• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Nice work on the spreadsheet David. Hmm, let's hope the pace picks up slightly  ;D 

I was wondering: are you adding DIPs to these? Capacity-increasing dummy paths if you're not familiar. The 25% capacity boost (under most traffic simulators) would be nice.

buddybud

oh my! Where do i start....Great to see all this yummy awesomeness! I feel like a virtual gluten!
Cheers!

EDIT: Hey, my friend.  Fancy meeting you here.  It's so great to see you back on the forums! -de

CaptCity

Wow... Checked in to get my daily fix of 3RR awesomeness, and who do I follow... Buddybud! Another creator that has provided hours of viewing pleasure.

It's like a double dose...

Quote from: dedgren on January 25, 2012, 03:51:31 PM
I love Excel... There's a small learning curve each time MS changes its look and layout around every couple of years...

Had to chuckle reading that. For me the learning curve is sometimes not so "small"...

threestooges

If you're interested David, I'd love to see a dummy submission with the average of everyone's guesses. Always fun (perhaps if you love economics and statistics, I mean who doesn't?) to put some theories to the test.
-Matt

dedgren

And now- something completely different.

Mosaics, which originated as several 800 pixel wide pics seamlessly shown together bottom to top, have long been a staple of the MD author's trade.  These extended pics are sort of...

...ahem...

...the computer equivalent of the old Playboy magazine foldout.

...no, back in the day I just read the articles...

In a skillfully done mosaic, you just keep scrolling and scrolling as the pic gets better and better (in not so good ones it just gets longer and longer).  Well, we keep up with these things at 3RR.  Thus, I'm pleased to announce the first TTR mosaic:

That's the puzzle piece I'm working on right now.  Kind of like that Imperial Battlecruiser flying overhead at the start of the first Star Wars movie, eh?  In any event, you'll see it in the game shortly.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

rooker1

All my new cities are on hold now.

Robin ;)
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Excellent foldout, er mosaic David   :D  But I just read the post of course  ::)

mike3775

calibanX

Did you hide a bunny in it somewhere?
Where City and Country Flow Together

Battlecat

gn_leugim

Will12

I should be a regular. I predict 17 March at 12:00 pm AST. Nice work on the TTR David and will testing be happening? Love to help if need be eh? I lurked for pages and pages and now I must reply.

dedgren

I ran into an unexpected problem with TTR and STR starters that still isn't resolved.  I'm still completing puzzle pieces- here's the latest one.

This one opens the door to several more quick pieces.  You'll see those tomorrow.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

citybuilderx

Great work as usual. Your really powering through the puzzle-pieces!
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

dedgren

Company all day today.  After they left, I was able to get this in-game pic.  I now have a couple of hours to do a few more puzzle pieces, and am getting close to enough for a beta test set.

No derailments is good, eh?

UPDATE: 

..an' another one down, another one down
another one bites the dust...ah...

That's the small radius ortho-FARR3 curve.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

rooker1

Very, very nice.  I becoming very excited.

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Looks great David  &apls  Keep 'em coming  :thumbsup:

art128

As would say Mr. Burns from The Simpson show. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

MTT9

TTR + Queen reference??? This is way too much!!! ()stsfd() Guess i'll hve to stop lurking ::)

Matt
You can call me Matt

apeguy

Looking good so far, can't wait to see it released! ;D ;D ;D

EDIT:  Alex, I moved my post so that you could slide into the Double-0 Club with post 10,400.  Congrats, my friend! -de

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy