• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

NWM curves are in planning.

More will be elaborated on after the current NAM 36 cycle.

-eggman121

roadgeek

:bnn: :bnn: I can hardly wait to see it. I am getting my drool bucket ready!

Quote from: eggman121 on June 08, 2017, 03:39:33 PM

-eggman121

Tarkus

In the process of doing some testing relating to the recent FTL-related proposals, I happened to discover that the DIPs were not functioning properly on the NRD-4 network, dropping its capacity.  The patch below will correct this.  The recommended location for installation is the Plugins\z___NAM folder.

In case anyone is wondering regarding the technical aspect, the culprit appeared to be the "number of paths" value on the path file for the orthogonal tile (0x51050000), which was still set to 10 even after the PedMall Connector paths were added to the network during NAM 34 development.  The DIPs were the 11th and 12th paths in the file, and this caused them to not be read.  I have changed the "number of paths" value to 12, thereby re-enabling the DIPs.

The copy of NetworkWideningMod_NRD-4.dat in my NAM build folder has already been corrected, so the fix will be included in NAM 37 out of the box.

-Alex

roadgeek

Quote from: eggman121 on June 08, 2017, 03:39:33 PM

-eggman121

I would like to see some FA NWM as well, but I'm afraid that would be asking too much, especially since draggable FA never got past 1 tile width, which is not so much of a problem for ARD-3 or OWR-3 and other 1 tile networks, but does not seem feasible on the Ave-6 or TLA-7.

Tarkus

Quote from: roadgeek on November 19, 2017, 11:47:24 PM
I would like to see some FA NWM as well, but I'm afraid that would be asking too much, especially since draggable FA never got past 1 tile width, which is not so much of a problem for ARD-3 or OWR-3 and other 1 tile networks, but does not seem feasible on the Ave-6 or TLA-7.

The most likely scenario with the multi-tile network setups would be FLEX pieces, rather than what would likely be an inordinately complex pattern-based draggable.  I wouldn't be surprised if the single-tile variants also received FLEX piece equivalents as well.

-Alex

Seaman

Quote from: Tarkus on November 20, 2017, 01:57:07 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the single-tile variants also received FLEX piece equivalents as well.

Actually, I find the draggable solutions for the FAs of the road and rail network quite handy. Sure, they need some time to familiarize, but it's basically a 'rtfm' (thx to the wonderful pattern descriptions).

But as far as I remember, Tarkus said that this Flex technology is actually saving work and time in the process of creating new functionality. What would you guess to be less work intensive: single tile draggable FAs or Flex pieces?

Tarkus

In terms of the actual coding side of things, porting the Road Draggable FAs to One-Way Road would mostly be a "CPFR" (Copy-Paste-Find-Replace) operation.  There'd be at least a little extra RUL0 work, and possibly some INRUL work, in making FLEX versions of it.  The reason for doing FLEX versions on the single-tile would mostly be to give users another option, and better handling of some setups that are difficult with the draggable method.  It'd kind of be to mirror the DRI/FLEXRamp system on the RHW side.

As far as how it would affect the potential of NWM FA functionality, there's virtually no difference.  The IIDs would be the same between the Draggable FA and FLEX FA, so the RUL2 code would automatically apply to both.

-Alex

eggman121

I guess I should post on the status update of the NWM MRCs

There will be base versions of the TLA variants of curves as flex pieces and the idea is to make other variants based on overrides.

Still a bit of work to do on the Curves but they are coming along smoothly.

Alex is completely right on the tech side of things. That is the direction I am headed.

-eggman121

dyoungyn

Fabulous!!!!!!!!! 

Are AVE6/7 gentle curves still on the radar?

AsimPika3172

Nice wide curve NVM!!!  &apls &apls &apls

For the more future of NAM version, please make diagonal and elevated version of NVM if you lucky!  :P
I loves Sim City forever!

APSMS

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

brick_mortimer

Wow, that's amazing! :thumbsup:
Wow, that's amazing! :bnn:
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

b22rian

Alex,

I wanted to share with you an odd issue I recently ran across, to see if you might be able to produce it in your region..

But I refer to this as the Pedestrian Path 2 eternity  :P

It seems to originate from the owr-3 to owr-4 transition. At the moment I cant seem to recall if it runs amok in any other instances in my cities..

eggman121

Hello everyone. Here is the latest video I have made for the NWM MRC side of things.

https://www.youtube.com/v/BhXdjaURDGM

Hopefully the embedding has worked properly this time.

Enjoy :)

-eggman121

AsimPika3172

I loves Sim City forever!

Bipin

I'm always impressed that new additions are churned out at a frequent pace - and not only that, genuinely useful additions too! Can't wait to use 'em! :laugh:

brick_mortimer

Sweeeeeeeeet!
But also really, really amazing  &apls

Have a banana  :bnn:
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Gugu3

eggman121

Thanks for everyone that replied and pressed like on the post  :)

Here are some more teasers...

Basically two variants with the same right of way.

One thing you will notice is "override embedding"

That is once a piece is overridden you may have to remove the piece to override with a different network due to the fact that the override is embedded in the piece. This is due to the structure of the RUL coding. This may be advantageous for making sections of road and overriding the pieces to the variants without starter pieces.

I have coded the R4 variant and am on to the R5 now.

-eggman121

Gugu3