• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

DJ, were you saying that you can no longer build the 1 lane Street based section in between RHW-4?

While, it allowed traffic both ways on one lane unlike the MIS, I don't know why this RHW override no longer would appear.

APSMS

It has appeared for me. I suspect you used the RHW tool to drag the intersection. I was crossing a RHW-4 with street and was unaware of this functionality. I was quite surprised (pleasantly).

In short, make sure you are using the STREET tool to draw the intersection, not the RHW tool instead.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

cmdp123789

You know... I tried it... but its not transit enabled... or Im doing something wrong... so what's the deal??

cowcorn

pierrebaptiste: for some reason your link redirects to a photo instead of the file's page.

riiga

CityMaster563

Where can I get a streetlight mod for RHW? I tried the lights and barriers mod, but RHWs still have no lights or barriers. Are there any mods available anywhere that put streetlights and/or barriers on my highways? (Don't like dark highways)
Thanks!
Coastland Region: The SC4 Story:
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/4478-coastland-region-the-sc4-
story/
The story of two major counties, Ashville and Coastland, battle out to have an individual city reach 1 million sims, but a major storm destroys one city, and a major. What will now happen?
Coming soon: SimCity 4, Full 3D Art (a museum tour)

MandelSoft

These mods are incompatible with the new RHW mod, since the IID Scheme has changed, and therefore the references of the T21 files are are broken.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Geometry123

Quote from: riiga on June 22, 2013, 08:04:23 AM
Quote from: Wiimeiser on June 22, 2013, 05:55:33 AM
Fixed. But they're both gone...
The uploads violated STEX rules.

Aaaand what's the reason why it violated the STEX rules? Was it copied from someone else? ???
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

APSMS

He included dependency packages (like BSC textures and such) in his download, which made the toll station a whopping ~150 MB in size. I think the lot file was only a few megabytes, and the thing (as far as I could tell) wasn't even transit enabled.

The file, to be honest, violated all rules of using copyrighted material as he didn't gain permission before redistributing, not just the STEX or LEX rules. I think any other Sim City website would have similar issue with the file.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

cdpferde

Sorry if i Interrupt here.

I hope i am in the right thread here  ::)

After a long break with this nice game and the really fantastic community here (Thanks for your hard work over the last years), i start to setup a new little bit more realistic region (called Bavaria - or the beer Country  ;))

However after few tests (Terrain etc.) i get a challenge with the RHW 6c Highway i try to setup a large curve (or an s-curve) with the higway (move from south to east or west) but i cant do.
I try to connect any 6c puzzle on the Picture below, but it is not possible for me. What iam doing wrong?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer  :)

MandelSoft

These pieces have no starters. These ends should be at an existing stretch of RHW-6C.

cdpferde

Thanks for the fast feedback, but sorry Mandelsoft, i am not sure i understand you right. Maybe i have an wrong thinking.

I had started with an 6 c starter then a little bit straight forward i connect to  "FARHW-6c to RHW-6c short curve" and then i connect to "FARHW-6c>RHW-6c Diagnoanl Curve Piece" and then i cant connect anymore.....

I try to Setup a large curve go from south to west or east with the RHW 6c

Or i am completely on the wrong way...., the thinking behind was to get an smooth large 6c curve ;D

MandelSoft

Unfortunately, it's very tricky to make two smooth curves of RHW-6C or 8C close to each other. There needs to be a long enough diagonal stretch to keep the override stable (note: we need to take diagonal C-network fillers)...

cdpferde

DJSun1981

I mean this crossroad:

It was build with a version before Nam 31.2 was happend:

I cant build this with Nam 31.2

Tarkus

You haven't reported a bug, you've reported a success.  The only intended MIS x MIS intersections are the Y-splits and the W-split--the particular crossing you've shown is something we didn't want people to be able to build.

-Alex

MandelSoft

On another note, what you see there is a RHW texture mod for version 4.0, Pitti's Autobahn textures, which is greatly outdated. It's highly recommended to delete that one...

Wiimeiser

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...