• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmanw402007

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Streetlight 725

I can't wait for the next update!Hopefully this mod will come out when the RHW Beta 21 comes out too. :)

metarvo

I hope so, too.  However, I believe that this addition is on hold as long as Alex is working on the RHW v21.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Streetlight 725

Quote from: metarvo on September 03, 2008, 08:23:25 PM
I hope so, too.  However, I believe that this addition is on hold as long as Alex is working on the RHW v21.

On hold.Hopfully it is not. :(

Tarkus

Quote from: Streetlight 725 on September 03, 2008, 08:27:35 PM
On hold.Hopfully it is not. :(

Unfortunately, it is.  Once the RHW update is finished, though, I will have more time to focus on the NWM. ;)

We'll also need to get the new Road Turning Lanes plugin done before releasing the NWM, too, as the existing one in the NAM is incompatible with the NWM. 

I did, however, post an update about capacity in my opening "sticky" post--it's good news, especially for the TLA-3.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Streetlight 725

Thats good that the NWM will be worked on soon!! :D  :)

remanh

this looks great! can we get a picture of the MAVE?

Streetlight 725

Ryan B.

Streetlight 725

Streetlight 725

gobo77

Sorry for my bad english....

Patricius Maximus

It hasn't been released yet, and I really can't take credit for it. Haljackey dug it up from his hard drive, I just got the pic from his thread.

Tarkus

I believe that was an attempt that memo made at making a MAVE a couple of years ago.

If you're looking for more pics of the MAVE-4, Shadow Assassin actually posted a couple on one of the last couple pages.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Shadow Assassin

QuoteI believe that was an attempt that memo made at making a MAVE a couple of years ago.

Yup - but it wasn't called the MAVE back then... I believe memo called it the "Main Street Mod".
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

SimsReporter

I have one question, Does the NWM use the RHW network (but diffrent textures, etc) or does it use the Avenue?
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

Tarkus

Quote from: SimsReporter on September 09, 2008, 03:10:05 PM
I have one question, Does the NWM use the RHW network (but diffrent textures, etc) or does it use the Avenue?

Neither, actually.  All the 2-way networks (TLAs, etc.) are based on the Road network, while the 1-way networks are OWR-based.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Tarkus on September 09, 2008, 03:23:17 PM
Neither, actually.  All the 2-way networks (TLAs, etc.) are based on the Road network, while the 1-way networks are OWR-based.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Well, the MAVE's using the One Way roads, but that'll probably change in the near future once I get my hands on a starter piece for the MAVE.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Wilfried

Quote from: Tarkus on September 07, 2008, 05:20:47 PM
I believe that was an attempt that memo made at making a MAVE a couple of years ago.
That is right; memo and I were working on this once ago, but since I'm not a texture artist (too stupid to get proper curves done), I wasn't likely to continue the texturing work -- as was no one else. :thumbsdown:

Then, the improvements on RHW and other stuff came out, and so no one was interested in doing further work on this.

The mod was called the "Classic Main Street Mod", and the screen is from a test town of mine which actually is still dumping around on my drive. :thumbsup:

Note the row houses and single-family homes (lower right corner) -- they're part of a mod I had been using to create uniform Nazi-style cities... Didn't work out right, however. They just didn't grow as they were supposed to. I don't know why.  ::)

If anyone would like to take over and continue working on this stuff, just drop me a PM, and I'll provide you all the stuff and info you need. (You'll probably need to contact memo as well in order to get the latest RUL files on this.)