• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Additions to RTMT

Started by z, September 08, 2008, 08:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamorr

That's good to hear... I was definately wondering... :) I don't mind the long lists as I've been in the process of making my own cutsom MMLs to cut down the menus dividing them into their respective groups. I still have a long ways to go with all the content I have, like any other person. No biggy though as I enjoy making them until I reach an oddity which greuls through but gets somewhat done. Anyways thank you it is good to hear of the option still being put in. :thumbsup:
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

z

The DAMN menus are coming...

These are fully functional; I've used them to plop stations.

More details soon.  It also appears that it is possible to use the DAMN menus without having the regular assortment of popups come up.  Again, details to follow...

allan_kuan1992

The intended purpose of the RTMT family prop and single prop system is/was to customize and standardize various bus stop designs over a given area. This is done using either the option of a single-prop or prop-family system.

Although there are many bus stop models that can be used with the system, there are a few bus stop designs out there that may not have been considered for inclusion yet. I'm sort of wondering if it's possible to request their addition.

The main design in question at the moment is this modern bus stop in lower left preview picture:
BLaM Transportation Utilities

These models were recently released as well but their quality could be improved:
Sao Paulo Bus Stops

Thanks.

z

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on August 15, 2009, 04:34:21 AM
Although there are many bus stop models that can be used with the system, there are a few bus stop designs out there that may not have been considered for inclusion yet. I'm sort of wondering if it's possible to request their addition.

It most certainly is.  Those do look like interesting designs, and we'll definitely consider them.  They would appear in RTMT V4 if we decide to include them.

If you want, you could speed up the process of our including them and the likelihood that they would be included by obtaining permission from the creators to distribute their models with RTMT, and better yet, additionally getting copies of the gmax or 3ds max files and sending them to me.

allan_kuan1992

Umm... for the BLaM set the creator hasn't been on since July 2, 2007. = \

As for the other set... hmm... is it possible if the RTMT can negotiate the release of the files? I think it'd be better if someone from the RTMT handle that simply because I don't want misunderstandings to occur during the communication process, and I'm often known to (umm) confuse the people around me. =O  Also, I assume that you have a SimTrop account?

- Allan Kuan

z

We can certainly handle it - my suggestions were merely for speeding up the process, especially since "we" in this regard so often means "I".  :)

kassarc16

Great job on this projects guys. Just another great example of talented transit teams on SCD4.

A quick question, and I might have missed the answer somewhere along the lines, but what prop file (if available) get me just a simple bench for bus stops?

catty

Quote from: kassarc16 on August 17, 2009, 02:39:04 PM
A quick question, and I might have missed the answer somewhere along the lines, but what prop file (if available) get me just a simple bench for bus stops?

Currently "a simple bench" as a option for a bus stop is not available, but it was under discussion previously in this topic

Quote from: z on June 29, 2009, 04:06:14 PM
As for the stop on the right, that's an interesting idea - benches instead of shelters.  (That would probably work best in sunnier climates, such as Southern California. :))  There's no reason that couldn't be a bus stop option as well - would people be interested in that?

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

zoot

I love the idea of a simple bus stop with a sign only and a bus "shelter" stop as two seperate menu items.  Currently i use a mix for different road volumes and have to use 1x1 tiles for shelters. 

Also along the same lines a single-sided stop would be a nice addition for quiet streets and rural roads, and if u wanted it both sides u could just stagger it like the current 2x1 removing the need for that menu item.

z

I think these are both very reasonable requests; they would be best implemented in the upgrade of the RTMT customization system that's coming in RTMT V4.0.  A stop with signs only is actually easiest to implement; a bus stop with just a single shelter would be more work, as it would be an entirely new station, but if enough people wanted it, we could certainly put it in.  The SAM stations that are due out imminently use single-shelter stations for the dirt and gravel roads; it will be useful to see how people react to these.

Your idea about using these to replace the 1x2 station wouldn't work, however.  Transit stations cannot be placed directly adjacent to each other; if they are, no traffic flows between them.  This is a fundamental limitation of the game.

Shadow Assassin

Just a question... are there any pictures anywhere of the UK and DE textures for the RTMT stations? There weren't any pictures included with the 3.6 download, so I don't know what the UK and DE textures look like.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

DJPTiger

Hi, erstmal good job. But I seek the stops for the Undergound Rail, I can only find subway stops.

z

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on October 22, 2009, 04:10:49 AM
Just a question... are there any pictures anywhere of the UK and DE textures for the RTMT stations? There weren't any pictures included with the 3.6 download, so I don't know what the UK and DE textures look like.

Not right now - that's another thing I should do.  I'll have to get some screenshots made.  RTMT V3.70 will come with a full installer, which will simply be an extension of the current installer, so you'll be able to see the textures when you select them.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is just try them out.  All your existing textures will change, and this way, you can see how they work in your city.  You can just replace them if you don't like them.

Quote from: DJPTiger on October 22, 2009, 05:57:03 AM
Hi, erstmal good job. But I seek the stops for the Undergound Rail, I can only find subway stops.

Yes, the long-awaited Underground Rail stations will finally make their appearance in RTMT V3.70.

And RTMT V4.0 is still on its way - we just want to get some things out in V3.70 first.  Fortunately, V3.70 is going to be a smaller release than V3.60.  Here's what's currently planned:

• A full installer, making installation much easier.
  • Stations for underground rail.
  • Stations for NWM
  • Pedestrian bus and subway stations for the GLR transitions
  • Support for all the standard RTMT languages in the DAMN menus

tamorr

I was wondering about that.... the underground stations.....

I did have a question though.... Does this mean I'd have to install 3.51 with the patch and then 3.6 and when 3.7 comes out install that onto the current?
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
"Patience is a virtue."

z

No; V3.51 is officially obsolete, and is even locked on the LEX.  All you need now is V3.50 and V3.60, although it doesn't hut if you've already installed V3.51.  When V3.70 comes out, it will replace everything that has gone before it (in a completely compatible way, of course).

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: z on October 22, 2009, 01:03:51 PM
Not right now - that's another thing I should do.  I'll have to get some screenshots made.  RTMT V3.70 will come with a full installer, which will simply be an extension of the current installer, so you'll be able to see the textures when you select them.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is just try them out.  All your existing textures will change, and this way, you can see how they work in your city.  You can just replace them if you don't like them.

Cool, cool. I'm just taking a look through them. I may actually make custom textures, though.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

tamorr

Thanks that clears it up a bit.... Actually I have many version of the RTMT, well 3 versions... Not installed of course, as I haven't got that far in my re-instalation... V2.0 which is useless, the 3.5 & 3.51 patch.... I haven't had a chance to DL the 3.6 but will when I have more time... Unless 3.7 comes out... then it wouldn't matter.

I think I fully understand now, and thanks again... :)
"Patience is a virtue."

z

Just to clarify - When V3.70 comes out, it will superseded all the previous V3 releases.  But the V2 release is a completely independent plugin, and will be unaffected.  Personally, I'd recommend upgrading V2 stations to V3; this has to be done manually.

tamorr

Really I didn't know v2 was independant.... Not sure how I would update those stations, as I would be more liable to use the v3 series... I haven't used v2 in quite some time... and don't even remember what that version actually looks like it's been so long, but I have the download anyhow. I like to back-up things, even if it is older version, at least it would be in an historical arhive per say.. :)

Yeah and that is what I figured you meant by 3.7 in your last post, but thanks for the conformation. :)
"Patience is a virtue."

Gaston

Do you have to use DAMN ?   I have been trying for some time now to get DAMN to work but no such luck.   I'd like to use the new stuff (RTMT) but don't wanna use DAMN. 

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09