• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMeLots - Linking all available lots and bats

Started by RippleJet, August 14, 2007, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guidemwit

Yeah, finally I solved almost all of the brown box except this one.

It is a part of Farm named "CSX GA Farm - Grampa's Cove", problem is a building named "Grampa's old grain mill".

Can someone help me point out what file i need.

Or I should bulldoze it and delete Grampa's Lot file.

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

guidemwit

Jonathan

I've finally got around to downloading the CAM, I'm downloading all the starter packs, but if I want to download a CAMeLot from the LEX later, how do I know if it's included in the starter packs, or are none of the CAMeLots on the LEX in the Starter packs?

Jonathan

BarbyW

None of the CAMelots after the starter packs are in those packs.

RippleJet

However, a few bats that were CAMeLotted in the starter packs have later been relotted and uploaded anew.
Those should be indicated with a grey text in the tables on the first page here.

AussieDave

Just want to compliment all you guys who do these CAMeLOT on your outstanding work. CAM and NAM have made this game unbelievable. Took a while to download and install but well and truly worth it.

straha

I know this has been explained in many different ways, but I just want to make sure I am clear in my own mind.  Simply put:

I need to download the CAMeLot and extract its contents and get any listed dependencies.  If there is a seperate link for downloading the model, I need to download the file and extract only the model or dat file, and ignore any other files in the package, including any listed dependencies.

Is that correct?

Also, thank you so much for all the work you put into this.  I know some have complained about the amount of work it takes to get all the files, and all of the dependencies, and I have to admit that I have felt a bit frustrated too, but then I think about the amount of work you have done to make all this work, and it is just amazing.  What we as users of this great custom content have to do is nothing compared to what you as producers do.  Thank you!
- Straha, the Bard of Hackney

0rion79

Hello: I have a very important question and I hope that you can answer me quickly.
As some of you already know, I'm trying to dat-pack my game but I've seen that I'm carrying back some mistake from previous configuration. Especially, I have seen that some industries are not growing as they should.
Look here:

Do you think that re-downloading the whole cam-e-lots about industry could fix the problem?
Also, can you guess if I do need only the basic files or also dependencies?
And, more important over all, i remember that I did such a mess of editing some files with SCTools, that caused the mistake that you can see, because there were some lots that I didn't like at all, as the cannabis plants or other "funny" industry that really goes against my sense of humor. How can I avoid them? Thank you a lot!!

RippleJet

I have absolutely no idea what you might have done to have only a few props appear on an industrial lot...
Are you able to query the lot in the game at all?

Quote from: 0rion79 on May 09, 2009, 10:00:17 AM
some lots that I didn't like at all, as the cannabis plants or other "funny" industry that really goes against my sense of humor. How can I avoid them? Thank you a lot!!

Bulldoze them when they grow! :)

0rion79

Hi. RJ, nice to see you again.
Well, the point is that I DO know what I have done a lot of time ago! I remember that there were some "comic" industrial lots, as the fukitol herbal productions or something like Santa's toy production (I'm going by memory, so names may not match) that were disturbing me because I don't like that kind of humor in a game. So I remember that I did the mistake to try to get rid of them without asking for help and have deleted some PART of the files with SC4 tools, but I really can't remember what was the file.

Also, testing the game, I've seen that the game has produced one 1x2 lot and one 3x3 lot (both dirty industry, I think) where everything is missing and the only thing that grows is the building edge with the arrow pointing toward the road, like from the zone view!! It is clear that I have deleted something important but I have also re-downloaded everything suggested in the main Camelots page (http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2039.0) but nothing has changed.

So, the question is: do you remember what was the pack that contained those "comic lots"? I would like to re-download it and, please, give me the instructions to delete in the right way the "comic" industrial lots, that I don't like.

Hope you can help. I know that fixing somebodyelse mistakes is harder than preventing them :)

ScottFTL

Fukitol Pharms is in the pack SG Industrial Lots IM1 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1138 and Santa's Workshop is in SG Industrial Lots IM2 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1140.  There are also ploppable versions of both lots in the pack SG Industrial Lots Ploppables http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1141

Hope this helps...

0rion79

Yes, I hope too. Now I shall re-install the packs, but how do I delete both the plopable and growable version of those "comic" lots?

RippleJet

Quote from: 0rion79 on May 10, 2009, 09:06:24 AM
Yes, I hope too. Now I shall re-install the packs, but how do I delete both the plopable and growable version of those "comic" lots?

Edit the corresponding building exemplars for them...

For ploppables, remove the property Lot Resource Key.
For growables, remove all industrial subtypes (0x3000, 0x3001, 0x3002) from the property OccupantGroups.

0rion79

Quote from: RippleJet on May 11, 2009, 06:53:06 AM
Edit the corresponding building exemplars for them...

For ploppables, remove the property Lot Resource Key.
For growables, remove all industrial subtypes (0x3000, 0x3001, 0x3002) from the property OccupantGroups.

Hm... I had a very intense working week, so I'm experimenting during week-end. I have tried to do as you suggest and things look better now, but I'm still having troubles with the Pirate Rhum Distillery: it is a growable but I can't see the OccupantGroups property. I'm using SC4Tools, and I should expect to find it under the main  "Building" tree. What, instead, if I just delete the voice inside the Lot tree?? Thank you a lot, now I feel that I'm almost ready to play without any more "bad" surprices.

PS: is there any cheat or strategy that allows me to see if I'm missing any dependency before dat-packing??

allan_kuan1992

Lately, Bixel has been releasing BATs but I haven't seen them being converted for CAM. &mmm

The buildings in question include (sorry for the long list):

Braemer Hill Mansions
Bowen Road
Ridley Building
Kowloon Sun Tan
Orange House
King Ho
Harbour Green (both phase 1 and 2)
Shaklee Terraces
Kwai Chung Estate (Revisited)
Caribbean Coast
8 Waterloo Road

There is another BAT from SimFox called TRB Towers that I'd like to see CAMified as well.

I could for sure grow these without the CAM but the different capacities would mess up my nice pretty CAM cities... ()sad()

Thanks,

Allan Kuan

mike3775

Quote from: 0rion79 on May 16, 2009, 10:48:05 AM
PS: is there any cheat or strategy that allows me to see if I'm missing any dependency before dat-packing??

I never dat pack the NAM or CAM folders

this way if an update or big fix comes out, I can immediately place it in the right folder(I learned my lesson after Z put out a bug fix or something fro his traffic simulator in Nam)

RippleJet

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on June 06, 2009, 09:01:08 PM
Lately, Bixel has been releasing BATs but I haven't seen them being converted for CAM. &mmm

I believe most of those bats are in mega packs, ready to be uploaded, and waiting for the corresponding lots to be created... if only there were more than one Goddess...

BarbyW

The current situation with bixel's models:
Braemer Hill Mansions - not collected
Bowen Road - vol24 to be posted
Ridley Building - vol22 to be posted
Kowloon Sun Tan - vol21 to be posted
Orange House - vol19 - posted on LEX
King Ho - vol21 - to be posted
Harbour Green (both phase 1 and 2) - not collected
Shaklee Terraces - vol18 - posted on LEX
Kwai Chung Estate (Revisited) - not collected
Caribbean Coast - vol22 to be posted
8 Waterloo Road - vol17 - posted on LEX

With regard to Simfox's TRB Towers, I am still waiting for a working installer from him.

allan_kuan1992

are there corresponding building files that I can work with in those packs? I believe I have most of them... if there's a building file inside that I could use for Lot Editor it'd help tremendously.

- Allan Kuan