• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

I would guess that once we get to interfaces for the DDRHW, you'll probably end up seeing a Type A . . . both inside and outside on both decks . . . probably a Type B once we have the normal ERHW version taken care of, and when the proposed future DDRHW-8 comes to fruition, splitters into Dual DDRHW-4.  But that's probably about it.  Other ramp interface varieties are not really all that feasible.

-Alex

Exla357

Would it be feasible to make something like a RHW 6-S "Style C Wide" ramp, so that the MIS ramp ends up parallel to the RHW 4 but with 1 tile in between? This would make it easier to construct land-graded rural diamond interchanges.

-Alex

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Exla357 on June 09, 2011, 01:35:15 PM
Would it be feasible to make something like a RHW 6-S "Style C Wide" ramp, so that the MIS ramp ends up parallel to the RHW 4 but with 1 tile in between?

I've found cases where a wide version of the current C/D type ramps was needed, so I would second that request.

Wait, did you just call the RHW-4 C-Ramp a 6S Ramp? Awesome!!! :thumbsup:
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

noahclem

@ Exla357 - A solution involving fractional angle would be much more likely as well as more aesthetically pleasing for your question. Not only is it likely, but if I understand you correctly it already exists. If I don't understand you correctly than it's a piece likely area for inclusion before too long.

jdenm8

A Wide-C type exit isn't likely due to overlap with the new FARHW pieces which includes a C-like exit for RHW-6S.
This new exit is also only one tile wide, so when you plop the FAMIS to MIS transition, you'll get the one-tile gap.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

GDO29Anagram

@Noah: Then why is there still an RHW-4 A1-Wide Ramp? :P

@jdenm8 and the other Alex: This was the case I was talking about.

(Could've been a good teaser, too...)

Attempted replicating the Death50 Cloverfold using some of the new pieces, and found myself stuck with a kink. Unless the F-Ramps (or F1 Ramps) are destarterfied and even more compact, I doubt I'd be able to fit such a ramp and an Ortho MIS to FAMIS curve here.

Exla's request could best fit cases such as this, or in similar cases where there are space restrictions (Think urban environments), unless some other FA angle is used...
<INACTIVE>
-----

Tarkus

Especially in light of what Ganaram just posted, my inclination is to consider that piece for inclusion going forward.  It will most likely not be in Version 4.2, however . . . we've got enough to finish up already--some pathing, RUL stabilizing, Euro texturing, stress-testing everything, plus (at least) one more "secret weapon" already well under way.

-Alex

Exla357

Sorry, I was a little unclear.

By C ramp I meant where you have RHW 6S split into parallel RHW4 and MIS, but with a 1 tile gap between the RHW and MIS. Refer to pic below (sorry about the poor quality):

I don't think FA is what I want because in an urban setting where a freeway goes under a level surface road, the on and off ramps need to be 1 tile apart from the RHW to allow adequate grade seperation. Although this would work, something a little more compact would be better (a 2x3 footprint max, not including starters)

I hope I have made myself more clear.

-Alex

ivo_su

Another secret weapon  :o :o :o
You may not do this with us. So many secret weapons like we in the midst of the Cold War.
I wonder just RHW Will any secret weapons or can expect something surprising and NWM and TuLEP's.

Ivo

GDO29Anagram

Don't worry, Exla, I understood what you meant. :) It's just that I expanded your request further to the so-called "6S C-Ramp" (The one where it has 8S and it splits into 6S and MIS; Yours has 6S and splits into RHW4 and MIS, and is inaccurately called the "RHW-4 C-Ramp"). If your request is fulfilled, all the other ramps, like the one I brought up, will follow suit.

Better get used to it, Ivo... ;) I once used the term "Weapons of Mass Construction" on one of the forum games here. It might have some good use here as well... WMCs,... :D
<INACTIVE>
-----

Tarkus

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on June 10, 2011, 11:49:15 AM
I once used the term "Weapons of Mass Construction" on one of the forum games here. It might have some good use here as well... WMCs,... :D

I am so borrowing that for my personal text. :D

-Alex

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Ramona Brie

Another secret weapon? You guys are awesome.

ivo_su

I am a little worried but happy at the same time.
Hopefully only the development of secret weapons can not delay the completion of the NAM 30 and RHW 4.2

Ivo

Tarkus

Quote from: ivo_su on June 10, 2011, 02:59:57 PM
I am a little worried but happy at the same time.
Hopefully only the development of secret weapons can not delay the completion of the NAM 30 and RHW 4.2

The "third weapon" is already pretty far along in development.  There may be a small fourth one . . . but trust me, I want to get this stuff done and out to you guys, too. 

-Alex

ivo_su

The only thing I can tell you that Alex is support your every idea or desire but I hope everything gets faster and more thoroughly.
I never got a response that is planned "secret weapons" and "nuclear bombs"  :D to other projects of NAM.

Ivo

Ramona Brie

Quote from: Tarkus on June 10, 2011, 03:11:58 PM
The "third weapon" is already pretty far along in development.  There may be a small fourth one . . . but trust me, I want to get this stuff done and out to you guys, too. 

-Alex

And I want to be able to use it before school starts again.

Opkl

Quote from: Tracker on June 10, 2011, 04:36:28 PM
And I want to be able to use it before school starts again.

Me too. This must be the largest NAM release to date. I've been a member here since 2009 and have never seen this much action before.

Ramona Brie

RHW 4.2 should really be called 5.0 to indicate its major content additions, and then the multi-level goal could be in a future 6.0 release.

ivo_su

Inconceivable that this is the largest NAM's ever been. However, he will take the number 30 but the vast majority of nesha emblematic of NAM are a reality for quite some time. However, now new things are considerably less than the emergence of tram networks elevation of Maxi's, the creation of roundabouts, functional channels and many other things which are huge in volume and quantity.
Now it seems to me that the scale is smaller and focus on details.