• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rainbow Falls - OSITM part 26-27

Started by Lilojame, October 31, 2008, 11:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Page 3  &hlp

All the pictures I loss are very beautiful  &apls Your city is very nice  :thumbsup: and the last picture look funny  :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Lilojame

Wow, page 3 already.  :o First I want to say thank you to all who are so nice to leave their comments. I shall, as always, replay to each and every of you at the next teaser time.

Today, to comemorate page 3 of Rainbow Falls, we shall have a bit longer update that usualy, meaning that you shall have a chance to see few extra pictures. At this point I have a question for you, respected visitors: what do you prefer... the updates with the amount of pictures as were done till now or updates with the amount of pictures that you will see in this update?   :)

In this update we shall first look at the Rainbow Falls new regional picture. It is obvious that the town of Trinity Falls has still problems with the excessive waters gathering around it but the Newhaven was dry enaugh to rebuild.

But now, without further ado I give you:

The queen noticed that the waters that were shrouding the Newhaven land evaporated enaugh for the rebuilding to start. The workers were buisy, there was no strain on the budget wich was generously provided by the queen herself and people moved back in. Actualy we can say, that even more people come to live in the rebuilded Newhaven. At the latest citizen-counting they wrotte down Newhavens 27.774th soul.

So lets see how Newhaven looks now:

Lest look closer:

The official queens photographer also took two night-pnorama shoots:

And the todays specials are:

With this we concluded the Update 03 - Newhaven rebuilded. I hope you enjoyed your visit! Dont forget to leave a notice of the amount of pictures you wish to see in updates.

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

thundercrack83

Every time I stop in here to Rainbow Falls, one word keeps popping into my head--"WOW!"

I've probably said here before, and I'm sure that I'll say it here again, but it sums things up so perfectly!

Your Photoshop skills are only surpassed by the amount of detail and time that goes into your work in the game. You've created such picturesque rural landscapes, that I would love to see what they look like before you raise the bar even further with Photoshop!

As for the length of the updates, I vote for whatever you are comfortable with, and what you feel will be best for the update and for you. If it's like this update, great! If it's like the others, well that's great, too!

I'll be looking forward to your next update, my friend!

Take care!

Dustin

kimcar

&apls &apls Wow fantastic work over there. Very pictural scenery and what about your City Hall of Newhaven so cool and very well done. I like those surprise. Keep it up  :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Another fantastic update, LiloJame! The overview is beautiful, and I love the Fall of Tears. The neighborhoods are certainly attractive, and the CBD looks good. too. I notice you've used some diagonals without overdoing it, and I like that. The farms look good, too - I like the way you've laid them out - and I love the overviews. The highlights at the end are an especially nice touch.

You have taken an unusual and very pleasing approach to MDing, and I hope Rainbow Falls will be around for a long time to come!
Joan

owlsinger

Wonderful update! I really like all the green space in your suburbs, and the landscaping is well thought out. I also think the size of your update should be what feels best to you, and conveys what you want it to. I'm looking forward to more!  :thumbsup:
'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

Lilojame

Due to inspiring comments I decided to do a special "mini" update today. You shall see nothing more and nothing less than a waterfall. These kinds of waterfalls I dont do often since they are very hard on my computer wich can hadle up to 6 "water drops" plops with ease but if I go over that limit...  :-[ After this update I shall also do a "Personal Responses" part.

So without further ado I give you:

Todays update shall be divided into 3 parts:
1st I will show you a up to this date regional transport map and pintpoint the location of waterfall
2nd I will show you pictures of the waterfall that were NOT photoshoped (besides the frame)
3rd shall be eye-candy and also the most important part of the update with the PS-ed pictures.

So lets check the transportation map first:

As you can see the transportation network is slovly yet stadily evolving.

And now lets see to wich place in Rainbow Falls we shall travel today:

As promissed we shall first check on the pictures that are not enchanced with photoshop and other programs:

And now finaly we can move to the heart of the update: eye-candy pictures:

With this we concluded the Special "Mini" Update - Return to Innocence. I hope you enjoyed the visit and that you shall return again.

Before I go, I need to replay to those who are so wonderful to leave comments:

dedgren : Hi David! I am very happy that you liked my MD and deply grateful for a wonderful coment you left behind. I think that every MD has its candies! I do hope, that you will decide to visit Rainbow Falls again in future!

Pat : Hi again! I agree with your words completly! I hope you will come to discover Rainbow Falls again.

Simpson : Hello! Thank you very much! I hope you will stop here again.

Jmouse : Hi Joan! Thank you for comenting the teaser and thank you very very much for a wonderful comment on the Update 3! I am glad that I didnt take pictures of the first streets that I layed down when I first got the NAM and SAM etc. It was diagonals all over.  ::) :D Now I try to use them only when I feel it would be suitable. But I need to say that laying roads/rail is my weakest spot, sadly, probably because I didnt figured out yet what exactly to do with RHW and all those plugins... %confuso Anyhow... I am very glad that you like my work thus far and I can say with certancy that Rainbow Falls shall be here and growing up as long as the SC4D Community will be interested in it. Hope to see you here again!

thundercrack83 : Hello Dustin! I am glad that you were pleased with the teaser. And thank you very much for wonderful comment you left after Update 3. As for seeing pictures before they are photoshoped, a part of it is visible in this Special Update and I will for sure include some of them in my futeru updates as well. Thank you also on expressing your thoughts about the amount of pictures! Hope to hear from you again!

art128 : Hi! "Gratz" on opening page 3 of Rainbow Falls. I am glad that you liked what I have shown. I hope you shall decide to wisit my MD again!

kimcar : Hi there! Thank you very very much! I enjoy doing custom bats and lots but sadly at this point I am experiencing some problems with ym grafic card wich resoults in rendering that would suit the X-Files. Hopefully I will sort that problem in near future. But in meanwhile I shall post the already made bats/lots as soon as I test them enaugh in-game and sort the documentation etc. for those who might consider wanting them. Anyhow, I hope you shall decide to visit us Rainbow Falls again!

owlsinger : Hello! Thank you very much for your nice comment! I am most definety glad that you like the greens and landscaping here and thank you very much also for your thoughts on the amount of pictures I should post. I hope that you will visit Rainbow Falls again!

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! I realy apreciate every word!

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

sim-al2

:o  :o

I wonder what it will look like when the region is finished!? Great Job!  :thumbsup:
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

kimcar

Do you have a place that you`re not good in this game ? ;D I mean look at your terraforming and layout ...Wow what a great picture or paint $%Grinno$% Outstanding work Lilojame. I want more get not enough to see your work  &apls &apls Hope you resolve the problem that you have. See u :thumbsup:

art128

wow ! All these newest pictures are awesome !! very great work my friend  :thumbsup: Absoluty splendis  &apls &apls

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

Wow fantastic two update here, your waterfalls look good
And your city is super  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

The photos - both raw and PSed - are just gorgeous, Lilojame. I have looked back through them several times and find something new and fascinating each time. I especially like the way you have used elements like rocks, foliage and logs. Those things are so easy to overuse, but yours look perfectly natural.

BTW, may I ask which terrain mod and tree controller you are using?
Joan

thundercrack83

Beautiful waterfalls, Lilojame! Just absolutely beautiful!

Can't wait to see more!

Dustin

rooker1

I have been lurking in the back ground of your MD for a while now and I figure it's time to jump out.
Your waterfalls look very nice, especially the close ups and I would hope that you could challenge in the SC4 Picture Contest when the chance comes up.  I really think you would do well.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

NASCAR_Guy

I'm very impressed. It reminds me of West Virginia,but with out the hillbillies. :P
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

Lilojame

Hi all! I am sorry for this "late" post from me but I have to deal with some serious RL things beside playing SC4 and making MD... but I am very sure that you all understand that.
So today I shall first to some "personal responses" to those of you who are so nice to comment in here and after that I have for you a tiny teaser...

sim-al2 :Hi there! Thanks for leaving comment. To tell you the truths, I wonder how the region will look when is finished also.  ;D Meaning that I dont make plans but rather go where my imagination takes me. Hope to see you here again!

kimcar :Hello! Thank you very much!   ()stsfd() But yes, I do have my weak spots and that is mostly "laying trynsportations" wich I also find one of most important features; but hopefully I will get a hang of that in future.  :-[ Hope you shall visit RF again!

art128 :Hi! Why thank you, I am honnored, my friend! Hope to see you here again!

Simpson :Hello! Thank you very much! Hopefully you shall think the same of things that are yet to come.  ;) Hope to see you in here again!

Pat :Hi! Thank you! I hope you shall travel to RF again!

Jmouse :Hi Joan! Thank you very very much! I am using Italian Terrain mod wich I simply adore and as for three controler I have also Italia River tree controler instaled but I actualy dont use the "god mode trees planting" so I plant the trees from the mayor mode of gameplay. Hope to see you here again!

thundercrack83 :Hi Dustin! Thank you very much! Hopefuly I will be able to buy new and stronger PC after New Year so that I will be able to do more waterfalls... (Santa... do you hear me?!  :D) Hope that you will stop by again!

rooker1 :Hi Robin! I am glad to know that you have been lurking around and even more glad for you to jump out from the shadows! Thank you very much for a nice comment! As for the SC4 Picture Contest, if anybody would wish to use any of the pictures from this MD he/she can do that freely. I believe I have a healthy measure of vanity in me but not enaugh to put my own thingies to a challeng. ;) Hope to hear from you again!

NASCAR_Guy : Hi there! I am glad that I managed to impress you! Hmm, I never was in West Virginia but now I am curious so I shall google it up. BTW. May I ask what "hillbillies" are? (my english is at best medicore) Hope to see you here again!

For todays teaser I dont have an in-game picture due to the fact I didnt had time to play yesterday or today yet due to RL and due to the fact that I had to arrange and compress my plugins folder (YEY for the DataPacker!). But a teaser is here neverthless and the update shall be posted preaty soon.!

Thank you very much for visiting! And thank you for you comments wich give a mind a reason for flight!

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

art128

that teaser look good my friend, Can't wait to see the update !
Arthur

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

Lilojame I am back and daaaaaaaaaang that is wicked teaser none the less wow!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie