• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patricius Maximus

Yep, must have turned off of one of those TLR's  :D.

Anyway, I think people are wandering off-topic because nothing has been reported about the NWM -- and I know there is nothing to report.

So, until there is something to talk about, I'll refrain from posting here.

nerdly_dood

that's what i've done ever since shadow assassin's last teaser...
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

DuskTrooper

SC4, forevermore!

supercity124

How about a left turn lane with a road and avenue connection on a T intersection,

and release it on the STEX.
Cities will have tall buildings, and rural areas will have farms and power lines.

I AM YOUR LOCAL CITY PLANNER OF THE FUTURE

sim-al2

I don't know why, but that looks a little dangerous.  ::) Also, your posting in the wrong thread. Once again:

TOPIC FAIL.

This thread is for discussion and development of the NWM, not discussing of how much sleep you get/don't get... useless avenue mods.... or what ever you want.

(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Ryan B.

Quote from: supercity124 on September 26, 2008, 09:41:42 PM
How about a left turn lane with a road and avenue connection on a T intersection,

and release it on the STEX.

Supercity, this is not the place to request such items.  Besides, if my memory serves me right, the basic layout for that has already been completed.

nerdly_dood

Hey, um, idle question - are there any TLAs in the United States with multiple center turning lanes - like for example, such a road would have two lanes going north, then two center turn lanes and then two going south? All I've ever known of, seen, or had any indication of has had a single center turn lane no matter how many non-turn lanes it has. (Also, what would the lines look like indicating such a TLA?)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

Quote from: nerdly_dood on September 27, 2008, 04:15:08 PM
Hey, um, idle question - are there any TLAs in the United States with multiple center turning lanes - like for example, such a road would have two lanes going north, then two center turn lanes and then two going south? All I've ever known of, seen, or had any indication of has had a single center turn lane no matter how many non-turn lanes it has. (Also, what would the lines look like indicating such a TLA?)

I used to wonder about that myself--I'm fairly certain it doesn't really exist--though the closest thing would be when there's two plain old left turn lanes going in opposite directions, though that's usually confined just to intersections. 

-Alex

Patricius Maximus

I think two turning lanes would be dangerous, but a wider one would be good if there was a lot of turning/waiting traffic.

zakuten

I indeed have seen a TLA of sorts here in town; this 2 lane road was widened to 1+TL+1, and for some reason, the TL is excessively wide to the point of the actual traffic lanes being too narrow for trucks. I'm assuming this is just a striping error though, as it seemed rushed.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

metarvo

I've seen that before.  The intersection has four signal faces on the approach, with a 3-lens "left turn signal" head over each center lane and a 3-lens standard signal head over each through traffic lane.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

redraider147

yes...along TX Farm Road 1938 (Davis Blvd.) in North Richland Hills TX at North Richland Blvd...it's a very short section, but it cut down on many wrecks...

Shadow Assassin

QuoteHey, um, idle question - are there any TLAs in the United States with multiple center turning lanes - like for example, such a road would have two lanes going north, then two center turn lanes and then two going south? All I've ever known of, seen, or had any indication of has had a single center turn lane no matter how many non-turn lanes it has. (Also, what would the lines look like indicating such a TLA?)

Not in the US in my case... but there are plenty of intersections here with that sort of setup.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

tacall

please realese a demo  :'( I can´t wait too long time.. more than just a year realese the basics of NWM please!!!!

Ryan B.

Where I used to live in Texas, along US 290, there was a stretch of double-wide center left turn lane.  So, I know it exists.

tacall:  Do you think the rest of us want it less?  You'll wait, just like all of us.  It'll be released when it's released, so why don't you let the team do their job and get this done the right way?

Geronimo

This is looking sooooo promising! Good luck to the team with further developement  :thumbsup:

Gayowulf

It's like you read my mind and found out exactly what I was looking for...

I'm not sure if someone's already asked this (I really didn't feel like reading all 45 pages) but would it be possible to do something like this limited to pedestrian traffic?  I tend to use footpaths a lot in my cities, but right now they're just eyecandy.  It'd be awesome if they could actually be used.
Goodness me, it's been a while.
Once upon a (very long) time (ago) I was working on Calidore: A Steampunk Experiment... maybe that will happen again someday.

If you're thinking I used to have a different name on here... I did. It still me!

dragonshardz

That would be under the SAM project, I beleive. It's still up in the air (as far as I know), but the NAM Team might make pedmalls draggable in conjunction with the SAM.

Though I think a NAM Team Memeber will be able to give a more definite answer than I can.

~~Dragonshardz~~

j-dub

Part of the center turn lane on a road in a city where I live, gets that wide enough for 2 cars, but its not drawn that way. The rest of the way, it is only one car length. I think here they actually didn't intend for that, because there are alot of roads in my area that either have measurements too big, or too narrow at random due to the machine that paints the lines.

@Alafel, you mean future draggable Ped Malls? That is something completely different. The Ped Mall Pieces are pathed so that they can walk (turn) any direction, following the grid, but Chris Adams draggable trail system is impossible to incorporate pathes like the ped mall pieces, being they are smaller then the 1 tile size required to carry a path. I'm assuming that is what your talking about, being those trails are the only "network" that goes any direction drawn unrestricted to the 90/45 degree grid system, which is not compatible to path for this game. If Chris wanted those pathes incorporated into ped mall tiles, the possibility is always there.However I sure hope some can make ploppable flora with pathes that don't follow the games grid, and proove me wrong.

Tarkus

Quote from: dragonshardz on September 30, 2008, 07:54:16 PM
That would be under the SAM project, I beleive. It's still up in the air (as far as I know), but the NAM Team might make pedmalls draggable in conjunction with the SAM.

You're correct, dragonshardz.  jplumbley had set aside the last couple SAM sets for draggable pedmalls.

Back with . . . something . . . soon.

-Alex (Tarkus)