• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

citymax

Starmanw402007

Awesome job on the NWM Alex you and the crew!! keep up the great work. what i meant about the new avenues you are creating, would they work with the roads in streets? Merging into roads or streets that is? That is the 6 lanes and more? like they do in some real avenues.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Wilfried

I love those multilane one-ways. All thumbs up!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

TJ1

That looks so awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

mikeseith

metarvo

Wow.  I'll probably have that picture in my head for at least a week now.  ;D  Good work!
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

strucka

WOOOOOOOOOOOOWW!!!! This is soooooooooooooo kickass...

itsacoaster

Great stuff as per usual, Tarkus.  If we're not getting three-tile networks soon, the wider OWRs will likely give me the capacity I need for now.

Question:  will the wider OWRs form neighbor connections?

Tarkus

Quote from: itsacoaster on March 18, 2010, 11:40:22 AM
Question:  will the wider OWRs form neighbor connections?

That's a good question.  The base OWR network, as you know, cannot make neighbor connections.  Beyond the fact that it's a hard-coded issue, the game likes to see cars entering and exiting from the same tile on single-tile networks, so even if you could physically make the connection, you'd get the "Freight Only" situation that occurs with the RHW that is currently only corrected with a workaround of some sort.

That being said, I ended up coming up with a solution for the RHW "Freight Only" situation involving some trick puzzle pieces with special pathing, which will be incorporated into Version 4.0.  Provided that you are building one-way-couplets (two one-ways in opposite directions), it should be possible to adapt the RHW neighbor connection pieces to the One-Way Road network without much difficulty.  This would effectively make it possible to build connections with the game's default OWR-2 network as well.  The one thing to keep in mind, however, is that you'd need a 1-tile easement at the edge of your city between the two roadways of the OWR couplet, where you're placing the OWR neighbor connection.

-Alex

Monorail Master

Speaking of the 5-lane OWR and the RHW, will the new 3-OWR and 5-OWR be able to form connections with RHW-6 and RHW-10? Mainly to create 90-degree turns.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Tarkus

Quote from: Monorail Master on March 19, 2010, 03:55:38 PM
Speaking of the 5-lane OWR and the RHW, will the new 3-OWR and 5-OWR be able to form connections with RHW-6 and RHW-10? Mainly to create 90-degree turns.

For NWM Release 1, no.  The OWR-5 is also strictly orthogonal at the moment (all the 2 tile networks will be for Release 1) so it wouldn't be of any use as far as making RHW-10 diagonals/curves.

-Alex

TJ1

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but, will there be any street running railroads in the next NAM or NWM? Because their are many cities and towns in the world (including mine) that have heavy duty railroads in the middle of streets, roads, avenues(also TLA),and Highway's if you are a fan of trains you know what im talking about. Ive found these picture's                                                                                                                            

TJ1

Here are two more pics...                                                                                                                                                      %confuso

superhands

TJ1, the idea has been explored to some degree but won't be in any form for release.

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

strucka

I don't really find i nice or anything, Trams with low carriages are fine, but trains? hm.. Thats also very dangerous i suppose.

rhwfanatic221

Quote from: strucka on March 21, 2010, 06:13:39 AM
I don't really find i nice or anything, Trams with low carriages are fine, but trains? hm.. Thats also very dangerous i suppose.
I have seen a few rr crossings around that cross a road like that before... but it's a little crazy when a train is coming through  ;)

Wilfried

There are cargo trams travelling around Dresden, Germany. Since we don't have such in Sim City, it would be a nice idea to create a kind of Freight-Train-in-Road/Avenue plugin. :D