• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nightlights just don't work

Started by powerpill-pacman, July 02, 2007, 08:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

powerpill-pacman

Hello,
Nightlights again. I recently reinstalled SC Deluxe Edition and did everything necessary in order to get nightlights (Update + Bat-Update). I got no lights in the downloaded content. Then i downloaded the Texture fix from SimCiity.com and put it in my plugins-folder. Nothing changed. Do i have to put it elsewhere, will there never be light, is the world going to blow up....
Thanks in advance for any help (well, not for help with the world-blow-up-thing).

powerpill-pacman

PC and i did everything as  described in the Simptropolis-thread.

Krio

Sorry for bumbing, but IMO I can use this instead of new theard

I can't get nightlights to work, I've got all updates from offical site and still no lights in custom bats. I'm running Vista on PC.

xxdita

Same with me. Vista. Haven't found a fix yet. Have you tried Gizmo's Day/Night mod?

Krio

Nope, maybe I should test it. Maybe problem is with Vista then and nothing can be done  &mmm

Diggis

OK, are you using a disc saving devise such as an EXE crack?  If so you nitelites won't work with those.

Krio

Actually I got them work, I reinstalled all updates about 4 times and then they started to work  :-\ 

xxdita

NM. Diggis is right. I use the No-CD crack. So no nightlights for me.  :'(

City Builder

Are you using a No-CD hack?  I can't swear to it, but when I was using one of those I had no nightlights in the game.  Once I went back to using the Disk and reupdated the game I've got nightlights on custom bats.

Doh!  I just now saw that someone else confirmed that the no-cd hacks won't allow for the nightlights to work.  Im pleased that I was right in my assumption of why my nightlights didn't work and happy that I've gone back to using the disk when I wish to play which means the disk is in one of my drives 24/7  :P
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

gene1974

I encountered the same problem with custom BAT downloaded from SC4 Devotion. Only the streetlights around the building light up but the lightings inside the building, signs dun. Checked that there is no missing dependencies.

Did all the updates required during installation.  I use original disc to play the game. Please help.

:'(

Rayden

Check your game executable, if version is 1.1.638.0 or 1.1.640.0, nightlights must work. Make also sure your pick the right update of the game. SKU1 for the American versions, SKU2 for the European and SKU3 for the Asian versions, SKU4 for Chinese and SKU5 for the Japanese version.
Check this link - http://simcity.ea.com/update/index_update.php?product=EP1&x=68&y=10

Update Installation Instructions

Step 1) Download the update for your version of the game. Note that the file size for the update is 15Mb.

* For the following territories download the sku 1 update. The territories include North America, South Africa, India, Pakistan, Australia, and New Zealand.
    * For the following territories download the sku 2 update. The territories include South America, Africa (except South Africa), Europe, Russia, Mexico and Central America.
    * For the following territories download the sku 3 update. The territories include Korea, Thailand, Tawain, and (some parts of) Hong Kong.
    * For mainland China download sku 4.
    * For Japan download sku 5.

Step 2) Locate and run the update file. You do not have to have the update file in your SimCity directory in order for the update to function.

Step 3) After installing EP1 Update 1, the following files should be checked to see it they have been updated properly.  The timestamps on these files will be updated when the update runs.  All other files should not change:

SKU 1, 3, 4 & 5 updated files:
          o SimCity 4.exe should be updated to version 1.1.638.0. File size should be 8,407,514 (Deluxe) or 8,407,542 (Rush Hour)
          o Graphics Rules.sgr should be updated to 20,171 bytes
          o SimCity 1.dat should be updated to 144,596,245 bytes
          o SimCity 2.dat should be updated to 168,588,181 bytes
          o SimCity 3.dat should be updated to 115,117,583 bytes
          o SimCity 4.dat should be updated to 125,624,858 bytes

SKU2 updated files:
          o SimCity 4.exe should be updated to version 1.1.638.0. File size should be 8,407,514 (Deluxe) or 8,407,542 (Rush Hour)
          o Graphics Rules.sgr should be updated to 20,171 bytes
          o SimCity 1.dat should be updated to 144,596,245 bytes
          o SimCity 2.dat should be updated to 168,588,181 bytes
          o SimCity 3.dat should be updated to 115,117,583 bytes
          o SimCity 4.dat should be updated to 125,624,858 bytes
          o Danish\SimCityLocale.dat should be updated to 1,791,614 bytes
          o Finnish\SimCityLocale.dat should be updated to 1,790,624 bytes
          o French\SimCityLocale.dat should be updated to 1,854,415 bytes
          o German\SimCityLocale.dat should be updated to 1,845,149 bytes
          o Italian\SimCityLocale.dat should be updated to 1,852,312 bytes
          o Spanish\SimCityLocale.dat should be updated to 1,832,055 bytes
          o Swedish\SimCityLocale.dat should be updated to 1,792,859 bytes

EP1 Update 1 - Release Notes

Update: 1.1.638.0
Date: Friday, November 14, 2003
Update Size: 16Mb

Make sure you follow all the steps correctly.

SC4BOY

Just a quick note...

Be SURE that all the above COMPLETES successfully.. if you downloaded the patch (don't "run" it from ea.com) then there will be a sc4_patchlog.txt file in the same directory from which you ran the patch.. be SURE all the files were completed and processed successfully. If in the past you have changed ANY FILE FOR ANY REASON!!!! then the update WILL FAIL and you WON"T HAVE NIGHTLIGHTS (and maybe not have other things as well!).

If necessary (only if you ran the patch and the patchlog shows a failure.. DO NOT NEEDLESSLY RENAME your files!) RENAME YOUR OLD FILES and COPY THE FILES ON THE SC4 DISCS (exe from disk1 and .dat files from disk2) into your sc4 install directory (not the mydocs) into the proper folders (same as they were already in.. for example rename simcity_1.dat to simcity_1.dat.bak.. you will get a warning to ask if you want to do this.. answer YES and then copy the files from the CD's.)  ..

I cannot repeat enough that if ANY file has been modified.. cracks, or dat changes or whatever.. INCLUDING if you have permanently altered the affinity of the file to run SINGLE PROCESSOR.. it WILL NOT PATCH THE FILE..

Happy patching... and just like other things.. TRUST BUT VERIFY ... ;)

gene1974

The nighlight in the custom buildings finally works!!!!!!!! thanks guys for the advice... I think I did the wrong move by choosing auto-update from ea.com ... my copy is a european version brought online recently.

Thought I did everything correctly .... goodness me.... anyway going back to my game and have more hours of fun with SC4......

SC4BOY

And I forgot another thing.. though I'm not totally positive.. but I THINK that you have to replace any current buildings before the nightlights show up.. wish I could remember for sure..

Pat

nope you shouldnt have too... Everything should just be flipped on like a light switch lol...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

SC4BOY

Great Pat.. thanks for setting that straight..  :thumbsup:

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Exethalion

Well, thanks for the help everyone, I'm going to have to go a similar route, however I have a bigger problem. I download the update from EA, but when I try to download the BAT update for nightlight fixing, it requires a game owner's membership. Here's the catch: For some reason, my copies of SC4 AND Rush Hour aren't registering their serials. I can understand RH, I bought it second-hand, but SC4 I bought cellophane wrapped, but EA.com still says the serial either has already been registered or is invalid.

To sum it up, I cant download the bat update patch, unless I go and buy a brand new version of SC4. AND I CANT AFFORD THAT!!  :angrymore:

I also own a copy of The Sims 1, and Sims 2 university. Not sure if that'll help or not, whether I can use those serials somehow.

Any help would be vastly appreciated!

zomg92

Sorry to bump in so late but can anyone help please!!!I just downloaded the sku 1 update...And when i run it it says Missing or invalid Registry/INI entry.I click OK.After that it say a few times Old File does not exist...And then it says that it is finished and when I check the changes,nothing changed at all!!!What should I do?Should I download another sku file???PLEASE HELP ME!! &hlp