• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sim-al2

:thumbsup: Thats neat. looks really good, especially with the canals and tall buildings. That's a huge train though! ???
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Masochist

tankman, that looks like a very well-put-together Asian city!  I like the layout you have decided, because the towers don't completely overpower the homes.  And it's really nice to see MAS71's river sections being put to such good use.  They look amazing in your city :thumbsup:!

Hmmm...well, my latest project is Merideth Valley (just click these to see the full size pictures):

With city borders

Without city borders

As you can see, I still have to lay out the trees :-[.  You can see more pictures of Merideth Valley at [The Planning Pages], and you can see how it started out over at [SimPeg].
(Under Construction)

tankmank

Thankyou guys and thats a cool region should look amazing when done

tag_one

Great region Masochist! I like the diversity in the landscape :)

JoeST

Great stuff in this thread, especially your stuff tankmank
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Sciurus

Very nice project but Masochist, where have you found this region?
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

FrankU

Tankman,
Do they really build this way in Asia? The small dwellings with highrise in between? ()what()
It's not the way the Dutch design their cities...
But it looks good what you show us here. &apls

Masochist: what a beautiful region! &apls

bat

Your pictures are looking really wonderful, tankmank!!!

That's an excellent region, Masochist! Fantastic work on it! :thumbsup:

Albus of Garaway

Franku: On behalf of tankman, I would like to say yes. I think I am correct...

Masochist: I love that region. Did you hand terraform it in-game? If so, you're my inspiration. I'm currently trying to hand terraform a large map in-game, too. Great job on it so far!

M4346

Amazing work on that map Masochist!  ???

I love the over-all effect with the terrain mod and the various terrain features.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Masochist

Thanks for the comments, everyone ;D!

sciurus54
- I made this one myself ;)

Albus of Garaway - Well...I did hand-terraform it all, but I did so with the SC4 Terraformer (available on the LEX). 
(Under Construction)

tankmank

Quote from: FrankU on July 31, 2008, 04:40:07 AM
Tankman,
Do they really build this way in Asia? The small dwellings with highrise in between? ()what()
It's not the way the Dutch design their cities...
But it looks good what you show us here.

Yes they do look at many pictures of Shanghai and there is lots of it

metasmurf

My pics are pretty maxis dominated, but hey  ;D

rooker1

Beautiful pictures.  The farm fields and the curved networks are perfect.
&apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

tag_one

Maxis dominated or not, the lay-out of your city looks very nice  :thumbsup:

tenkes12345

Wow, those small towns are fantastic, the road network is perfect  ;)

bat

Fantastic pictures there of your region, metasmurf!
The farms are looking really nice! The city is wonderful, too! :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

jmdude1

after having no luck finding any lists on how 'effects' are used on lots, ive begun to explore what they all do. there are about 100 or so of these effects in my LE window and unfortunately most of them do what they say while others i cant even get to show up. here are a few of the more useful ones ive used. i will be adding a list to the effects thread in the LE help directory in a day or so if youre interested in knowing what each effect does.

sorry for the thumbnail pic here, but when scaled down the details are lost. here is the ghosties effect, which works during most of october. also, i used jeronijs tankfire water effect. the tankfire water effect makes for some great fireflies in game. thats right, those white specs on your screen arent dust and they look even better in game.

the reason i started wondering about effects was for this reason alone. i wanted to make a land reclamation area. the water spraying out of the pipes is from the fire hydrant effect. unfortunately its only available from july 5-11 so you gotta watch for it.

bat

This ghost effect is looking excellent, jmdude1!

And the second picture looks superb, too!