• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Oh! So it's illegal to post a video of a game, which includes a mod of it. But it's not illegal to mod the game???

This makes no sense, his account was suspended.

And I think I lost all the progress I made with rewriting HSRP, but we'll see.

Tarkus

Quote from: Jonathan on February 06, 2010, 10:21:09 AM
Oh! So it's illegal to post a video of a game, which includes a mod of it. But it's not illegal to mod the game???

This makes no sense, his account was suspended.

The situation with Erwin's YouTube account is complicated and unfortunate.  I won't go into details (in part because I don't have all the details), but from what I do know, it has nothing to do with the SC4 content presented.  It's perfectly safe to have an HSR tutorial on YouTube.

-Alex

Haljackey

Quote from: Tarkus on February 06, 2010, 01:14:58 PM
The situation with Erwin's YouTube account is complicated and unfortunate. 

...from what I do know, it has nothing to do with the SC4 content presented.  It's perfectly safe to have an HSR tutorial on YouTube.

Correct.  There's no issue with the video tutorial itself, but with the account.  I'll see if I can talk to Erwin and find out if he has a backup copy of the HSR tutorial and upload it on my account.  If not, then another one needs to be made to replace it.

I haven't made SC4 videos in a long time, not to mention using the HSR mod, but who knows what will happen.

Anyways to get back on topic, amazing development as always Jonathan!  Keep at it!  :thumbsup:
-Haljackey

alfadriver12345

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your help & input to solving my problem with HSRP bridges.As a self confessed SC4 addict I can usually sort most of my game problems by myself,but occasionally i need the help of a higher power. Thankyou choco,jonathan and everyone else for your help :thumbsup: &apls.I removed the bridges you stated from my NAM folder & the HSRP bridges now work in game!!!!! Once again many thanks for your help ;D.Cheers from Nigel

woodfog

Sorry, I'm new here. but how to download the setup files

dragonshardz

You need to make a separate account for the LEX, then you will be able to see the download links.

running naked in the snow

Ive converted some tracks in old stations into GHSR; but I would like to at least know the path needed to bring the trains down to GHSR level once it enters the station. I m using SC4Tool, so any instructions would be helpful.

For those who were wondering, I'm converting Gard Du Nord into a 2 -track GHSR one side plus a track of GLR; on the other side so it ll be helpful for me to figure this out.

Andreas

You need to switch SC4Tool's TE Editor to "Expert" mode, then you should see an input box for "REP16" - this holds the ID of the path file if you transit enable a tile with some "non standard" setup. Just have a look at one of the existing stations where a tile has the same orientation and copy the ID from there.
Andreas

choco

strucka

Great Idea! I'd love to see that. Will you upload it to LEX?

running naked in the snow

Quote from: Andreas on February 11, 2010, 04:06:51 AM
You need to switch SC4Tool's TE Editor to "Expert" mode, then you should see an input box for "REP16" - this holds the ID of the path file if you transit enable a tile with some "non standard" setup. Just have a look at one of the existing stations where a tile has the same orientation and copy the ID from there.

Allright, thanks. Ill give it a try.

Quote from: choco on February 11, 2010, 05:47:05 AM
this may help

HSR Stations Essentials
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=19828

Already got it-- its quite valuable.

Edit: Programmed it, but tested in-game was an abysmal failure. I cannot drag monorail down the tracks like you do with the regular tracks; and it will not connect to the monorail. Any suggestions regarding this? My level of expertise is lacking regarding sc4tool-- is there any live chat I can participate in and discuss this?

Haljackey

Look what's back...   ::)

http://www.youtube.com/v/nEtQ0B-xdxg&=22&ap=%2526fmt%3D22
direct link

A big thanks to ErwinNegentig for allowing me to re-upload it.

Feel free to add it back to the sticky post Jonathan!

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Hey guys this project has been very quiet . Anything new?
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Jonathan

New on the inside but nothing new on the outside. Basically redoing all the RULs (I've learnt a lot since I started HSRP) to make it stabler, easier to use and expandable for the future. But there's nothing to show in game because it all looks exactly the same.

But work has been slow because I've been doing a bit of STR, a bit of HSRP, whilst also having to write an English essay and complete my IT coursework, as well as going to stay with family for 2 days, and my Nan coming over from South Africa. So things are kind of busy. And I've just bought Sins of a solar empire:Diplomacy to take up more time :)

So I'll try and get the HSR RULs finished but it's pretty hectic atm.

Jonathan

Jonathan

Looking through my old hard drive I found my 2 old files which enabled the preview for HSRP. Currently when you drag HSRP you get a solid yellow/gold tile which is not helpful in showing you what is going to placed. So these 2 files (one for HSR and one for GHSR) adds the previews in so you can see what is going to placed before you place them.

(The "chips" in the diagonal preview can't be helped)
This will be a forum only update as I'm planning for a proper LEX/STEX non-RUL update, so mostly cosmetic, including the new textures by Vershner(that he made quite a while ago but I don't think ever saw release) and getting rid of the blue side barriers on GHSR, both of which will be optional. If everything goes to plan in RL that cosmetic update will be not this weekend, probably not the next weekend but the hopefully the weekend after that.

The Update is attached to this post.

Jonathan

danny2oo932

Hi all. I'm back to simcity 4.. i started play simcity ago 4 years and i stopped playing in 2008. Now i'm back and when i wanted to download simcity 4 i discovered sc4devotion with verry much addons for simcity.. wich is a new thing for me.. in 2008 i didn't know we can add adons to simcity. Good job dudes.. you are amazing. Now.. about the HSRP.. i wanted to make a city in wich i needed a high speed train line in the middle of the city to go to the other city in short time. I downloaded the High Speed Rail, followed all steps but i have a problem.. Why its called High Speed Rail when it dont have high speed? Or i missed a download?:D Please tell me what i need to do to have high speed. Thanks and again.. good job with all the addons and good luck with the High Speed Rail Project.

z

It does have high speed - what makes you think that it doesn't?

danny2oo932

It haves the same speed like the old train.. can u help me please?:D i want a high speed train in my city

z

Are you just looking at how fast it appears to go?  The displayed trains do not reflect the actual train speed.  The HSR goes much faster than regular trains; there's really no way that the game could malfunction so that they don't.