• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Landfill Addon Mod (LAM) Development

Started by un1, October 02, 2008, 05:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

un1

Well this is my secret project. (Or was, :D)

LAM Developers:

un1
Swat-Medic
dragonshardz
Fatsuhono

Help Is Wanted!!!!

Information:

Really all it is, is a part 2 to my "un1's Landfill Mod" (Just waaay bigger).

This mod completely redos the landfill in SimCity 4. It includes plopable landfills that you can buldoze.  ;D
What I need help is maybe fixing the BAT textures at the edges.

Here is some progress;

Just some plops:

See, buldozable:

-un1

swat-medic

Looking good un1!  Great models swat-medic!! :D

deathtopumpkins

those piles of garbage actually look good for... piles of garbage!  :D
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

dragonshardz

I can do the transit/lot modding for you. Just send me the files thru my email with the subject as "LAM". You can find my email on my profile page here[linkie]

swat-medic

Thanks dragonshardz!  All help is appreciated.   ;D

un1

Email sent.  ;)

Thanks, dragonshardz. ;D I'll add you to the little list.

-un1

j-dub

Getting rid of the trash would be nice. Maybe we should call you Waste Management.
Do these lots appear in the landfill menu? I noticed eventually lots from the landfill don't want to demolish at some point. I am talking about any type of lot in that menu. I have experienced when you hover the bulldozer over it, it will show you how much to bulldoze, but after clicking, there will be a sound but the item will still be there, and when you try to bulldoze it again, it will say $0 and won't work. Thats what I have had happen is all I'm saying, but its great that this field is being taken care of. For saftey sake, are these going to appear in a different icon menu?

dragonshardz

Yes, they are. They will all appear in your Power menu.

On development, I am currently waiting on a reply from Pegasus on how he made some lots of his not need to be next to a road. i have examined the lot in question and the only thing that could make it not need to be near a road is being part of the Park OG, however I do not know what that will do to the lot (yet).

un1

Quote from: dragonshardz on October 02, 2008, 06:48:58 PM
Yes, they are. They will all appear in your Power menu

j-dub: Really, wow!  ()sad()

So looks like we will be moving to the power menu then. (I think we need to make a MML for it now).

-un1

dragonshardz

Actually, un1, I just tested them and they are in the Landfill Menu so I was incorrect. I think, before we move to the Power Menu we might want to run a quick test to see if this happens to everyone.

In other news, adding the Park OG did not help, the no car zots still pop up.

It looks like I will have to wait for Pegasus' reply to solve this...

~~Dragonshardz~~

j-dub

You know, its just that they have to be vanquished out of your cities completely before having the change for them to appear in another icon to work. I guess whoever downloads can manually change where they appear, but there are other players who are by no means familiar with that. What I had said about previous lots from the landfill menu had occured from the industrial version of the scenic drive kit, which whoever made that put it in the landfill menu. It was good to save space for other places, but even though I recall it didn't have landfill stats, it had the same issue, where it couldn't be destroyed. I think this has something to do with the source code, and that particullar menu, since the developers locked landfill zones from getting destroyed. Personally though, I think a garbabe truck does need to take a dump, and I still would use a dirt street for this situation. The reality of this is, there has to be a way in between the rubbish and to get to the very top of the landfill, because I have driven up to the top of  the local landfill to with my car, and also have ridden my bike off of another one not too far away, its very dangerous doing that, the amount of speed is one thing, the potential hard hit too, but it seems every time I have been up there, some stinky, toxic gas shoots out of the vents on the pipes at the tops of these things.

jmdude1

im not sure about these useable lots, but when i make LM plops, i just edit the file in the sc4tool, select the lot file and edit the lotconfig required roads exemplar. you can just unselect any of them to have no required roads. again, im not sure if this will work for lots that actually have a use.  i hope this might help.

callagrafx

here's a hint....look at the way farms work  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Diggis

I would suggest making 2 or 3 models and adding them to a family for some variety.

un1

LAM Developers,

I am going away for the weekend, but I will work on the LAM alot.

If there is anything you want me to do, respond on this thread before 4:00 PM Eastern Time!

dragonshardz: Well lets wait for the reply...
j-dub: That gives me alot of ideas. Thanks!  &idea
jmdude1: We will try that.
callagrafx: That is the Second part of this mod.  ;)
Diggis: I`ll ask Swat-Medic to make those.
Swat-Medic: Can you make 2 more "Middle" landfill plops, with maybe some extra props like a garbage truck or something like that?

Edit: I'm leaving now. - 3:26 PM EST

-un1

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

swat-medic

I will make a few more fill models for variety.

Fatsuhono

un1, I love these new LAM lots. They are outstanding! :thumbsup: I am just wondering, did you know to make them ploppable from the flora menu? Like the Rural Renewal Project flora? If so, that's crazy! (in a good way) :P

un1

Quote from: Fatsuhono on October 03, 2008, 02:46:46 PM
un1, I love these new LAM lots. They are outstanding! :thumbsup: I am just wondering, did you know to make them ploppable from the flora menu? Like the Rural Renewal Project flora? If so, that's crazy! (in a good way) :P

Thanks! No not in the flora menu. (Still that is a good idea but it would be hard to plop them, I'll think about doing it)

Over the weekend I made a query for the LAM lots (that is all I can do until I get the lots from Swat)

-un1

Fatsuhono