• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Software "Fraps" (video capture) - Bugs FPS (RESOLVED)

Started by 000, July 16, 2016, 05:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello everyone,

I need your help. After my video Courtey I uninstall video capture software (Fraps) because even arrested, he continued to show FPS in my games and rallentissait games.
I uninstall it from the Control Panel ("Uninstall or change a program"). The problem continuous,  FPS occur and if I leave SC4 to come to the office (without leaving the game, just by pressing the bouton "Windows"), and I come back in the game, SC4 bug completely ...

After that, I searching the internet of solutions, I made two new handling:
- Go to the Local Disk (C:), and search "Fraps". I found some files, including 2 dll files. I've deleted. But the problem is still there, the FPS is displayed and bug my game if I come back in. Then the other manipulation:
- Delete the remaining files from in the "Registry" (Start Menu <Run <Enter "regedit" <and click OK).

I deleted a dozen files concerning Fraps with this manipulation. But the problem is still not resolved, the FPS still posters, and the game bug when I come back to play.

I am now in a dead end, how can I solve the problem? ()what()

Thank you in advance for your help! :)

I put the translation into French too, because I do not think that English is very fair.

Bonjour à tous

J'ai besoin de votre aide. Après avoir fait ma vidéo de Courtey, j'ai désinstaller le logiciel de capture vidéo (Fraps) car même arrêté, il continuait d'afficher les FPS dans mes jeux et il rallentissait les jeux.
Je l'ai désinstaller à partir du panneau de configuration ("Désinstaller ou modifier un programme"). Le problème, les FPS continus de s'afficher et si je quitte SC4 pour venir au bureau (sans quitter le jeu, juste en appuyant la touche "Windows"), et que je reviens dans le jeu, SC4 bug complétement...

J'ai fais des recherches sur internet, après cela, j'ai fais deux nouvelles manipulation:
- Aller dans le disque local (C:), et effectuer une recherche "Fraps". J'ai trouvé quelques fichiers dont 2 fichiers dll. , je les ai supprimés. Mais le problème est toujours là, les FPS s'affiche et mon jeu bug si je reviens dedans. Alors l'autre manipulation:
- Supprimer les fichiers restants depuis la "base de registre" (Menu démarrer < Exécuter < Saisir REGEDIT < puis cliquer sur OK).

J'ai supprimé une dizaine de fichiers concernant Fraps grâce à cette dernière mnipulation. Mais le problème n'est toujours pas résolu, les FPS s'affiches toujours, et le jeu bug quand je reviens pour y jouer.

Je suis maintenant dans une impasse, comment puis-je résoudre le problème? ()what()

Merci d'avance pour votre aide! :)

Hello everyone,
The problem is solved for FPS. But not for the bug screen that jerk (is that the GeForce Experience is activated alone)... I made a little video just to show what the bug looks like. I do not know where it comes from. I hope you have some idea of the problem! :)

YouTube

kbieniu7

Hmm... I do not have much more ideas, than the ones I've already told you, but for me it seems like a problem connected with graphic card? Try to switch SimCity into software renderenig and see, if it still happening?

J'ai pas d'idées plus que je t'ai déjà dit, mais à mon avis il a l'air comme un problème avec la carte graphique? Esseye changer le rendu de matériel à logiciel et vois si ça se toujours passe?
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

mgb204

If the problem only affects the region view, I would not switch to software rending. If the bug wasn't present with a previous driver revision, I wouldn't switch to software rendering. Software rendering is not a fix, it's a last resort compatibility mode that you really only want to use if you've exhausted every other possibility first.

kbieniu7

Yes, I know. I wouldn't recommend playing the game with software rendering. I would just check, does the bug occurs with software rendering too. Maybe that could give a little more knowledge about its nature.
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Hello everyone,

I come back with good news. The game works perfectly again, the bug disappeared...  $%Grinno$% The problem was the resolution of the screen to my amazement. Always I play SC4 on this PC for a resolution of 1600x1200x32, but I for some reason, the last few days it was not working.

So I uninstalled installed again, and when I came in the game with no mod and no change is that I've realized that this was the resolution.

So I changed the resolution to put to the same as that of my screen: 1920x1080x32!

The computer always surprise me, everything works, and once for some reason, nothing will... :-\
I can then continue using Fraps software! ;D