• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Holland - N268 Reconstruction intersection ring road Boxtel

Started by Paul 999, May 14, 2010, 07:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul 999

The A10 in Tilburg has been recently widened to 4x2 lanes. The A10 outside Tilburg had only 2x3 lanes. This created a new bottleneck in the road network. The A10 outside Tilburg is now also expand to 2x4 lanes. The junction with the N14 has been upgraded also on one side of the junction is a parallel lane make whit a new intersection.

We start this update at the A10 in Tilburg, after the 4x2 section whit the tunnel. The parallel lane to the junction whit the N14 start here (on the top of the picture, on the right) only one side of the junction have a parallel lane.

The tunnel under the HSR rail is also widened whit a extra tube for the parallel lanes.

We see here the viaduct of the N14. Now can you see why there is build only one parallel lane, there is no room for a parallel lane on the other side. The viaduct is to narrow.

The new intersection, this relief the traffic on the N14. Because the traffic to the village have no longer cross the N14. The N14 is a very busy road so all the traffic that no more need to cross the intersection is a huge improvement.

Before was here the intersection to the village, this one is removed.

On this intersection is a new connector made to the village.

Back to the A10, around the new intersection.

Here you see a new intersection, and a new viaduct. This viaduct is also build for slow traffic that not longer can ride on the N14 because that road have a motorway status now. The new intersection is very popular as you can see, i don't understand exactly why.

The widening ends at the biggest junction of the region. The junction connects the A4, A10 and A12.

And a overview, the industries on the right are expanded also (not very special).

Comments are always welcome!

Flatron

Your transport system may be a little bit overengineered, but hey: it looks great! :thumbsup:

kelis

I really love your transport system, it looks so amazing, very realistic my friend  :thumbsup: !!  Another thing that I like so much are those little ponds between the office buildings, I can feel our dear Holland in your pictures  ;D

Greetings Paul
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

sim_link

Superb use of the RHW - the highway looks stunning. The interchange looks like it gets a bit of use, as well. :P Nice work!  :thumbsup:

Paul 999

Soon i will start whit a new region thats made by dobdriver, Den Bosch (region North- and Central Brabant) http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2782

But first i will look back whit you on my oldest work, before i use the RHW.

This is a great stack- junction, i hope that i can make some thing whit the RHW soon.

There are still some updates left of the New Holland region:
- N268 intersection upgrade at the amusement park;
- N15 (Tilburg - East to Belgium) diversion and upgrade to a motorway 2x1 lane.

Soon i will show some pictures of the new region. Comments are always welcome!

RickD

Nice retro update. A new region with room for even more highways? Nice.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Paul 999

Today we look at the N15. The N15 starts at Tilburg, cross the A28 and ends at Belgium. This road will be upgraded to a motorway whit 2x1 lanes on the section off the A28 to Belgium. The first phase see we in this update, the roundabout will be upgrade to a separated floor intersection. In phase 2, will the N15 diverted around Hilvarenbeek. The construction of phase two is also started.

We start whit the before situation, the roundabout will be removed.

The construction of the new viaduct.

And the final situation, a compact separated floor intersection for the N15.

Here we see the temporary end of the separated lanes, phase two connects here.

The current N15 be very close to the buildings. The new N15 will be further north.

You can already see the ground for the new N15 (phase 2).

Overview of the N15 upgrade project. Red is the new N15. Blue is the new underlaying network road.

jmyers2043

I enjoyed looking through the screen grabs. I like the roundabout with the painted markings and flowers. I was just in Europe and saw a lot of similar roundabouts.

-Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

vortext

You make using the RHW look so easy  :'(  :D

This interchange in particular is just stunning.  &apls

Looking forward to the new region.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Paul 999

Thanks for the comments. That junction find I the best I've ever made, it is a very complex and busy junction. Before this upgrade it was a normal cloverleaf whit traffic jams in a the connectors.

Today a new update, phase 2 of the new N15 is opened. This section have a new route, the old route through the town will be degraded. The new part of the N15 start at the roundabout junction whit the A28 motorway to Germany.

A new industrial area is made at the north side of the new N15(on the right).

Some new office buildings, there can more offices built. But by the crisis, there are no buyers for a the new m2.

The only ground floor intersection at the upgrade part of the N15. In the future, this could easily be upgraded to a separated floor intersection. A half- cloverleaf can be build be removed the farm.

New shopping area and a fast food restaurant at the old route off the N15.

A tortuous route.

And we arrived at the intersection from the last update.

Overview.

Hilvarenbeek have a nice bypass whit the new N15.

2x1 autoweg (motorway) in the Netherlands
This new N15 whit 2x1 separated lanes looks maybe strange to you. Unfortunately this type of road is no longer strange in the Netherlands. On many 2x1 roads we have a total overtaking ban (also on straight section). You can understand that this not help, many drivers ignore this stupid rule. So there is something new came up a 2x1 road whit a central barrier and separated lanes.

The new N23 at Flevoland is the first new road that is build on this type. Here some pictures made by Chriszwolle at Wegenforum.nl

N23-30-04-2012-6 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

N23-30-04-2012-37 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

N23-24-03-2012-7 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr
More pictures of this special road can you find here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chriszwolle/sets/72157623547087882/with/7128342367/

Some political people are excited a political group at Zealand want that all the 2x1 motorways will be rebuild whit this standard.

My opine, a 2x1 motorway whit separated lanes can be good at intersections or at curves. But not on straight sections, as we do it now. Driving on this road is very annoying, some people before you will not drive the speed limit off 100 km/hour. Then you ride for miles behind a slow driver what create a train of vehicles.

RickD

Hmm, interesting idea with the separated 2x1 road. I would say, it could actually be a good idea, if there are frequent passing sections, where a passing lane is added. If not, I would hate to be stuck behind a truck or some slowpoke there.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

riiga

Interesting concept, but it seems like a great waste of space, unless the intention is to upgrade it to full motorway (2+2 lanes) in the next years. Personally, I prefer the Swedish solution of building 2+1 lanes, the innermost lane alternating so that people can pass every now and then.

Nice update nevertheless!  :)

wallasey

Fantastic update there, and great usage of the RHW tools too!

Got to say from a UK POV (which can be unorthodox to our EU neighbors) that new type of road looks strange....it's a good job there are now kerb stones along the edge of the road, I can see drivers stuck behind a truck thinking "screw this" and fly down the verge!

It would be interesting to see if accidents are reduced in comparison to a conventional highway.

Flatron

Nice Update!
As I remember from driving-school(OH how I liked driving a bmw 1er :)), In germany, you're allowed to drive as fast as you want on these 2x1 roads ;D (if there's no sign indicating a speed limit)... You may not be able to do so if there's a tractor in front of you, but who cares :)

Paul 999

Thanks for the comments, i will tell you now something more about the N23 at the real Netherlands.

The east-west connections in north-central Netherlands are less well developed than elsewhere. To the south are the A1/A28 major routes in the north of the A7. Between them are not high quality east-west connections, which have a patchwork of design standards. The new N23 will make this connection faster and safer, by applying current path of modern features, higher speed limits, and cropped to the route shorter. The work will be done in phases, partly in anticipation of making available the necessary grant. In particular, the blanking Lelystad and the tunnel at the Roggebotsluis expected to be realized until after 2020.

Map off the N23 project:
- Blue = Almost all existing roads whit have a other N number now
- Red = The new 2x1 lanes section whit separated lanes

The existing roads getting a upgrade and at some sections the will add lanes and make separated floor intersections. It is unknown off these roads will be renumbered to N23 after the works.
Location at Google Maps

Quote from: RickD on August 10, 2012, 05:10:12 AM
Hmm, interesting idea with the separated 2x1 road. I would say, it could actually be a good idea, if there are frequent passing sections, where a passing lane is added. If not, I would hate to be stuck behind a truck or some slowpoke there.

At the new section of the N23 are no passing sections. On the old parts, current N307 are some passing section but the are very small. And at the current N302 you are allows to pass at the straight sections.

Quote from: riiga on August 10, 2012, 07:17:52 AM
Interesting concept, but it seems like a great waste of space, unless the intention is to upgrade it to full motorway (2+2 lanes) in the next years. Personally, I prefer the Swedish solution of building 2+1 lanes, the innermost lane alternating so that people can pass every now and then.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1d/MMLNorr1.JPG/800px-MMLNorr1.JPG

Nice update nevertheless!  :)

It is unknown off this new part of the N23 will be upgrade to 2x2 lanes in the near further. The viaducts have space reservation the make 2x2 whiteout the emergency lane.

The 2x1+1 road's have we too, and other country's also. It is also my prefer. I don't now why this is not made at this new section of the N23.

Quote from: wallasey on August 10, 2012, 10:01:42 AM
Fantastic update there, and great usage of the RHW tools too!

Got to say from a UK POV (which can be unorthodox to our EU neighbors) that new type of road looks strange....it's a good job there are now kerb stones along the edge of the road, I can see drivers stuck behind a truck thinking "screw this" and fly down the verge!

It would be interesting to see if accidents are reduced in comparison to a conventional highway.

That stones are required because the max speed is 100 km/hour and there are no emergency lanes. The stones are not intended to make overtakes. There are no statistics of accidents on this type off roads now. There is still a disadvantage to this type of road. I (and other people) think that driver did not use this new road and still use the old routes. The road is very quiet, while the old part towards the N50 / A50 is very busy.

Quote from: Flatron on August 10, 2012, 01:36:27 PM
Nice Update!
As I remember from driving-school(OH how I liked driving a bmw 1er :)), In germany, you're allowed to drive as fast as you want on these 2x1 roads ;D (if there's no sign indicating a speed limit)... You may not be able to do so if there's a tractor in front of you, but who cares :)

I love Germany, also on the Autobahn! This vacation i have drive on many motorway's in Germany and it was lovely to just be able to drive how fast as you think you can drive. Unfortunately, some routes exist only out construction works at this time.

The N23 have a speed limit off 100 km/hour, tractors or other slow traffic are not allowed. This section is a Autoweg (motorway).

Schulmanator

Well done! Great work on detail and realism. No wonder this is OSITM!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Paul 999

There has been some time between, but here is another update. This time we take a look at the N269 ring road Boxtel and access road to the amusement park. In recent years the amusement park has grown rapidly. There are many more visitors over the floor that before. Something must be done to the poor infrastructure in the parking lot and access road. Today we look at the current situation of the infrastructure and the amusement park.

The N268 after the junction whit the A12 motorway. A lot of hotels are build in this area of the amusement park.

Back to the N268, this intersection it the bottleneck. This intersection will be replaced in an unspecified reconstruction soon.

The parking space is to small for all the visitors at the amusement park.

Overview of Boxtel, at the left you see the A12. And at the right you see the A13 toll motorway. And at the bottom the mega motorway A4.

Comments are always welcome. Soon i will give a update whit the reconstruction of the intersection at the amusement park.

Schulmanator

Sweet! I am ready to go have some fun there!  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

clemenclm2001

OHHHHH one amusement park is very nice and I'm happy because you have done it. There are very few amusements parks in sc4. But in the other hand I'm sorry for say you that my theme park is better  $%Grinno$% Have you seen it?

About your amazing highways I like them a lot. I think they are very realistic but I can see a problem... I would like to see a lot of cars in your highways, I think they are a little empty.

Congratulations for your work

noahclem

As always great work with the highways and rails  &apls  Really nice amusement park as well  :thumbsup: