• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4's Ninth Birthday!

Started by dedgren, January 08, 2012, 04:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

Quote from: Tarkus on January 14, 2012, 05:51:37 PM
I myself picked up SC4 Deluxe just about 8 years ago.

You too?  I picked mine up in early 2004.  I shelled out the $49.99 it took to buy the Deluxe Edition.  At first, I thought, "What a waste of money," because of how boring the game seemed.  I actually went back to SC3K Unlimited for a while believing that SC4 was inferior to that game.  In late '06, though, I discovered SC4 fan sites and the NAM (my first download), along with RHW 1.3 (or 13 as it was called at the time).  The rest, they say, is history!
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Tarkus

Quote from: metarvo on January 15, 2012, 06:40:55 AM
Quote from: Tarkus on January 14, 2012, 05:51:37 PM
I myself picked up SC4 Deluxe just about 8 years ago.

You too?  I picked mine up in early 2004.  I shelled out the $49.99 it took to buy the Deluxe Edition.  At first, I thought, "What a waste of money," because of how boring the game seemed.  I actually went back to SC3K Unlimited for a while believing that SC4 was inferior to that game.  In late '06, though, I discovered SC4 fan sites and the NAM (my first download), along with RHW 1.3 (or 13 as it was called at the time).  The rest, they say, is history!

I think I got it on sale at my local Fred Meyer as I recall . . . $44.99.  Before that, I had primarily been toying around with Streets of SimCity and the copy of SCURK (basically a sandbox version of SC2000) that came with it.  I was kind of trying to do regions with SCURK, so when I saw that SC4 had incorporated that as part of the actual gameplay, and some of the transportation options, I jumped at it.  Played it vanilla for almost 2 years (I hadn't yet discovered the community) and just about fell out of my chair when I ran across ST and found the NAM.  Never thought that a year after discovering the NAM, I'd be contributing to it.

And I remember RHW "13" quite well.  That was my first real transit mod release ever.

-Alex

BarbyW

I bought the original SC4 then waited anxiously for Rush Hour. Watched Simtrop and was very envious when some of the US members had it. I've never BATted - well I did try but no one at BSC wanted a green floating ball - but have always enjoyed the lotting and lot modding. I have a project just about to start but as I have not yet re-installed all my tools yet I won't say anything about what I am about to do. IWBRWIIR
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

NCGAIO

I apologize for coming back to the topic ... I hope it is the ninth anniversary of the tenth on the way too.

I'm seriously thinking about breaking up my rule of not spending money on the web without specific purpose and transform them into a signature of Devotion.