• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMeLots - Linking all available lots and bats

Started by RippleJet, August 14, 2007, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Maybe I can help... :)
What's the name of the station you want to mod? (the name you get when querying it in game)

gabrielbyrnei

i want to mod the regular passenger rail station that comes with SC4 and the standard monorail stations that comes alons with SC4, since the NAM doesent incluide more options hehe.

I guess making their capacity 2x should be ok, considereing the density adquired with the CAM (which is great :D )

A200

Hi
I just downloaded all the CAMelots, and all the dependencies in the other topic, and I have installed 'em all. But each different one has further dependencies, which means half my buildings are boxes... do I need to download the BAT for all as well, and then each dependency for each... if you get what I mean

xxdita

There seems to be a few different types of dependencies, for each new building, in order for everything to work the way it's supposed to.
You need the original model file, which is the actual building. With that, you'll need all of the proper textures to be able to see it the way it's meant to be. Most of these are now in Mega Texture Packs, easily available on the LEX now.
Once that is done, you have to have the lot file, which leads to more dependencies for props, custom queries, and of course CAM properties for these CAMelots. So now you may need more texture packs, a Prop MegaPack or two, the CAM essentials for the queries. Without the props, you won't see the trees that should be there, or the cars parked in front, or whatever else the lotters have worked so hard on creating.
Don't forget to get the Cleanitol program, so you can get rid of unnecessary files from the original model (like the original, dull, bland lot). If you leave these in, the buildings may, or may not grow as Stage 8's, using their original capacities, which can really screw things up.
And by the time you've gotten ALL of that, you're going to need DatPacker, to cram it all into just a handful of files, instead of the now hundreds you've just installed.
And if you want only certain buildings to grow in certain cities, then you'll need to get the PlugIns Manager.
Always read the read-me's, and keep them somewhere around, just in case there's still something missing.
And if you run into any problems, there's bound to be somebody around here that can help.

A200

HOLY @#$%

Lol ok wow thats a lot! I have downloaded and installed the list of CAMeLots found at the beginning of this thread, and have copied and pasted their dependencies in to a word format. From that I will delete all the ones I already have or are duplicated on the list...

WOW this is gonna take ages, does everyone have to do it...?

xxdita

I started with just the basic lots in the megapacks, just to give the whole CAM thing a try. Then one download lead to another, and now I'm utterly codependant. But I have to say that every new thing I download gets me excited about where I want it in my city.
Oh and don't forget to keep a running list of how big of a lot you're going to need for those Mega buildings to grow. And the CAMelot counters, so you can keep track of just how many of these CAMelots you've managed to grow. I just managed to pass 2000 CAMelots in one city.  ;D

A200

Congrats, that is quite a lot!

I just downloaded the CAM today, I am planning to start a new, good region from scratch. My previous ones err lack formality/dont look good... I have downloaded a map of Melbourne and hope to make a region on that... I'm in Brisbane but there are no good ones of Brisbane so Melb is the next best thing.

Ok back on topic, I should probably download that counter as well. I have a 8 page list of things to download (but its double spaced, so its only really 4 or 5 pages) and I am sure quite a few are duplicates. This makes me really excited :D :D :D

JoeST

I will join you in your downloadathon... I just recently deleted all my plugins so I could do with one..

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

A200

do you want me to send you a file of the dependencies and that...?

joncassino

Two parter here...

Cleanitol Conflicts

After finding and installing most CAM models I and going with the new Simgoober packages (awesome!) I have the choice of deleting SG models to satisfy his Cleanitol script of keeping them to satisfy the CAM script.  I'm running on the assumption duplicates are not a problem - is this correct or do I need to go back to the old SG files? 

Missing CAM Files

jes_HudsonGlass3-0x5ad0e817_0x12774cc5_0x30000.SC4Model - I have the model download but it is labeled 
jes_HudsonGlass3-0x5ad0e817_0x12774cc5_0x00000.SC4Model

Superstar's Citicbank Tower [Model]-0x5ad0e817_0x102a45d9_0xb0000.SC4Model  I have this lot downloaded but it is
Superstar's Citicbank Tower [Model]-0x5ad0e817_0x1305ef0d_0x30000.SC4Model

Are these typo's in the Cleanitol file?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

JC

BarbyW

Both have been reported elsewhere. I don't think there will be a problem with either but if there is just reinstate the missing model.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

joncassino

AWatkins

:o Wow, this seems a bit crazy to install completely...  Is there a single installer in the works with all the necessary files and such?  The developer in me just doesn't want to do repetitive tasks without automating them.  If there isn't an installer in the works, I can take a stab at creating one.  Are there any licensing or any other reasons to not package all this stuff up into a single install?

RippleJet

Quote from: AWatkins on December 02, 2007, 09:48:13 PM
Is there a single installer in the works with all the necessary files and such?  The developer in me just doesn't want to do repetitive tasks without automating them.  If there isn't an installer in the works, I can take a stab at creating one.  Are there any licensing or any other reasons to not package all this stuff up into a single install?

A single installer for all available CAMeLots and their dependencies would simply be far too big for a download.
And, yes, there are licensing reasons. You would have to ask each individual batter and lotter for permission.

The only feasible way of distributing them in a single installer is a dvd. And that is actually being considered... ::)

SC4BOY

When you do edits to add new lots (I assume that is what the edits are for?) please make some kind of rev note by the ADDED lot so we don't have to keep books on what is or is not changed since we last looked. Or is the master LEX DL file updated each time you make a list edit?

Thanks.. this is enough bookkeeping as it is.. :)

RippleJet

Quote from: SC4BOY on December 03, 2007, 05:32:18 PM
When you do edits to add new lots (I assume that is what the edits are for?) please make some kind of rev note by the ADDED lot so we don't have to keep books on what is or is not changed since we last looked. Or is the master LEX DL file updated each time you make a list edit?

Thanks.. this is enough bookkeeping as it is.. :)

This list is intended as a master list linking all CAMeLots and their models, especially for newcomers and those who have found brown boxes.
The best way to keep yourself up-to-date with new CAMeLots is certainly to check the LEX every now and then. ;)
There are also several LEX categories you can use in the Power Search to find CAMeLots.

Besides, we are currently lagging behind a bit... since SimGoober's buildings were uploaded this list hasn't been updated.
Need to get back to it at some stage... or drag Shoreman back from RL... ::)

I'll try to remember though, to add a note at every update telling you which lots have been added. ;)

SC4BOY

hmm.. I guess added info needed are
1. Is the lot included on the relevant CAM DL file [edit: oops I guess that is implied by where the dl links.. sorry].. for ex. is a specific lot on the "CAM RESIDENTIAL" dl?
2. Whether on the DL or not, are the "cleanups" on the relevant Cleanitol file? ie CAM "cleanup" (to take out the non-model files) and CAM "requirements" file (ie added dependencies or megafiles) .. hehe.. and maybe other things I haven't properly grasped yet..

I'm afraid I'm only just now getting the hang of what process is needed as items are integrated..

I also want to install the "stupid news" (to get those stupid tickers out) file and the "expanded UI mod" (adding the demands for I,C,R etc and a few other items like garbage details) to graphs. Will those be a problem. I think I recall mention of the UI mod but I forget.. I used to use it all the time, but perhaps all the added capability of the repository and region info stuff has obsoleted it..

RippleJet

Quote from: SC4BOY on December 03, 2007, 05:59:19 PM
I also want to install the "stupid news" (to get those stupid tickers out) file and the "expanded UI mod" (adding the demands for I,C,R etc and a few other items like garbage details) to graphs. Will those be a problem. I think I recall mention of the UI mod but I forget.. I used to use it all the time, but perhaps all the added capability of the repository and region info stuff has obsoleted it..

I'm still using Equinox' RCI Query Upgrade Mod, even if all it is reporting is also included in the Census Repository's report. ;)

Marco

Is it me or does the Tower Residence 1 and 2 not work? I've gotten the models etc but they dont show up... Is there something missing?

RippleJet

Quote from: Marco on December 06, 2007, 11:50:50 PM
Is there something missing?

Maybe the correct flip of a coin... randomness... ::)
I hope somebody who has had them growing could tell us... if not, I'll take a closer look at them. ;)