Looks like its just that middle one thats not changing as it should. Probably a missing T21 (network prop). We will fix that for NAM45.

The rest of the bridge has an overlay texture to hide the old Maxis rail (that you can see in the gap) - and that is deliberate to give the rail bridge has the same gauge as the RRW itself.

You will see that texture on a number of Rail bridges that cannot be rerendered or edited for RRW.

ulisse99

it's a problem we've found with many RRW bridges. The patch will be included with NAM 45

nickWtn

Okay I apologize if I'm just blind but there's two transitions that I've been used to using in the NAM that I swear just don't exist on 44. One of them is single lane ramp to RHW-4 and the other allows you to add an additional land from RHW-8C to RHW-10s, did these I guess they are called width transitions, disappear or am I just blind?

Tarkus

Quote from: nickWtn on May 04, 2022, 07:35:11 PMOkay I apologize if I'm just blind but there's two transitions that I've been used to using in the NAM that I swear just don't exist on 44. One of them is single lane ramp to RHW-4 and the other allows you to add an additional land from RHW-8C to RHW-10s, did these I guess they are called width transitions, disappear or am I just blind?
With the addition of the FLEX Width Transitions (FLEX-WTs) in NAM 42, all of the previous puzzle piece-based transitions (both height and width) for the RHW have effectively been rendered deprecated/legacy content.  The FLEX-WTs can do everything the old puzzle-based transitions could do, and much more--including the MIS-to-RHW-4 transitions and RHW-8C-to-RHW-10S.  I'll note, the puzzle pieces never actually supported RHW-8C-to-RHW-10S (unless you're thinking of RHW-8S-to-RHW-10S, which was added in NAM 24/RHW 3.0 in 2009).  With the FLEX-WTs, all of those width transitions are also available at every possible height level, including support up to L4 for the MIS-to-RHW-4 transition, and up to L2 for RHW-8C-to-RHW-10S and RHW-8S-to-RHW-10S.

This feature preview video from the NAM 42 cycle, made by my NAM Team colleague LucarioBoricua, shows how the FLEX-WTs work:

If you still would like to use the old puzzle pieces, they are still available, but the menu buttons to access them are no longer installed by default.  The box is an option under the "a_Legacy Support" section in the RealHighway section of "2 Additional Network Features" in the NAM installer.

We've been gradually moving the RHW (and as much of the NAM as possible) over to FLEX and draggable items over the past several years (a task which has taken considerable time, just because of how large the mod is), and stopped making standard puzzle pieces in 2015.  This has been done in large part in recognition of all the complaints over the years that there's too many puzzle pieces, too many menu buttons, and too many pieces to TAB through under each button. 

Once FLEX replacements for the puzzle pieces reach the point where they can replace the functionality of the puzzle pieces entirely, we will be doing this more and more with the old puzzle piece menu buttons, so as to minimize the menu bloat, but still have a non-default option available for those who don't mind it.

-Alex

nickWtn

Quote from: Tarkus on May 04, 2022, 10:23:15 PMWith the addition of the FLEX Width Transitions (FLEX-WTs) in NAM 42, all of the previous puzzle piece-based transitions (both height and width) for the RHW have effectively been rendered deprecated/legacy content.  The FLEX-WTs can do everything the old puzzle-based transitions could do, and much more--including the MIS-to-RHW-4 transitions and RHW-8C-to-RHW-10S.  I'll note, the puzzle pieces never actually supported RHW-8C-to-RHW-10S (unless you're thinking of RHW-8S-to-RHW-10S, which was added in NAM 24/RHW 3.0 in 2009).  With the FLEX-WTs, all of those width transitions are also available at every possible height level, including support up to L4 for the MIS-to-RHW-4 transition, and up to L2 for RHW-8C-to-RHW-10S and RHW-8S-to-RHW-10S.

This feature preview video from the NAM 42 cycle, made by my NAM Team colleague LucarioBoricua, shows how the FLEX-WTs work:

If you still would like to use the old puzzle pieces, they are still available, but the menu buttons to access them are no longer installed by default.  The box is an option under the "a_Legacy Support" section in the RealHighway section of "2 Additional Network Features" in the NAM installer.

We've been gradually moving the RHW (and as much of the NAM as possible) over to FLEX and draggable items over the past several years (a task which has taken considerable time, just because of how large the mod is), and stopped making standard puzzle pieces in 2015.  This has been done in large part in recognition of all the complaints over the years that there's too many puzzle pieces, too many menu buttons, and too many pieces to TAB through under each button. 

Once FLEX replacements for the puzzle pieces reach the point where they can replace the functionality of the puzzle pieces entirely, we will be doing this more and more with the old puzzle piece menu buttons, so as to minimize the menu bloat, but still have a non-default option available for those who don't mind it.

-Alex

I've known about the FlEX Width transitions... however and I just don't know why but I can't for the life of me figure out which one I need to use to go from a MIS(Ground/Level 0) to a RHW-4 (Ground/Level 0)piece, no matter which transition I try... that's well why I'm really confused, do you happen to know which one it is?

Edit: umm I think I found the turn lane version of this piece in FTL's but that has turning arrows.. which while great isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

LucarioBoricua

Quote from: nickWtn on May 11, 2022, 03:34:06 PM
Quote from: Tarkus on May 04, 2022, 10:23:15 PMWith the addition of the FLEX Width Transitions (FLEX-WTs) in NAM 42, all of the previous puzzle piece-based transitions (both height and width) for the RHW have effectively been rendered deprecated/legacy content.  The FLEX-WTs can do everything the old puzzle-based transitions could do, and much more--including the MIS-to-RHW-4 transitions and RHW-8C-to-RHW-10S.  I'll note, the puzzle pieces never actually supported RHW-8C-to-RHW-10S (unless you're thinking of RHW-8S-to-RHW-10S, which was added in NAM 24/RHW 3.0 in 2009).  With the FLEX-WTs, all of those width transitions are also available at every possible height level, including support up to L4 for the MIS-to-RHW-4 transition, and up to L2 for RHW-8C-to-RHW-10S and RHW-8S-to-RHW-10S.

-Alex

I've known about the FlEX Width transitions... however and I just don't know why but I can't for the life of me figure out which one I need to use to go from a MIS(Ground/Level 0) to a RHW-4 (Ground/Level 0)piece, no matter which transition I try... that's well why I'm really confused, do you happen to know which one it is?

Edit: umm I think I found the turn lane version of this piece in FTL's but that has turning arrows.. which while great isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

Look at the video in 04:05, it shows the in-line RHW width transitions being used between RHW-4 and MIS, for all elevations. The variant with the arrow is for lane reduction, and the variant without is the lane addition. Make sure to hook up RHW-4 on the side with 3 lanes (RHW-3), and MIS on the side with 2 lanes (RHW-2).

nickWtn

Quote from: LucarioBoricua on May 11, 2022, 03:52:46 PMLook at the video in 04:05, it shows the in-line RHW width transitions being used between RHW-4 and MIS, for all elevations. The variant with the arrow is for lane reduction, and the variant without is the lane addition. Make sure to hook up RHW-4 on the side with 3 lanes (RHW-3), and MIS on the side with 2 lanes (RHW-2).

Thanks don't how I missed that, and while that for sure did the trick for doing that one direction it sure doesn't seem to work going the other way.. and doesn't fix itself no matter where I click on it.

Tarkus

Quote from: nickWtn on May 11, 2022, 04:49:20 PM
Quote from: LucarioBoricua on May 11, 2022, 03:52:46 PMLook at the video in 04:05, it shows the in-line RHW width transitions being used between RHW-4 and MIS, for all elevations. The variant with the arrow is for lane reduction, and the variant without is the lane addition. Make sure to hook up RHW-4 on the side with 3 lanes (RHW-3), and MIS on the side with 2 lanes (RHW-2).

Thanks don't how I missed that, and while that for sure did the trick for doing that one direction it sure doesn't seem to work going the other way.. and doesn't fix itself no matter where I click on it.
That's because you're using the Lane Add version for what is effectively a lane drop.  Going from RHW-4 to MIS, you'll want the Lane Drop version (that has the arrow), and going from MIS to RHW-4, you'll want the Lane Add version (that doesn't have the arrow).

-Alex