• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

Hey Dustin, you really made "Enter the Dragon" here!  :D :thumbsup:

Both your awards are very well deserved, and I hope you will not underappreciate your playing skills anymore!  :D

But the most important thing is you made a really interesting and creative MD, and I think it's not only a pleasure for your viewers, but a joy for you too - and I knew that it's a joy when I (and some others) suggested you to start the MD adventure  ;)

Wow, 31 pictures - the first one is very good, I will wait for next ones!

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

dsrwhat316

Congrats, Dustin, on both your OSITM and your MD Award  :thumbsup: &apls &apls!

So every day we'll see something different? A fitting task for OSITM. Everything looks nice and clean, I look forward to more!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Lilojame

Hey Dustin!

Thanks and congrats on being in OSITM!!!  &apls Lovely picture there!

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Pat

Dustin no problem at all, in response to your replies to me!!! Hey I love that new pic and your 31 days of OSITM Pic is stunning!!! Of course now there is 30 to go and I will be in everyday to support you my friend!!!  &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Congrats my friend.  I feel like I keep saying this to everyone recently.  And more so to some.  ::)  ;)
Awesome picture and I love the idea, almost like an Advent calendar.  I can't wait for the other 30 and what ever goes in between and this surprise you say you are working has me a little perplexed.  ???
I'll be watchin you this month for sure.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bluesinjid

Wow congratz again on your award in recently published and now O.S.I.M!  &apls  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

dedgren

Congratulations, thundercrack83!

The MD Section Staff*

* Actually, Dustin, it's just little old me filling in for Robin and you.  The ribbons were a bit late arriving from the printer. -DE
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

rooker1

An official Congrats now. 
It's no surprise to me that your MD found it's way into the OSITM so quickly.  Awesome pics, fantastic tutorials great terraforming all come together to make one super MD.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Heblem

Congratulations for the MD month award!!  :thumbsup:

As for the first picture of the month looks really interesting i like the fair variation of the buildings height...

JBSimio

Dustin,

As I've already said elsewhere... you of all people are to be congratulated and commended this month.  You have a Mayor's Diary that is hotter than my ex-girlfriend... you've managed to be the front person for not one, but two, large voting polls in the Picture and MD categories... you maintain the statistics for all the MDs here... you've been "promoted"... and now you're going to give us at least one picture every single day for the next month!  And I thought I was busy?!?  I appreciate all you efforts here (and for the site in general) and I'm honored to share this month with you.

Today's picture (well... yesterday's for you by now!) is a nice one.  It looks like a suburban office park... but it's hard to say for sure in such a tight shot.  Either way, the buildings go together very well.  I'm already looking forward to tomorrow's (today's?) picture!

Congratulations again, my friend!
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Jmouse

I'll add my official congratulations and heartfelt thanks, Dustin. You're largely responsible for what must be the greatest month in SC4D history, or pretty darn close. Trouble is, I don't think most folks appreciate all you do because you make everything run so smoothly. But you can be sure your hard work is noticed.

As for Marathon, I've followed it from square one and I'm firmly hooked. You have some wonderful ideas, and I'm anxious to see how all this plays out. November was fabulous, and it looks like December is going to be right up there in the clouds, too!

Later...
Joan

bat

Congratulations for being in the OSITM for December 08! &apls &apls

And the first update there on the first day is great!!
Looking forward to the next update... ;)

thundercrack83

Adam (Ennedi): Hi, Adam! I don't know about Enter the Dragon—perhaps Bloodsport, though. I'm not on that Bruce Lee level, yet, but maybe I've reached the Jean-Claude Van Damme level! Thank you so much for all your support, my friend!

Dan (dsrwhat316): It is a bit of a daunting task, I'll say! But, with a bit of planning, I think I'll be able to pull it off. And where I said "think," please read "hope!" Take care!

Karin (Lilojame): Hello, Karin! Thank you so much!

Pat: Thank you, my friend! I know you'll be here every day! In fact, I'm counting on it! Can't wait to see you here again!

Robin (rooker1): Thanks, Robin! And I forgot about the surprise—I need to get that ironed out! Thanks for stopping in, my friend!

bluesinjid: Thanks!

David (dedgren): Thanks for the ribbon, David! It's good to see you around here, and when you're giving a ribbon, well, that's even better! Hope all is well with you!

Robin (rooker1): The ribbon does make it official, doesn't it? Thanks again!

Eblem (Heblem): Thank you!

Jon (JBSimio): Thank you very much, Jon! Things have been pretty hectic for me, I'll admit. But having a touch of insomnia helps, and believe me, it's all worth it! Thanks for stopping by, my friend!

Joan (Jmouse): Thank you, Joan, I mean it. Your kind words and support mean so much to me, both here and Marathon, and everywhere else! And I'm not the only one responsible for the great things happening around here—I believe your hands have been in many a project, too! So give yourself a round of applause, my friend!

bat: Thank you, bat!

Well...

DECEMBER 2

...number two!

A proper update shall be forthcoming, I'm working on it this afternoon!

Until then, my friends, thank you for the outpouring of support and well wishes!

rooker1

WOW.... :o....
Do you really have that much traffic on your highways or are you using a trafiic generator?
Great picture my friend. 

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

art128

3 highway ? wow ! splendid downtown there Dustin, great work  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

CasperVg

Well, I've been a little hesitant from posting something here, but I must say I have enjoyed reading and watching through the work you have done and the pictures you have posted. I am not surprised to see the impressive growth your Mayor Diary has had since it has started, since, and I'm sure everyone agrees, it looks splendid.

I must say that the highway you have shown in this picture looks great, granted that it is perhaps just a tad unrealistic, due to the game's limitations. It's surroundings look great, and fit together nicely. The custom content you have chosen to use to build up this picture are tastefully correspondent, and to me exhale some sort of absolute soberness, yet, I think thanks to the colorful cars in the on the multiple motorways, the picture attracts me in a very special way, which I find hard to describe.

Greetings,
Casper

P.S.: Almost forgot about it, congratulations on the OSITM-entry and the Mayor Diary award. Both are well deserved.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

metarvo

I've heard of dual highways before, but I believe that this is the first time I have seen a triple highway used.  I look forward to seeing where that goes one of these days.  Of course, your December 1 shot is really nice.  The buildings go together quite well.  I see that you are using your OSITM time wisely.  I look forward to tomorrow's pic.  Great job, Dustin!   :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

kimcar

&apls &apls Mmm. Great teaser and congrats for thr OSITM . It`s your month Dustin  :D :thumbsup:

Pat

Hey Dustin, # 2 and waiting for number 3 lol... Liking the traffic you got there!!! I see what looks like the West End Flag if I am not mistaken?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Heblem

That highway reminds me to LA  ;D great job!