• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Söderland, a skandinavian region

Started by Flatron, January 02, 2012, 05:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

Ah, the famous Hanseatisk-Söderlandiska BankensCompagnie.  $%Grinno$%
Sometimes you have to be creativ when the logos on a bat don't fit in your MD. Well done.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

noahclem

Excellent work again  &apls  You really do a nice job creating attractive city scenes. Is that "green" building one of Terring's simmars relots? It looks really good.

The count-down to the Best Sellers begins....

carlfatal

Quote from: riiga on June 24, 2012, 08:13:52 AM
Smörjfett-lambda  $%Grinno$%
Jep, wonderful! But i only would use this paper to wrap fish in...  $%Grinno$%
Cool update, i like Your style!  :thumbsup:
Greetz, Carl

nbvc

Great work. Nice city and waterfront.

Flatron

Hej allihopa!
@riiga&co:  ;D ;D ;D ;D
@noahclem: This is apilitalo (or sth.similar) by prepo.
@all: Tak så mycket! thank you!
Update15: Back to the countryside

15.1This is Halmstad(or better: a small part of the old town)

15.2: a small island in the lake on whose shore the town is built.

15.3: An overview of the lakes southern half.
By the way, I still need a name for the lake as I wasn't that creative today ;D
There is an Update focused on the town to be expected....

So I hope you liked it and say ciao ragazzi* ;D!

*for the not so smart guys: that's italian, not swedish ;D ;D ;D

kelis

I like so much this little island, very realistic !! Keep up the good work  &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

riiga

noahclem

Looks great  &apls  I love the winding road, the town built almost into the rocks, and the nice little island. I'll avoid suggesting  name since I just got one  ;)  Though if no one else does I certainly have an idea....

Ciao!

Swesim

This was one really interesting MD to follow in the future, as I am swedish myself I have some reference to RL names and scenes, so I really mean it as a compliment.
Your wooden houses look great, I´ll head straight over to STEX to get them... :)
However I am curious as to what BATs You have used for the lower blocks in the Forsnäs update (the grey ones).
Keep up Your good work, it´s fantastic to see how popular and influential we Swedes seem to be (two swedishinspired MDs in the recents at the same time)...
//Fredrik

noahclem

Thanks for the answer--I would never have guessed prepo  :D

Great update with a lovely village, island, and country scene  &apls

Dantes

I love this Feeling, i read yet Astrid Lindgrin "Michel from Löneberga"  :P

Flatron

Update16:Jönköping, Gamla Stan(old town)

Now i finally found a way to build Jönköpings old town center. First I thought about some kind of 17th century-esque rectangular town, but this didn't reflect the historical importance I wanted the city to have... So I chose oddfromswedens great Stockholm set.

~~*~~~~*replies*~~~~*~~
@Kelis: Thank you very much! :)
@riiga: I'll try to do so  :)
@noah:  ^_^ thanks....
@Swesim: Well, I can only speak for myself, but Sweden is so fascinating for me and I also like your crime novelists. I especially liked the  millenium trilogy :) The blocks I used are Chruschchowkas by Sfbt (can be found on the LEX)
@Dantes: That reminds of how much I used to love "Karlsson on the roof" when I was younger....(penthouse ;D)

RickD

Ahh, Karlsson vom Dach, Michel von Lönneberga, Pipi Langstrumpf, Wir Kinder aus Bullerbü ... my dad used to read those books to us before bedtime. I guess this is why 90% of my furniture is from ikea now. Very clever marketing strategy.  $%Grinno$%

And  I like your new picture, of course.  :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

riiga

Only thing missing would be some ugly buildings from the 60s replacing half of the old town.  :P

Quote from: RickD on August 10, 2012, 04:18:32 PM
Ahh, Karlsson vom Dach, Michel von Lönneberga, Pipi Langstrumpf, Wir Kinder aus Bullerbü ... my dad used to read those books to us before bedtime. I guess this is why 90% of my furniture is from ikea now. Very clever marketing strategy.  $%Grinno$%
It seems like Astrid Lindgren (and other Swedish authors) are very popular in Germany. Any idea why that may be? Of course, she's popular here as well. My grandmother used to read Emil i Lönneberga for me.

Flatron

I guess this is because many germans see sweden as the "better Germany", with your beautiful landscapes, the welfare state(and for some people: Snus ;D(personally I find it ugly,especially if girls take it... , but everybody as he/she wants))
Söderland by the way depicts a more idyllic version of sweden... ;D 
Edit: Here's a new Overview:

sim_link

Love the contrast of the old and the new, especially the Ferris wheel next to the large office building.

riiga

noahclem

nbvc

Great work on the overview and the previous update. &apls

Swesim

It´s always nice to see an overview although I like detailed shots better.

Germany is very popular in Sweden when it comes to buying alcohol, we have organized trips with buses leaving Sweden every day packed with people who´s only purpose is to buy as much beer as they can possibly carry...  :D
Astrid Lindgren´s success is likely because she writes in such a way that the children recognize themselves and the world they live in.
My personal favourite is Saltkråkan, but my daughter is more fond of Madicken and Bullerbyn...