• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pilotdaryl

Sorry for the bad photoshopping... but I think this would look a lot better.  I also think the 'dark strip' on the centre lane should be reduced since 1. it really isn't used that often and 2. kinda unrealistic...

Palpatine001

This thread is running white hot at the moment that is for sure

Now then looking the work is coming along nicely and will make great additions to non high density development in the city areas and beyond.

Again  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to keeping SC4 alive through expanding it as much as possible  &apls
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Filasimo

pilo: do keep in mind that those are prototype textures and not that of the finished one  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Tarkus

Here's the current state of the TLA-5/TLA-3 intersection.  The RULs seem to work, the turn lanes show up, and the textures are, of course, still prototypes. ;)

+-Intersection

T-Intersection

Things still aren't entirely stable yet, so it may still be awhile.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Starmanw402007

The TL5/TL3 is looking fantastic Tarkus. Cant wait to use them in my city. Are u going to have turning lanes for one-way roads?(OWR).
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

SusanMarie1956

Question:
Will there be a traditional avenue to TLA 5 transistion?

-Susan Marie
-Susan Marie

thundercrack83

Looking good, Alex! Looking really good! I can't wait to see more progress!

Tarkus

starman, to answer your question, the way the OWR network is setup, the directionality is not tied to the texture rotation, so unfortunately, it's not possible.

SusanMarie, to answer your question, there will be a way to transition between the two networks, though it will likely involve a connection to OWR in between the TLA-5 and the normal Avenue.

And Dustin, thanks for the support!

I'll be back with more a little later . . .  ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

debutterfly

great progress Alex...  &apls Only if SC4Tool would show the textures and text fields instead of showing black text fields and no textures. &cry2

SIDEBAR NOTE: I've already read how to fix freezes from happening in SC4Tools but i don't know why the textures would not show up. It loads and everything else works fine. I have Vista Home Premium x64. It's not because I'm running a 64-bit processor. I think it's because XP goes up to 24-bit color and Vista supports 16-bit and 32-bit color so there's compatability issues in the color display. Can anyone who's on the NAM team who has Vista and is using SC4Tool to view textures help me get this to work. This is appropriate for the NAM thread since it's about editing NAM textures and RULs.  &hlp

Anyway, I understand better how RULs work.  ;) It's like learning another programming language, pretty easy to say the least (for me at least) ()stsfd() . Just need to have great visualization on how peices are oriented in different positions and a lot of time and patience. Just wondering...how much time do you take a day (on average) modding and testing?  ::)

Jonathan

When I had XP I used SC4Tool reguraly, it's a great tool, but since I have got Vista and learnt how to RUL I know use the reader and it's texture viewer, if you need more details I'm sure they can be given.

When I don't have school I generaly spend the whole day modding, I know I'm sad.

Shadow Assassin

SC4Tool isn't fully compatible with Vista. I don't know why, but that's just the way it is [in fact, if you attempt to run it in Vista native mode, not WinXP SP2 mode, it will most likely make your computer freak out].

A compatibility patch would be nice, but we'll have to wait and see.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Andreas

Unfortunately, there won't be a Vista compatibility patch for SC4Tool, at least not in the near future. simrolle might pick up the development of an SC4Tool predecessor one day, but due to RL issues, it's not very likely at the moment.
Andreas

nerdly_dood

Yeah, I have the same issue with textures in SC4Tool.  I am running Vista Ultimate.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

Prototype of the TLA-3/Road conversion.  It's a draggable setup, which is initiated in a very similar manner to jplumbley's new Road Turning Lanes (RTL) Plugin.  Textures aren't finished, obviously--it looks a bit short to me, but I don't know.

-Alex (Tarkus)

DFire870

Alex, that looks great! I know it's a prototype texture, but for the final one I think a two tile transition would be smoother, as well as striped lines in the V section.

Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve next!

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

dragonshardz

Two to three tile transition, but the double line in the center of the transition needs to stay. Wouldn't be safe otherwise.

RebaLynnTS

I think Dfire meant to have a series of diagonal lines from one side of the V to the other to fill in the space. It is something I see quite often in a transition like this.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

DFire870

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on February 27, 2008, 07:18:21 PM
I think Dfire meant to have a series of diagonal lines from one side of the V to the other to fill in the space. It is something I see quite often in a transition like this.

Yeah, that's what I meant, striped diagonal lines across the V. I see that all the time.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Pat

WOW I agree with what Palp said that this thread is smokin white hot!!! Anyways and anywho how ever the final versions turn out I belive it will be great no matter what cause it came from the NAM team!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Palpatine001

Interesting concept for the 2 lane TLA

Anycase as with those white diagonal lines, I think they will come later on as an optional add on.
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother