• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsh

This is great man! :thumbsup:

One question though. How are these going to work. Like the SAM im guessing? Also will there be diagnols? Ihavnt seen any pics of diads yet which is why im asking.

,marsh

Tarkus

Quote from: marsh on May 06, 2010, 03:41:08 PM
One question though. How are these going to work. Like the SAM im guessing?

Yes, it's just like the SAM, RHW, Draggable GLR and HSR.

Quote from: marsh on May 06, 2010, 03:41:08 PM
Also will there be diagnols? Ihavnt seen any pics of diads yet which is why im asking.

Yes, all the single-tile networks will have some diagonal functionality--you'll be able to curve them around without issue, though diagonal intersections do not exist yet (they're planned for a future release).  There's a few pics of the diagonals in the initial reopening post from back in March. 

-Alex

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Can't wait for this release. I've got plans for OWR-5 in my major cities.......
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

sitejunction

Quote from: MattyFo on May 06, 2010, 12:44:32 PM

ARG! thats too bad, but it seems as though the 3 lane roads may do the trick, as most traffic in my city seems to go in only one direction(all leading out of town :D)....will the 2 laned side be interchangable? For example to have the westbound lane as two lanes on one road, but on another road have eastbound as the 2 lanes.......hope that makes sense? :P

I see what you mean exspecially if those cities have industrial areas with freight trucks.

strucka

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on May 06, 2010, 09:45:27 PM
Can't wait for this release. I've got plans for OWR-5 in my major cities.......

I only have one huge city in my current region (also in the MD), but that one has a big downtown CBD area =) and it really needs the OWR's

Kevin1a

&apls I'm still keeping an eye on this.  I don't want to miss it when that moment comes.  ;D

Anyways, I really like the 2+1 road.  From what I have heard, these are common in Scandinavia where they used them to provide an alternative to passing in the lane for oncoming traffic.  The extra lane would alternate back and forth every few miles.  It would really make a cool rural road across some plains or something.  Keep up the good work!

shanghai kid

Quote from: Kevin1a on May 08, 2010, 03:59:07 PM
&apls I'm still keeping an eye on this.  I don't want to miss it when that moment comes.  ;D

Anyways, I really like the 2+1 road.  From what I have heard, these are common in Scandinavia where they used them to provide an alternative to passing in the lane for oncoming traffic.  The extra lane would alternate back and forth every few miles.  It would really make a cool rural road across some plains or something.  Keep up the good work!

Yeah + when the road goes up a hill the extra lane is for slow driving vehicles and trucks so the traffic can drive by the slow going traffic and keep the speed, without having to drive over in the opposite traffic lane to pass them.(if you understand what i mean).
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

io_bg

Well, I think this type of roads is common in whole Europe ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

MandelSoft

Well, I don't see 2+1 roads in the Netherlands. In fact, the only NWM network I see here is the AVE-2, which is widely used in suburbs. I've never seen TLA's in Europe.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Korot

Maarten, you forgot the N50 between Kampen and Zwolle. Though that one could probably be better described as a RHW3...

Regards,
Korot

fedorr

Isn't the N50 a regular road, one way in each direction most of it regular 2-lane dutch highway with the special green line in the middle. I would love to have the dutch green lined RHW mod. But i am affraid nique never finished it. It looked cool though:
Quote from: Nique on January 28, 2009, 06:40:41 PM

Edit: I looked it up but in the Netherlands there are no 3 lane roads. All the roads have a even number of lanes.
The only place i know has a tree lane road is the doklaan in Rotterdam:
http://www.google.nl/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=nl&geocode=&q=rotterdam&sll=53.059271,6.953659&sspn=0.044981,0.132093&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Rotterdam,+Zuid-Holland&ll=51.894391,4.471712&spn=0.001437,0.004128&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=51.894481,4.47149&panoid=PhON4pVimgEWsAD1EIfl6Q&cbp=12,319.7,,0,26.7

Korot

It doesn't have that green line anywhere. Between Emmeloord and Rampspol it is a RHW-2 with a concrete barrier separating the lanes. Between Rampspol and Kampen it is a two lane road with no physical lane separating, just a white, broken line separating the lanes. After Kampen-Zuid (could be Kampen-Noord, not sure) it becomes a 2+1, with the side having 2 lanes alternating every 1,5 km. It stays in this configuration until Intersection Hattermerbroek, where it turns into the A50, which is a normal RHW-4 at that point.

Regards,
Korot

fedorr

I haven't been there a while, so you could be right.

harris14

i've installed the network widening mod and it's in the game but when i plop the starter peaces nothing is shown. like i haven't placed it and the point is its not working for me and i don't know if it has do deal with the nam may release. please help

Andreas

You need to install the new NAM May 2010 version as well, otherwise, it won't work properly. Also, remove any previous NAM versions, as described in detail in the included readme files.
Andreas

Tarkus

Well, it's official.  After 3 1/2 years of development, the Network Widening Mod is now available to the public.  I want to pass along my most sincere thanks to Dave (superhands), who has been an absolutely invaluable part of this effort.  After the grueling development process on RHW Version 3.0, I was wondering if I'd really be able to continue with this project, and Dave lending his "superhands" to the project (bad pun attempt, I realize :D) really made all the difference.  Three rounds of applause for him. &apls &apls &apls

There's a few others who were invaluable along the way during the development process that I'd like to thank: Andreas, besku3epnm, Blue Lightning, jplumbley, memo, mott, qurlix, Ryan B., Shadow Assassin and z, and all the NAM Associates who helped give it a thorough shakedown before release.

A quick reminder to everyone: make sure you've deleted any previous NAM files and have installed the May 2010 NAM (Windows or MacOS) before you install the NWM.  Otherwise, you'll be getting the infamous "red arrow" bug.

Hope you all enjoy the mod, and thank you for your patience over the years!  Here's the links:
NWM Windows
NWM MacOS

I'll be updating the "sticky post" momentarily as well.

-Alex

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Kevin1a

Congratulations!  I am going to be up the next three days straight playing with this, and during finals week too  :'(

Everything looks beyond amazing and I literally peed my pants with excitement when I saw that it was released.

I'm going to switch back from euro textures to the ugly American ones for the time being, but I can't wait to see a Euroset (definitely no rush though, you have done enough)

bobthebobthe

When i plop the starter pieces, it just turns up blank. I do have the Euro textures mod instaled

Patricius Maximus

One could scarcely conceive of the enormous exhilaration, joy, and gratitude that I feel on this day, with RHW 4.0 being released, a new NAM being released, and the long-awaited Network Widening Mod.

Thank you very much for your wonderful work over the past 4 years. Without it, my cities would be unrecognizable, and with these tremendous new tools you have provided me, they will go through a similar transformation over the Spring and Summer of 2010.