• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Weymouth, Maine -- There Will be MORE!!!

Started by evertonforever1, June 11, 2009, 01:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evertonforever1

A letter from the Mayors desk,

This is a Mayor Diary based on a real county in Maine but all towns are mostly fictitious. Although It is fictitious I am trying to keep a realistic region. I am not from Maine, or the US for that matter, so if at any point you find it necessary to criticize my region for its realism i will more than happy to listen.

Thank you,
and enjoy.

Here are some Introduction pictures to let you get a feel for Cumberland County.

Grant Rapids & the Topsham Ave. Bridge(built 1836)

My next update will go more in depth into Cumberland County

Hope to see you next time!!

Floydian

I like that house. It's very pastel and peaceful seeming. A bit over shaded from trees in the RL pic, but still.

A nice start so far. I would recommend a slope mod though, because I don't even think the streetcars in San Francisco could make it up the ramp onto that bridge!

Also just a thought, but Maines location made it the main delta for the glaciers of the last ice age. Most of Maine is mud and clay as opposed to granite or sedimentary stone. You won't find many big boulders there. If you don't have the mayor menu flora set (I actually don't know who made it), it includes a few different items that would be useful, such as ploppable marches and cattails.

evertonforever1

thanks mate... About the rocks. there is only really rocks along my coasts and On this particular Set of Rapids.  I took into account that maine is not really that rocky.. just the coast

ps.. i do have a bridge height mod but i custum made the slope of the bridge.. a bit overboard now that you mention it. I willl intend to fix it

Thanks.

Floydian

The bridge height mod lets you have bridges without slopes. A slope mod makes it so your roads streets rails and highways can't ascend to quickly... So you could make your bridge that height, and then drag the roads down each side and have them slowly climb up to the height of the bridge instead of creating sheer cliffs.

evertonforever1

Floydian: sweet will do

I thought I would post some info about the region.

The City of Weymouth, is located in the state of Maine in the USA. It forms part of Cumberland County district 3.
It was established in 1642 as a port from England for settlers to arrive and also to deliver goods. Since then the region has been known for its fishing, craft brewries, and Ship building.

EDIT: Merged double posts. See MD Rules for explanations. Thanks! - Dustin (thundercrack83)

Nexis4Jersey

interesting start , i'll be following it  &apls

evertonforever1

Welcome to Cumberland County. This is an overview of the reigion.
Here is some info about the reigion.

The county was founded in 1760 and is seat is in Portland, Maine.  It is a country known for its fishing industry although a fair bitt of farming does take place around the county(as you will see in the pictures) . It is seviced by a network of transportation by road and rail. Highway 1 runs from Freeport, throught Weymouth and up to Bath. Major cities include Portland, Weymouth, and Freeport.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here Are pictures-

MAP of Maine:

Cumberland Counties magnificent coast-

Fishing Is the Counties biggest employer-

Farming is sparse but still provides dairy and produce to the towns in the Cumberland-

Pictured Below is one of the major rail lines-

Here is The Freeport Port Coal Power Facility and some power lines that serve the County-

That is all for know!!  Hope you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again!!!!

Cumberland County - Come and Make it yours!

Battlecat

Fantastic start!  Love those coastal homes and that small fishing community in the latest update!

evertonforever1

Hi Everybody!

This is my second update in as many days!!! That was fast!

Well This update is all about the main city in my region, Weymouth. Weymouth is a very small, peacefull cuty on the mouth of the Androscoggin River and the head of Casco bay. It has A University, Museams, Schools, two Stadiums, a passenger rail station, and a freight rail station. The highlights of its waterfront are the fishing peirs, marinas, Androscoggin Dock the Winchester Mill, The Morse's Tea building(One of the oldest buildings in Maine), St. George Cathedral, Lenster Primary School, and The Town Hall Building.

A Golf course is under construction and so are two Freeways, outside the city. You will see all of that in later updates!!  so keep your eyes peeled and for know enjoy the sites in one of americas oldest cities.

Pictured Below is part of downtown. Sicnificant site include The Morse's tea Building(Top Left), Lenster Primary School(Right), and The Town Hall Building(Botton with the clocktower!).

Pictured here is the Androscoggin Dock and a ship.

This is St. George Cathedral. Located within walking distance of downtown, just north of the The Town Hall. It serves as the Main Cathedral of the many churches spread across North-East Cumberland.

What you see here is The University of Cumberland Campus. The Joshua Chamberland Building(Pictured Top Right) is where all the most of the large classes are, and the auditorium. Stump Merrill Feild is named after a pro baseball player and Yankees manager from Weymouth and is where the UofC Tigers football and soccer teams train and play.

An Overview of the Campus

Here is Weymouth Station. It is a Passenger Rail station located in the center of town. It is currently serviced by Amtrak Trains. It is currently of little priority to construct a bigger station but will happen in the future.

Pictured below is US route 1 leaving the city west to Freeport.

Back to downtown...

This is Winchester Mill. Over time it has been several things, a wagon mill, garment facrtory, hay and produce storage, and furniture factory. Now it is currently a fabric mill.

This is a picture of the fishing piers in Weymouth.

This Is the area around the dock yards. It is the poorest area of the city.

Here Is an updated picture of the Topsham Ave. Bridge and Grant Rapids(Took me a while to fix the slope!!)

And finaly the best for last!  The overview of downtown Weymouth!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again Thank you very much for stopping in, and tell me what you think! good or bad!

See you next time when I post and Update on Wiscasset.

evertonforever1

How'd you like that! My first mosaic. Wasn't so tough!

Well this is the town of Wiscasset, Maine. The town lies just east of Weymouth and west of the City Of Bath(Next update). It is connected to the two adjecent cites by Us Route 1 and rail lines. It is a pleasent town that started as a fishing and port town and developed into a nice place to go and relax, do a little shopping on the main streets, or go sailing for the day on the Wiscasset Bay.

Here it is and enjoy the pleasant views!

This is downtown Wiscasset. The main street you see in the picture is Wiscasset Street. It stretches from Venosta north along the bay. Ther are mostly Hardware stores, clothing, and Antique stores alont the street.

This is St. John Baptist Church also located on the north section of Wiscasset street.

This here is the area of Fairlawn. It is also a great place to shop and also see some very nice old homes.

Wedged inbetween downtown and Fairlawn is Cenntenial Park. As the picture was taken there was the North Cumberland Little League Cup going on.

To the south of Wiscasset is the area of Venosta. It is where the Docks are and the Marina. This area is just starting to develope its shopping area.

The area of Simoset st. and Kent st. is the poorer area of town.

This is the Wiscasset Bridge over the bay.

This is The US route one heading through the north of town.

This is a Tunnel inbetween Bath and Wiscasset.(best tunnel i have ever achived on SC4)

Here are a colection of photos from around the town of older buildings. They are the noteable ones.

Well that is it!!  Hope you enjoyed it.

"Your allways welcome back to Wiscasset"

Look out for my next Update on Bath, Maine! And see you next time!

Nexis4Jersey

Great update :thumbsup: , But i think u should use a Slope mod , it look more realistic !

Tomas Neto

Hi my friend!! This beautiful region in your MD! I like very much!

Battlecat

This continues to look fantastic.  That's a gorgeous set of custom homes you've got there!

evertonforever1

Welcome to Bath!  Here are two Mosaics just to get you started.

Bath Has been a shipbuilding hub on the Eastern seaboard for more than a century and i now home of the US Navy Drydock Bath. It Provide most of the jobs in the city along with all the manufacturing jobs it provides. Bath has been a working class town up untill the late '80's when tourism started to boom.

This is a tour of the city.

Below is the Downtown corners of High St., Washington Ave., and  Elm St.

Here is a picture of New Hampshire St. leading East out of downtown.

This is the area of Amesport. it is the most pictuesque area of town.

Pictured here is The Bath Protected Forest. It lies right in the center of the city at the foot of the bridges.(You can tell i had a bit of fun with the Nam rail curves :) )

This is the Bath Ironworks. It is located in the Unionville area of Bath.

This is Unionville, and forms the Center of the city. It is the location of most industry and the ship building yards.

This is the North Section of Unionville.

This is one of the Many manufacturing warehouses in the city.

And finally a small mosaic of South Bath. It is the poorer area of the city.

Here is an overview of the whole City.  Enjoy!

-- -- REPLIES -- --

Nexis4Jersey -- Thanks m8!  i already am using the slope mod ..but for some reason i could not get that section of Highway to get a realistic slope.

Tomas Neto -- Glad you like it!

Battlecat -- They really are neat homes eh?  i like 'em

danielcote

Very good work! I love the way you're cities look pure eyecandy.

nedalezz

Given that I lived in New England for 4 years, I can say from experience that your towns live up to the feel of the those in the area. Very good job.

Tomas Neto

Wow, great work!!! Very nice pictures!!!  &apls  &apls

Earth quake

Excellent Update.
The pictures a really beautiful
I really love this city.

Nice work. :thumbsup:

Vivien.

beutelschlurf

moin evertonforever1,
looks really good ...  :thumbsup:
... i'm curious abaut your next update!

b_schlurf

bob56

I really like the layout you have, especially in the 1st pic. And I like the diagonal Street

A few suggestions,

1. It would be nice if the pics were jpegs instead of png's, which have slower loading times.
2. In your 7th picture, how exactly does the truck leave the building? ('exit only') :D

Nice start!
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19